Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 38224 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Thetford war-forest
« Reply #345 on: April 08, 2020, 08:54:50 am »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)

"Fuck. Alright guys, get ready."
Quickly try to cut out some clubs or spears from the gantries with my blowtorch thumb to give to Chloe and BB, and pull out the old rifle. Let's get ready for combat.

(Too bad critical fails no longer give tallies .-. )

EDIT: Change personal mission 1 to "Find the lost party members."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:34:33 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 08, 2020, 10:02:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Alright. Rak, Molets, and Araneus, I have been picked as the squad leader, though we all have varying experiences that will, combined, help the rest. So planning together will be important. When we get into the airship, we will likely be in combat soon after we drop down. We shall attempt record grabbing without injury, however, we must be ready for combat when it arises”
Get into the airship with Rak, Molets, and Araneus
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:18:14 am by Naturegirl1999 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

The Keep
"Indeed, I do. These guys are trained to help fight, among others. They can also be trained to detect and search for things, and as you saw, they are masters at causing mayhem when they want to (as for other uses, their untrained cousins are a good source of meat and eggs, pretty handy when you live on a place with as unreliable agriculture as Las Islas Galápagos).  Good thing too, because when dealing with Hybrid and Mutant warlords, the (fortunately limited in presence) uploxed, and of course the uselessness that is the Ecuadorian Nationalists, we needed all the aid we could get. I guess now we're in a situation that's just as (if not more) chaotic, only with a few different groups. Which is why we want to arrange an alliance with the Keep." Tell him any information he wants to know about the Tortles and where they are located, as well as any other details.
[Auze rolled 3+1+3empathy+1keep=8]
Auze talks into the night with Dell who becomes more and more enthusiastic about the idea of using the tortles in the fight against the robot scurge.

"You should teach us how we can catch and train them," Dell says. "With well trained tortle squads, we could turn the fight against the deadmen without risking our own skin so much."

Auze is confident that he has the keep on his side. He could try the Pirates or the Mob as well, or try to develop his working relationship with the Keep and train them in Tortling.

Part 1 - Alliance is complete. Auze gains +2 tallies.

Norwich
Go drop off the boat somewhere along the river.  Communicate telepathically with Mitchel to inform him of his boat's location.  Ask if he'd be interested acting as a contact should I find information pertinant to the Mob, or, say, become willing to give up the gun to them.

Regardless of if he accepts or refuses, break contact afterwards, activate mission #1, and try to sneak my way towards that bingo hall.
[Sandeep rolls 3+2+2weird=7]
Sandeep tries to use his psychic tracking to send a coherent message to Mitchel. He sends a message but receives nothing back. He senses Mitchell moving in the direction that he had said the boat would be, so perhaps the message got through but was unable to be returned?

Sandeep drops off the boat near the edge of Norwich and begins to trudge over to the old bingo hall. In the swampy ground where the houses sink into the river, the old hall sits on a lopsided street. Four dead terraterror drones lie littered around. The building is still boarded up, but the door is open. From inside, Sandeep can smell cooking. He steps inside.

In front of a hot fire he sees his wife. She's deep in conversation with someone Sandeep cannot see or hear.

"What I wouldn't give for some proper curry leaves!... oh I've found some bay... Yes! there's some flavour at least... Oh no, but maybe I should."

Only Borrowed complete. Sandeep gains +1 tally.

Castle Rising
Load three bullets into the rifle, then finish off the zebra and blow away the flamingo.
[Burt rolled 3+1+2body+1veteran+1gun=8]
It takes five bullets more, but eventually Burt manages to dispatch the remaining cyberbeasts. There's bodies auto-explode shortly after.

Eventually Rovin works out where they are when they find a main road and they get back on track. They arrive at the top of a hill, the view showing lowlands leading to the sea to the north. On another high hill they see Castle Rising, a squat stone keep on a vast artificial mound. On the main road passing in the valley to the sprawling ruins of the town of Kings Lynn, they see a bus speed along the road from the east. It begins to slow as it nears the castle. Inside the castle a light turns on as the sun sinks low in the sky.

Let Davis know about the Hunger resulting from the Warp Isolate process and maybe ask about an alternate method just to reduce the craving of the Hunger, considering I now have more Hunger than before the process and that seems counterintuitive for Davis' stated aims. Then, head out with Timmy in the bus to whichever of King's Lynn, Sudbury, or Dunwich is closest. Find a vantage point to scope the place out first with my eyes.
Davis is surprised to hear that Theodore has felt greater pangs of the Hunger since the process. "Most unusual. This bears further research. Still, you're not a slathering monster, so it can't be that bad." He has no other technology available to help so Timmy and Theodore leave with the smart phone device. Asking directions, they learn that King's Lynn is the closest town. They drive off to the west. The main road is overgrown, but a path through the weeds and tiny trees has been trampled, presumably by the uploxed.

A mile or so before reaching King's Lynn, they see a huge castle on a hill. By now, the sun is low in the sky.

"I wonder if anyone's still living there?" Timmy wonders. As he does, a light flashes on in an upper window of the castle.

Watton -> Hot Air Balloon Incident
Karen will take the gold leaf from this mysterious Uploxed and than give her goodbyes to three Uploxed and tells them that they can hopefully meet them again for a chat in the future, then travels to the Postwick Mob tower to provide them with gold leaf. Thankful that she didn't have to knock or destroy the body of Glitterbox for the Mob and that they can still potentially be friends in the future.
Karen bids her farewells and begins the long walk east towards Postwick. It rains on her most of the way as dark clouds fill the sky. Halfway along, she sees a huge basket and a balloon caught in a tree. On the ground below the tree is half of a cybergorilla with armoured spikes and wires spilling out of its black matted fur. Having fallen out of the basket with the gorilla is a large drum of green bubbling slime. The gorilla is part submerged in the slime and it appears to have dissolved much of its morph. At a glance, the hot air balloon could be recoverable, however the slime spill is spread out all along the bottom of the tree.

Under a Bridge
"PLEASE EXCUSE MY SPEAKER MISS MARIE, IT IS ON THE FRITZ AND STUCK AT MAX VOLUME FOR SOME REASON.
LETS START SMALL: WHO IS AMY, AND WHAT WAS THE TRADE YOU OFFERED TO MISS DULCAMARA?"

he would give them a moment to answer, pinging Staggerlee with an update on his current situation and the ongoing recording.
"ALSO, DO YOU KNOW WHERE WE MIGHT FIND SOME SASAFRAS OIL? WE ARE TRYING TO MAKE A TRADE, AND THAT IS WHAT WE NEED FOR OUR END OF THE BARGAIN."
[P4 rolled 4+1+0connexion=5]
[P4 rolled 6+3+0empathy-1mob=8]
P4 tries to send the recording to Staggerle but whether it's just being under this heavy bridge or whether his signal equipment is damaged, he's unable to make the Nexus connection. He'll have to there in person.

Marie talks quickly but as she does, she begins to calm down. This crazed cyberbeast in front of her seems to want information rather than murder and she is okay with that. "Amy is just someone that has to die. Human business, you wouldn't understand. Dulcamara is helping me out with this in exchange for a load of food. If you're looking for sassafras oil-- I'll tell you but then you have to get the out of my truck. Deal?"

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #348 on: April 08, 2020, 11:12:00 am »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)

”Now listen here fellow fledgling mercenaries, I will be your squad leader for the mercenary operation and you will follow under my command, no questioning or going AWOL under my leadership if you wish to gain in your Kudos or the spoils of war from this mission. We will utilize the fact we have instantaneous communications with our Connexion to the Nexus, to format our plans and to make sure we get no surprises. I will take my command as sniper support and spit out direction to you through the Nexus if possible, while the rest of you lot will do arson and general mayhem and destruction while being provide my tactical support. Now let’s earn our paycheck Mercs!

Jäger will inspire intimidatingly the men like a drill sergeant to accept his tactics and strategy without hesitation for the mercenaries under his command, and will most of them to be passive with their actions and intent while drilling them somewhat on basic tactics and team cohesion when we perform the mission, while Squad C heads too on their designated airship
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:14:51 am by Shadowclaw777 »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 08, 2020, 11:13:43 am »

While seeking aid with other human factions is tempting, it's probably best not to do so right now. Maybe if we can get the idea of a pan-human alliance to push out the deadmen...

Go contact the rest of my family (personally or through radio) and get a new quest from them. Add new quest(s): "Help train tortle attack squads", and "Renovate and improve our base". Change from "aspiring Tortle Trainer" to "Tortle Trainer", if I didn't already. Then begin setting up a program for tortling.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tortles (click to show/hide)
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 08, 2020, 03:24:21 pm »

"I WAS HUMAN BEFORE, SO TRY ME. DID THEY PISS OFF THE MOB BY KILLING SOMEONE IMPORTANT? STEAL SOMETHING? OR ARE THEY JUST A REAL ASS?"
Try to ask for more information on Amy. I'm sure those other folk will want to know about it. Regardless, agree to the terms and exit the vehicle after the information on Sassafras oil is recieved.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I suppose we could knock and check. It would leave us open to any nasty surprises if the occupant was not welcoming to visitors. Or I could try to scale it, maybe peek in the window. I ought to be able to camouflage myself against the wall until the sun goes down, and if I shift the front of my body into the color of the night sky, I might be able to stay unnoticed when I look in. But that would likely stress any goodwill the occupant may have had if I'm seen. Or perhaps you could knock and I could hide in ambush incase the occupant is hostile. I don't know about leaving the bus unattended though. Or we can ignore it and try to stop by on the way back. It might be nice to have a safer place to stay overnight, though, and it would be a good vantage point to check out King's Lynn from. What do you think, Timmy?" Theodore asks his companion.

Scan as much as I can of the area around us with my Hypervision in the fading light, mainly to find any possible threats to them or the bus that might be nearby. If I dont find any, study the wall I'll have to climb for handholds and footholds.

Spoiler: Theodore Ansen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 05:29:10 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 08, 2020, 07:28:16 pm »

Greet Harjinder

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:14:51 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 09, 2020, 08:57:58 am »

"Hey Rovin lets park here and see what the people in the castle do to the bus that just showed up."
Park the RV and watch what happens to the bus that just pulled up to it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #354 on: April 10, 2020, 09:39:40 am »

”I am not well acquainted in handiwork to repair the hot air balloon or the ability to salvage parts in the wasteland but maybe the half-cybergorilla corpse will be able to be transferred into raw materiel when I head into the Postwick Mob.

Miss Kablukov will try to forcefully rip out and take out the important parts of the cybergorilla, such as its armored spikes and vital wiring bits, being careful to not touch the slime, and than make her way to the Postwick Mob tower. Also take note of this as is this could be important news for the Legends.

Spoiler: Karen Kablukov (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 11, 2020, 11:14:31 pm »

((Sorry I'm late!))

Ben hesitates, but only for the briefest moment - then he rams the gun butt to his shoulder and squints along the sights, bracing his feet as best he can in the moving vehicle...

Quickly, take aim and shoot one of their front tyres!

Spoiler: Ben Lash (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2020, 10:40:15 am »

Thetford -> Bungay
”Now listen here fellow fledgling mercenaries, I will be your squad leader for the mercenary operation and you will follow under my command, no questioning or going AWOL under my leadership if you wish to gain in your Kudos or the spoils of war from this mission. We will utilize the fact we have instantaneous communications with our Connexion to the Nexus, to format our plans and to make sure we get no surprises. I will take my command as sniper support and spit out direction to you through the Nexus if possible, while the rest of you lot will do arson and general mayhem and destruction while being provide my tactical support. Now let’s earn our paycheck Mercs!

Jäger will inspire intimidatingly the men like a drill sergeant to accept his tactics and strategy without hesitation for the mercenaries under his command, and will most of them to be passive with their actions and intent while drilling them somewhat on basic tactics and team cohesion when we perform the mission, while Squad C heads too on their designated airship
“Alright. Rak, Molets, and Araneus, I have been picked as the squad leader, though we all have varying experiences that will, combined, help the rest. So planning together will be important. When we get into the airship, we will likely be in combat soon after we drop down. We shall attempt record grabbing without injury, however, we must be ready for combat when it arises”
Get into the airship with Rak, Molets, and Araneus
[Sandra rolled 4+1+1empathy+3eyes+1teacher=10]
[Jager rolled 6+4+3empathy+1warlord=14]
Sandra and Jager both shape their respective units into order. Sandra's morphs, all from the Eyes, respect her good work and will follow her lead in the battle to come. Jager's odds and sods are impressed by the toughness of their leader and will be loyal and listen to him in the battle to follow.

They get into their airships and the war flotilla heads east. The overgrown countryside rolls out underneath them: endless new woods interlaced with the remains of roads and the few streams and rivers.

After dropping off out of sight of the wall, Jager's Squad C approaches the main gates of Bungay. The scrap piles are carrying the heavy explosives. A huge metal door is set into a vast obsidian wall that encircles the town: the west gate. They are still within the thick woods, out of sight. Over Nexus, Sable says "We're going to breach the well near the east gate. You need to act first to draw their attention. Let us know when it's safe to fly in Squad B.

"What we twying to do here, boss?" asks Wufus the Bear, cocking his pistol.

A few miles away, Sandra's Squad B waits in their airship for the signal.

Labyrinth
"Fuck. Alright guys, get ready."
Quickly try to cut out some clubs or spears from the gantries with my blowtorch thumb to give to Chloe and BB, and pull out the old rifle. Let's get ready for combat.
[Darrin rolled 5+3+3weird+1engineer=12]
Darrin quickly removes two long, sturdy, metal rails and passes them to Chloe Fontaine and Big Ben. He burns the metal to sharp points. These will do.

A shape lumbers out of the darkness to the north. A huge man, or what was once a man. He has a great mass of tentacles, several holding weapons: a hockey stick, a butcher knife, a sledgehammer, and several holding bottles of vodka. His face is red. His three eyes are bloodshot. A long beard flows from the warped ruin of his face, coated in dried blood and vomit.

"HELLESBLUT! MORE HEARTY HEARTS FOR THE LAST MAN IN THE WORLD? WHAT STRANGE SECRETS LIES IN YOUR BEATING CHESTS?" he bellows before charging forth. Chloe and Ben start backing away, spears levelled against the wild mutant, their backs to the southern exit.

Forest Chase Sequence
Quickly, take aim and shoot one of their front tyres!
[Ben rolled 6+6+2body+1gun=15]
Ben takes aim and shoots the single shot on the front tyre of the truck. The tyre blowing is like a second shot going off. The passenger's gun misfires through the windscreen, and the pirate on the roof swings in with his knife. The affray is brief but savage. The men in the cab don't bleed when stabbed, but they do power down when their necks are severed.

They open up the trailer and its filled with weird electronics. The pirates start divvying up the loot. For his decisive and bold action, Ben is given one of the motorbikes. It has enough fuel in the tank for about another 100 miles. He's also given one of the unusual electronic objects. It's the size and rough shape of a human brain, with a length of cabling for recharging that hangs down where the spine would be. It appears to be made from metal or silicone with everything coated in a waterproof membrane.

Church Ambush is complete. Ben gains +3 tallies. Ben gains +1 Pirates rep. Ben gains a motorbike and an artificial brain.

Postwick
Miss Kablukov will try to forcefully rip out and take out the important parts of the cybergorilla, such as its armored spikes and vital wiring bits, being careful to not touch the slime, and than make her way to the Postwick Mob tower. Also take note of this as is this could be important news for the Legends.
[Karen rolled 5+3+4body=12]
Karen deftly tears out the remain's of the cybergorilla's signalling system and his spiked mantle. The owner might be pleased to have this returned. She managed to avoid the slime without problem and carried on her way.

After a long walk (she doesn't need to sleep, so happily walks through the night), Karen arrives on the other side of Norwich, beneath the Postwick Tower.

The mob have inhabited a number of buildings beneath the tower, and have erected a crude razorwire fence about the compound. Guards are posted on the gate, each wearing a sharp padded suit.

"Stop!" one of the calls over to Karen as she arrives. When it's clear that she has a gift, she's allowed through. Inside, there's a low hall with a long table cluttered with maps and papers. Women and men are cluttered around, smoking and planning. Sitting on a high-backed throne at the far end of the table is a woman who must be the boss, Irma Rama.

Irma is tall, olive skinned with gold undertones. She has dark, piercing eyes accentuated by fierce eyebrows, and dark hair in a tight ponytail. The box of gold leaf is taken from Karen and a small team set to work applying it to the throne.

"Your thoughtful gift is noted," Irma says. "You must be very resourceful to have found it..."

Karen gains an uplox signalling system and a spiked mantle.

Ecstasy of Gold is complete. Karen's 'Human Survivor' gains +1 mob rep. Karen gains +2 tallies.
Infiltrate the Postwick Mob - Part 1 is complete. Karen gains +1 tally.

Karen could begin:
Infiltrate the Mob - Part 2 - Trusted Associate
Get +2 rep in the Mob (see mob quests).
+2 tallies

Bingo Hall, Norwich
Greet Harjinder
[Sandeep rolled 4+4+1empathy+1married=10]
Sandeep tries to say hello to his wife. She hears him but there's something amiss, her eyes well up in sorrow.

"Not you as well, my dear?" she says. "I had hoped that you might still be alive out there... but it seems you have died like your friends here," she waves at the empty hall. "Can... can I do anything to help you move on?"

But when Sandeep goes forward and takes her hand, she's shocked. "You're alive!"

They get to talking and Sandeep tells his wife about everything he's been up to in these chaotic months. She explains how she had travelled with the mutants from Walt Labs before being separated from them after one of them flipped out and ate one of the others on a trade mission to Norwich. She managed to get away and has been living in the town ever since. She says she sees spirits who talk to her. They've helped her out, finding food and water, and in exchange she does little things for her.

"It sounds like you've made a lot of enemies here," she says. "I'd say, let's run away-- but these uploxed can find you anywhere. If you ever want to be safe, you'll need to destroy the towers. There must be others who want to do this... why don't you make your peace with some of the other humans?"

Consult Hardeep is complete. Sandeep gains +1 tally.

Castle Rising
"Hey Rovin lets park here and see what the people in the castle do to the bus that just showed up."
Park the RV and watch what happens to the bus that just pulled up to it.
"I suppose we could knock and check. It would leave us open to any nasty surprises if the occupant was not welcoming to visitors. Or I could try to scale it, maybe peek in the window. I ought to be able to camouflage myself against the wall until the sun goes down, and if I shift the front of my body into the color of the night sky, I might be able to stay unnoticed when I look in. But that would likely stress any goodwill the occupant may have had if I'm seen. Or perhaps you could knock and I could hide in ambush incase the occupant is hostile. I don't know about leaving the bus unattended though. Or we can ignore it and try to stop by on the way back. It might be nice to have a safer place to stay overnight, though, and it would be a good vantage point to check out King's Lynn from. What do you think, Timmy?" Theodore asks his companion.

Scan as much as I can of the area around us with my Hypervision in the fading light, mainly to find any possible threats to them or the bus that might be nearby. If I dont find any, study the wall I'll have to climb for handholds and footholds.
[Theodore rolled 3+2+3weird=8]
"If they're using lights and living in a big castle, they're probably not the killer robots," Timmy muses. "How about I knock on the door and see if anyone's home. I'm pretty sure I'm impervious?"

Theodore peers at the walls and sees that glass has been glued to the window-sills, perhaps to deter climbing burglars. Otherwise, he doesn't see anything particularly untoward about the building. There are cracks and lumps in the stonework that would allow him to climb.

He moves the bus through the arch of the outer walls of the castle and waits by the big doors of the keep in case he needs to ambush. Timmy knocks on the door. A slot is shoved to the side and someone peers out from the darkness within.

"What business have ye with the Duke at-- at-- at this time?"

"We are travellers hoping for a place to stay the night in these dangerous wilds," says Timmy.

"Aye, I detect two human heartbeats in the near vicinity. Come in and be the guests of the Duke. Know that he permits no violence in his property."

"We will show no violence here," says Timmy. He ushers his friend Theodore to step around and the two are ushered into the castle.

From up on the hill, Burt and Rovin see the pair disappear into the keep.

Inside the castle it is cold and draughty. Timmy and Theodore are met in the corridor by a wizened figure in a heavy cloak, his features hard to make out. They are led up a narrow spiral stone staircase to a small chamber overlooking a damp courtyard. Most of the castle is in disrepair but a small part of it has been maintained for human habitation. Here a drawing room has been made up with fine furniture, heavy tapestries across the windows, and a roaring fire. In a thick armchair a very old man sits. He's wearing a red velvet nightgown, a fez, and he's smoking a pipe. In the light of the fire, Theodore and Timmy can clearly see that the butler who brought them up is a robot.

"Ah, fine gentlemen" says the old man, "please, please, take a seat. I am the Duke of Earl. And who do I have the pleasure of speaking with?"

Spoiler: Castle Rising (click to show/hide)

Under a Bridge, somewhere near Spooner Row
"I WAS HUMAN BEFORE, SO TRY ME. DID THEY PISS OFF THE MOB BY KILLING SOMEONE IMPORTANT? STEAL SOMETHING? OR ARE THEY JUST A REAL ASS?"
Try to ask for more information on Amy. I'm sure those other folk will want to know about it. Regardless, agree to the terms and exit the vehicle after the information on Sassafras oil is recieved.
Marie seems to sense an opportunity here. "Amy is really foul, like a cruel piece of work. Any day now she's going to flip and kill me, so I've got to get there first. Hey, now... you deadmen like killing humans right? If you want a real challenge, there's a bunch of them holed up in the old tank museum, maybe 6 miles southeast from here. It should be within your signal zone."

As soon as P4 is out of the vehicle she revs it up and drives off at speed, leaving the cyberbeast to contemplate his next move as the rain beats down on the bridge above. He now has the information he needs regarding the oil, he just has to return to Staggerlee in one piece.

P4's map has been updated.

The Keep
Go contact the rest of my family (personally or through radio) and get a new quest from them. Add new quest(s): "Help train tortle attack squads", and "Renovate and improve our base". Change from "aspiring Tortle Trainer" to "Tortle Trainer", if I didn't already. Then begin setting up a program for tortling.
Auze checks in and see what his family is up to. His brother Josh says that there are rumours flying around that there's a maze filled with treasure a day's walk of the city. He wants to check it out, but doesn't want to go alone.
New Family Quest:
Dungeoncrawling
Josh has heard rumours and wants to find treasure in a maze to the south. It seems implausible, but Auze could go with him to check it out.
Start Location: the Keep
Reward: +3 random treasure, +2 tallies

Auze is now a Tortle Trainer (I haven't made you pay tallies to upgrade the profession tag as it's essentially the same thing).

New Personal Quests:
Renovate and improve our base
The base in the Broads is barely more advanced than an airplane crash site. The following improvements could be made:
- River access (a canal could be dug to give fresh water access to the river)
- Razorwire fencing (location: factory in Lowestoft)
- Signal tower for Layla's radio. (take antenna from one of the towers at Postwick, Fakenham, Thetford, Buried Saint, Laxfield or Ipswich)
- Weapon workshop (take tools from Steele's Smithery (Norwich), Metal Designs (near Buried Saint), Empire Forge (near Laxfield).)
Reward: +1 tally for each improvement made.

Help train tortle attack squads - Part 1 - Mass Tortle Capture, Part A: the Bait Beans
In order to help train tortles for the Keep, Auze needs more Tortles. In order to get more Tortles, he'll need bait. And the bait that Tortles find irresistible? Freshly brewed coffee! The smell will draw them with their fine noses for miles around. Unfortunately, no one in the Keep has any coffee beans left and it doesn't grow natively. But there are a couple of options for finding some.
Possible locations: Bungay (the Londoner's come from afar, so they might have some), Ipswich (they grow their own food there, so perhaps coffee too?), Scole (there's a Pirate Market starting soon, perhaps someone could be trading an old bag?)
Report location: The Broads

[Auze rolled 6+6+1wits+1tortletrainer=14]

While Auze is pondering the problem of how to attract more Tortles, he draws up a training program for the Tortles. In clear, concise language and useful diagrams he ends up writing down everything he knows about good Tortle management. When the time comes, his allies will be in a good position to make use of the Tortles if he shares with them the manual.

Auze gains a Tortling Manual.

Spoiler: Updated Map! (click to show/hide)

The Quest Log Has Been Updated!

New Keep Quest.

Human
Spoiler: The Keep (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Land Pirates (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Postwick Mob (click to show/hide)

Uploxed
Spoiler: Great Marmite League (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Legends (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TERRATERROR (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eyes of Gaia (click to show/hide)

Mutant
Spoiler: Walt Labs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Londoners (click to show/hide)

Neozombie

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2020, 10:46:33 am »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)

Sonic boom. "BACK OFF!"
Shoot him with the old rifle; if he gets too close, spray the Spray-On Flesh in his eyes. Shoot keratin spikes at him, prioritizing his face and the tentacles that hold legitimate weapons.
I will not die today. I will not let my companions die today.
Every hit counts; don't get hit yourself. This is how skirmishers fight.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Battles Begin!
« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2020, 11:48:45 am »

"If by peace you mean I don't go out and fight them than I've already done that.  I didn't want to work for them, but wouldn't fight anyone.  Then I found this gun, and now they'll fight me even when I'm trying to avoid a fight as much as I can.

Admittedly it isn't a normal gun.  The only reason we're alive right now, at least how I see it, is because those up there, the ones in the satellites, don't care.  If they do care things would be over in a few weeks.. they'd gas the world, or bring forward some other kind of horrible weapon, and wipe us all out quickly and effectively, rather than just for fun.

With this gun, it hurts them.  Hurts the actual uploxed.  That would change things.  If I give it to a faction, any faction, they'll want to mass-produce it, arm everyone, and that might well lead to humans being easily able to wipe out the uploxed down here..  and it would make those up there, the ones in the satellites, care.  And then everyone dies.  Right now, with it just being one weapon, on one person, well, that isn't that big a deal, it just adds a little spice to the hunt.

And each and every faction down here wants it.  I can't have any peace with them unless they accept that, and, quite rightfully, they don't want anyone to have this who isn't willing to use it as a proper weapon, because they think differently than I do on the manner.

What I'd like is your advice on this new thing.  I think it might actually lead to a way out of this, not simply improving life for a time until someone puts up a new tower or does a new thing."

Get Harjinder's input on the new discovery I've made with that laptop, and see if she has any suggestions on how that might be used to change things, and if she thinks there will be any downsides or other issues, such as it might free up all the bodiless minds up there, or anger them or such.  Or kill them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:59:30 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Battles Begin!
« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2020, 01:20:59 pm »

Wait for the signal
“When Squad C sends the signal, we will go in, while there, we will look for ecords to take them, killing any mutants in our way. Would anyone like to add to this?”
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:10:30 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27