Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 38385 times)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'll take you up on that offer, just give me a moment..."
Order Jorge to come back. Then, travel back with Dell. On the way back, discuss our situation.

Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tortles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:32:53 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)

[Earlier, when Ben objects] "Fair enough. You're the one who knows how that works, I'll defer to your judgement there."

[Now] "Hard to believe that worked. Ok.
You can take a rest, Chloe. No talking until you're feeling better, doctor's orders." ;)
"Gavel, what do you mean 'it tastes of gold'? And do any of you know what the 'CS' on the balls might mean?"

(By the way, if the metal balls are the size of footballs - whether American or European - that's not "small". That's fairly large for a metal ball. Small is more like... ball bearing size.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

The Keep
"I'll take you up on that offer, just give me a moment..."
Order Jorge to come back. Then, travel back with Dell.
Auze gathers up his tortles and travels back to the Keep with Dell and the others. They travel out of the rain and drive through the night. The sun is just coming up on the horizon when they slowly pick their way through the few navigable streets of Norwich. Eventually they pull in through the scrap gates of the Keep.

As they're unloading in the yard. "Those are remarkable creatures," Dell says. "Do you use them to fight?"

Laxfield Labyrinth

You can take a rest, Chloe. No talking until you're feeling better, doctor's orders." ;)
"Gavel, what do you mean 'it tastes of gold'? And do any of you know what the 'CS' on the balls might mean?"
Nobody has any firm ideas what the CS could mean.

"Maybe's it's the maker's mark?" says Big Ben.

"Counterstrike?" suggests Doc Stone. "God damn I miss videogames."

"Computer Science?" muses Balthazar.

As for the gold, Gavel just says, "I can sense the broad composition of objects my hammers bounce off of. The signal grows much fainter and harder to determine the more surfaces they have to bounce off of first. But the signal of the element of AU is so strong in the room to the south that it doesn't matter that signal is so weak. There must be a lot of gold there."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I'm not so sure nuking is a good idea, while ionizing radiation does does harm humans, it harms everything with DNA as well, I agree with you, nuking a place isn't ecological.  Where did you two even go to find one of those?"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:31:01 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)

"Fair enough.
I suspect the gold room may be a trap. If you guys are interested in it, Balthazar, maybe you can scout ahead. I think we should go northeast, though; we'd be directly adjacent to the center."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Running in the dark
« Reply #335 on: March 26, 2020, 05:19:17 pm »

”Hey fellow Uploxed with a killer mystique I am trying to infiltrate the Postwick Mobs to help against the fight of the Legends against them, are you a neutral agent willing to help me out and I could help you out?” Karen directly speaks to Jäger and asks for his assistance.

Spoiler: Karen Kablukov (click to show/hide)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Indeed, I do. These guys are trained to help fight, among others. They can also be trained to detect and search for things, and as you saw, they are masters at causing mayhem when they want to (as for other uses, their untrained cousins are a good source of meat and eggs, pretty handy when you live on a place with as unreliable agriculture as Las Islas Galápagos).  Good thing too, because when dealing with Hybrid and Mutant warlords, the (fortunately limited in presence) uploxed, and of course the uselessness that is the Ecuadorian Nationalists, we needed all the aid we could get. I guess now we're in a situation that's just as (if not more) chaotic, only with a few different groups. Which is why we want to arrange an alliance with the Keep." Tell him any information he wants to know about the Tortles and where they are located, as well as any other details.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tortles (click to show/hide)
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #337 on: March 26, 2020, 05:36:09 pm »

”Hey fellow Uploxed with a killer mystique I am trying to infiltrate the Postwick Mobs to help against the fight of the Legends against them, are you a neutral agent willing to help me out and I could help you out?” Karen directly speaks to Jäger and asks for his assistance.

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)
”Alright human I think?, or are you one of those weird bodysnatchers, I have some business with the Gaia to attend to a meeting there to help encourage the death of puny fleshlings, so I’ll give you my gold leaf to make it seem like your infiltrating the Mob and it will help me out by making their tower go online so that Uploxed can works in that area, so here’s a gift and I’m out.”

Jäger shall give Karen, the box of gold leaf, and than Shadozer himself to the Thetford Meeting so that he gets a share of the loot and killing of humans.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go drop off the boat somewhere along the river.  Communicate telepathically with Mitchel to inform him of his boat's location.  Ask if he'd be interested acting as a contact should I find information pertinant to the Mob, or, say, become willing to give up the gun to them.

Regardless of if he accepts or refuses, break contact afterwards, activate mission #1, and try to sneak my way towards that bingo hall.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Load three bullets into the rifle, then finish off the zebra and blow away the flamingo.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"PLEASE EXCUSE MY SPEAKER MISS MARIE, IT IS ON THE FRITZ AND STUCK AT MAX VOLUME FOR SOME REASON.
LETS START SMALL: WHO IS AMY, AND WHAT WAS THE TRADE YOU OFFERED TO MISS DULCAMARA?"

he would give them a moment to answer, pinging Staggerlee with an update on his current situation and the ongoing recording.
"ALSO, DO YOU KNOW WHERE WE MIGHT FIND SOME SASAFRAS OIL? WE ARE TRYING TO MAKE A TRADE, AND THAT IS WHAT WE NEED FOR OUR END OF THE BARGAIN."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 05:30:54 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hm...I seem to have turned from persuasive malcontent to super infiltrator. Perhaps this will help while we look for a clean source of food and water. Maybe it would help us find Viktor, too. We might be able to cure him, or at least reset his battle with the Hunger. Though I do worry that it could be just as bad, considering the twinges of Hunger I felt during the process." Theodore remarks to Timmy as he considers their next move.

Let Davis know about the Hunger resulting from the Warp Isolate process and maybe ask about an alternate method just to reduce the craving of the Hunger, considering I now have more Hunger than before the process and that seems counterintuitive for Davis' stated aims. Then, head out with Timmy in the bus to whichever of King's Lynn, Sudbury, or Dunwich is closest. Find a vantage point to scope the place out first with my eyes.

Spoiler: Theodore Ansen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:08:57 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 01, 2020, 12:40:20 am »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)
”Alright human I think?, or are you one of those weird bodysnatchers, I have some business with the Gaia to attend to a meeting there to help encourage the death of puny fleshlings, so I’ll give you my gold leaf to make it seem like your infiltrating the Mob and it will help me out by making their tower go online so that Uploxed can works in that area, so here’s a gift and I’m out.”

Jäger shall give Karen, the box of gold leaf, and than Shadozer himself to the Thetford Meeting so that he gets a share of the loot and killing of humans.

”Thank you robot who didn’t give me a name, good luck with what your doing in the wasteland and my farewells Glitterbox and Killzilla, hope that you have good luck on your future endeavors Glitterbox and your gig Killy. Now I have a meeting to set up with the mob, so goodbye for now.”

Karen will take the gold leaf from this mysterious Uploxed and than give her goodbyes to three Uploxed and tells them that they can hopefully meet them again for a chat in the future, then travels to the Postwick Mob tower to provide them with gold leaf. Thankful that she didn't have to knock or destroy the body of Glitterbox for the Mob and that they can still potentially be friends in the future.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 08, 2020, 07:53:39 am »

Thetford Forest

Jager hands off the gold lead and hopes it will do him some good. Free of that obligation, he transports over to Theford Forest. On the way he briefly sees through the shadows a series of shambling figures covered in metal. More recruits for the war against Bungay? No matter, he's in a hurry and steps on quickly to Thetford forest...

"I'm not so sure nuking is a good idea, while ionizing radiation does does harm humans, it harms everything with DNA as well, I agree with you, nuking a place isn't ecological.  Where did you two even go to find one of those?"
[Sandra rolled 6+4+1empathy+3eyes+1teacher=14]
Crab sighs as Sandra schools him in the dangers of ionizing radiation. "Oh very well," he huffs, "I'll leave it in Thetford. Kalmar was giving these out at the last Ocean Patrol meetup over in Svalbard a few months back."

"Thank you for helping him see reason," says the Moth. "I'm Molets and this is my brother Rak. Pleased to meet a fellow environmentalist."

The three of them travel into the centre of Thetford Forest.

A great convocation is beginning in a mustering ground beneath the tower. Sable and Natrix are there, as their robo-scorpion and robo-crane fly morphs. Araneus the spider-bot is tending to the blimp. Helen, the giant tentacled bot, has arrived from London, resting on a new unicycle wheel. She's brought a giant robo-ant and a tiny robo-ladybird with her. In the Eye's Nexus hub, it's clear their names are Marcus and Lola. Lola hovers to and fro like one of the Terraterror drones.

Then there are the mercenaries and part-time members. The assassinbot she met before, Jägermörder. There's a tiny teddy bear with a glock 19. Towering over both is a huge blocky giant-like robot with cannons for arms. After the convocation goes on a while longer, three shambling piles of scrap arrive and join the throng.

Once everything had settled down, Sable, the scorpion-bot, addresses the assembly outloud in her hissing voice that carries over all of the assembly.

"We are gathered today to rid the sector of the mutant recruiters. They have been gathering monsters for their war against us in London. Our primary aim is to drive them from their settlement. We hope to destroy as many mutants as possible, but even should they flee into the wilderness, they will be easier picking than they currently are.

"We will split into three squads. Squad A will be comprised of Eyes veterans. We will be seeking out and destroying key infrastructure so they have no home to return to. I will be leading Squad A.

"Squad B will be comprised of seasoned Eyes field agents, your job will be to fight your way into the HQ and steal their records. If we can grab the inside scoop on all their abilities and what they know about us, then we will be able to turn the tide of the battle. Sandra, with her millipede morph is our top local agent and so she will be leading that squad.

"Squad C will be comprised of everyone else, your job is simple: harry the mutants, scare them aware or kill them if you can and keep them out of the way of Squad A and B. We are impressed by Jägermörder's resume, and he will lead that squad.

"Squad A will breach the wall on the weak point where the river runs through it. Squad B will be dropped in by airship right into the centre. Squad C will be sent in first to breach their main gate with high explosives: that should draw their attention and allow the rest of us to work.

"Everyone, assemble into your squads now. Are there any questions?"

The group shuffle into squads and the mercenaries grunt their names.

Spoiler: Squad A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Squad B (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Squad C (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Laxfield Labyrinth
"Fair enough.
I suspect the gold room may be a trap. If you guys are interested in it, Balthazar, maybe you can scout ahead. I think we should go northeast, though; we'd be directly adjacent to the center."
[Darrin rolled 6+3+1empathy+1londoners=11]
[Darrin rolled 2+2-1body=3]
On reflection all the others decide that it's not worth checking out a possible trapped room when there's a route that would seem to lead closer to the tower. Balthazar takes point and steps along northeast he calls all clear and the rest begin to follow. Darrin walks a little too close to one of the balls and a light pops on.

"Get away!" shouts Gavel shouts as he bounces one of his eye hammers off of it.

Darrin instinctively tries to scramble away but he leaps into another ball and the light pops on. Then the first ball explodes.

"RUN!"

Everyone scatters to the exits as the balls roll and explode around them. Darrin manages to scramble out to the west as the chamber collapses behind him.

Dusting himself off he looks around. Chloe Fontaine and Big Ben are with Darrin. Balthazar clearly managed to escape but in the chaos, who knows what became of Gavel and Doc Stone.

They're standing in a dank crossroad, a low passage formed of metal gantries which clank as they walk. From here they can go north, southwest, or south. The east passage has collapsed with the explosions.

"What now?" says Chloe.

"He's near. Benny is near..." whispers Big Ben.

Spoiler: Map and Party (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27