Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 39198 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Surveying the Scene
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2019, 07:26:16 am »

"I don't know it doesn't sound worth it, I think you might be better off finding someone else to go into your maze."
Search the area around the forge and see if there are any buses, RVs, or large trucks around, if there are see it it still runs.
Searching the area for running or easily fixed bus, RV, or large truck will be my new personal quest.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2019, 04:18:21 pm »

So you are aware, I have lost interest in this game.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2019, 05:19:15 pm »

So you are aware, I have lost interest in this game.
Did you have fun while playing it?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2019, 06:38:35 pm »

Ah shame, but thanks for letting me know.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2019, 06:48:34 am »

I'm enjoying it a lot, even if it must be a real pain to deal with me.  Thanks.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2019, 11:03:44 am »

The Broads - Riverside
"Don't worry, brother. Me and the tortles will help kill this harpy. I mean, once they grab a hold of the bird this will be a piece of cake. Lets go."
Help Josh find and fight the harpy.
[Auze rolled 3+5+2wits=10]
[Auze rolled 5+5+2empathy+1tortlinggun=13]
Auze, Josh and the three tortles quietly approach the boat house. The water laps into the building, and inside there is a blue motorboat. Tinkering with the engine, clanging loudly, is a girl with moth-like wings. Josh's sword is resting on the deck of the boat. Auze and company sneak into the house, and Auze gives the signal to the tortles to attack! One of the tortles leaps on her back and rips off a wing. Immediately, two more wings burst out in its place. Josh jumps up onto the deck and grabs his sword. Without delay he slashes at the mutant's head, knocking it from its shoulders. The body slumps back into the water.

"That was more straightforward that expected," he says. "I hate to think what might have happened if she'd seen us coming."

Sitting in the boat, Josh takes a few hours to apply the whip attachment to Auze's tortleing gun.

- O Brother! has been completed. Auze gains 2 tallies, and a whip.

Spoiler: New Family Quest (click to show/hide)

(The rest in a bit)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2019, 06:37:55 pm »

Seems like it would be best to go to the Keep to establish contact with them.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tortles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 06:40:48 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2019, 07:51:12 am »

Dereham
“Right, where would I go to find a trap?”
In Nexus Sandra receives various plans for hinged spike traps, dart throwers, flame jets and the like, and the materials she would need to assemble such a thing. The scrap could probably be salvaged from the houses nearby.

Ask Persephone, what I would need to trade-in to get some gold leaf, and then ask if she’s a bodysnatcher
[Jager rolled 5+6+2empathy+0terra=13]
"You're by an old catering unit," Persephone says. She hooks into Jager's vidfeed and an augmented reality avatar pops up in his field of vision and gestures at the blocky building in front of them. "There might be gold leaf sheets for catering in there."

Jager asks if she's a bodysnatcher, and she says, "I have a bodysnatcher yep! Re-integrating the memories afterwards is a real psychup."

Bungay
Let’s just eat, rest, and recover for a bit.
[Darrin rolled 4+6-1body+1canteen=10]
Darrin takes a day off, relaxing in the canteen. There are guest beds for passersby. The food is simple but filling. By the next morning he's feeling a lot better. He sleeps with a closed fist habitually these days and when he uncurls it in the morning his blowtorch finger is burning brightly once more. The world beckons... whatever next?

Darrin loses all conditions.

"Always nice to meet someone who enjoyed at least some of my work, especially in a world like this. What was your favorite part? As for Viktor, I believe alcohol would be the best bet. Timmy and I traveled with him before the Hunger got him and I rarely saw him without a bottle. I also have a bottle of vodka that he gifted me. He seemed to really like the stuff. I could give it to you if you put in a good word with the mechanic I heard was around here. I have a request to make of them when I get the chance."

Give information on Viktor. Get dossier on the Hunger. Possibly give bottle of vodka in exchange for help from mechanic in making my base mobile. Amd since I'm guessing vodka for base might be a bit of an upsell, use my Silver Tongue to make it more appealing if necessary.
[Theodore rolled 6+6+2weird=14]
Theodore learns that Balthazar's favourite part was the detailed inter-factional scheming between the Cyberlords. "I enjoy any story with a good lot of backstabbing and betrayal," he says. With a silver tongue, he hands over the vodka and hopes for a good word given to the mechanic. After a short while waiting for documents to be copied and collated, Theodore is given a stack of papers.

Timmy and Theodore spend the night pouring over the research. There are competing theories about the mutations and the Hunger. But the main belief is that somehow the scientists at Walt Labs discovered a way to entangle a person with quantum linked versions of themselves from significantly less likely versions of reality. How or why these versions could manifest the various powers was unclear as yet. The Hunger itself is seen as a sort of bug in this process, immense amount of energy must be needed for the powers, energy that must come from somewhere-- the Hunger is thought to be where the human body begins to feel the physical need for this energy, a need they can't assuage. Why this drives them to want to eat hearts is also yet unknown.

As for a cure, while only the advanced scientists at the head of Walt Labs would truly know how to fix it for good, Srihacha the mechanic has been working on something that appears to dull the symptoms of the mutation and curb the hunger. In the morning Timmy and Theodore meet the tall mechanic in his garage where he's standing in front of a garage.

"I've been working solid on the results I just got from my recent experiments," he says, "This bus now works on pure Warp energy. Only a mutant can drive it, and while they're hooked up and for a while afterwards, they shouldn't get any of the terrible symptoms. Balth told me you were a powerful mutant looking for some wheels. I had a... a proposition you might say. I'll let you drive the bus around, and it will send readings back to me here in Bungay. This'll really help the eggheads here, and you a bus out of it. What do you say?"

"Hell, if you don't take him up on this, I might!" says Timmy.

Find a cure to the Hunger is completed. Theodore gains +1 tally.

The Keep
Seems like it would be best to go to the Keep to establish contact with them.
The next day Auze sets off for the big city walking along the overgrown train track. The first sight he gets of the towers of the ancient citadel is when the railway opens up into a wide rail yard leading down to a swollen river. On the other side of the river the city spreads out, crumbling ivy-covered offices, flooded townhouses, and the odd medieval church or timbered building revolting against the ages.

In a narrow stretch of the river, planks have been laid across half-submerged cars stuck on a flooded bridge beneath the murky frothing water. A path leads through thick brambles battered down, and then along some tight streets surrounded by ruins. Auze walks along the most trodden path where the overgrowth has been beaten back until he sees upon the top of a hill, surrounded by a wall of trashed cars, the keep of an old castle. Men and women patrol the walls, armed with guns and crossbows.

Auze approaches and hails them. They run a metal detector along his body but find nothing more untoward than his gun and so let him confident he's no bodysnatcher. He's greeted by a woman in her late twenties with pink hair, dressed in battered kangaroo onesie.

"Hi! Pleased ta meet ya!" She speaks with a Canadian accent, and stretches out her hand to Auze. "The name's Carol, eh. Those your pets?"

She indicates to the three tortles who stand behind Auze and look at the stranger with suspicion.

Near Spooner Row
Approach cautiously, but do not attack. If they notice me, ask “What are you doing?” unless they attack.
[P4 rolled 3+2+0empathy-1keep+1handkerchief=5]
P4 pads up towards the group on the other hill. Two men and two women, wearing padded denim jackets, armed with crossbows and clubs, eventually see him coming.

"Aw he looks kinda cute with that scarf," says one of them.

"It's a ruse, let's just put it down before it alerts the mob," says another.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" barks a voice from P4's speakers, harsher than he'd intended.

This spooks them, and one of them lets loose a crossbow bolt straight at P4. It thuds into his leg, giving him an uneven gait.

P4 gains condition: arrow to the knee.

(Please post your sheet when you do an action, it really speeds things up for me.)

Empire Forge
"I don't know it doesn't sound worth it, I think you might be better off finding someone else to go into your maze."
Search the area around the forge and see if there are any buses, RVs, or large trucks around, if there are see it it still runs.
Searching the area for running or easily fixed bus, RV, or large truck will be my new personal quest.

New personal quest for Burt:

Getting Wheels
The whole countryside is littered with dead vehicles but Burt's sure there must be a decent vehicle still around here that could be made to work.
Reward: +1 tally, +1 vehicle

[Burt rolled 2+6+2wits-1tired=9]
Burt takes a good look around the area about the forge. The drone buzzes alongside him, filming his progress. He's dog tired by this time, and so the search is harder than it should be but in a garage by another remote farmyard, Burt eventually finds a motorhome. It's unlocked, the keys in the glovebox. Inside there's a tiny kitchenette, a shower unit (water all evaporated), some cupboards with a bit of mould in them and a fold out bed without sheets. It's almost perfect.

The motorhome runs off a solar array on the roof, but the battery is dead: it needs a good jolt to kick start it so it can leave the garage. A much bigger man than Burt could perhaps push the truck outside. It's night so it'll be a while before the sun can recharge the array either way. The drone is still filming him.

Norwich Riverside
Check out the canal barge and see if it's capable of movement and occupied.  If it's empty and capable of moving, yoink it and sail downriver.
[Sandeep rolled 6+5+3body=14]
[Sandeep rolled 4+5+2wits=11]
Sandeep's first challenge is to get across the swift-moving river. Holding his belongings in a bundle above him he slips into the water and swims powerfully across on his back. He sneaks up the bank on the other side and clambers over the rail onto the boat. It's a narrowboat with a solar array along the roof and two little windmills on either side. Inside, there's a sparren living quarters, a tiny kettle which has just boiled and an empty pot of tea filled with leaves which probably aren't tea. Finding the place empty, Sandeep unfurls the rope and sets the boat off down stream. On the bank, a man wearing a nice suit walks out of the reeds, adjusting his belt. Seeing his boat stolen he shouts after Sandeep but the boat is well underway downstream!

Acquire Boat has been completed. Sandeep gains +1 tally.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look for parts for traps from the houses, if parts are found, head to the labyrinth to attempt trap construction
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:14:37 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)
Alright, let’s ask about that Laxfield Mystery and how we can help.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh dang this thing's way nicer that what I thought I was going to find, but I need a plan as how to get it running again."
First see if there are any holes in the roof of the barn, then look at the drive way to see if it has a slant to in, and check the condition of the tires, then after all that lock the barn and lock myself in the RV and rest for a bit and if I need to sleep do so.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

”OWOWOWOWOW MYLEGITHURTSSOMUCH”
Promptly fall over on my non-injured side to try and get weight off the side with the crossbow bolt sticking out of it. pray the strangers have mercy that isn’t putting me out of my misery.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2019, 04:55:17 pm »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)

”Your testing my patience, I need some gold leaf enough for a chair, and this is the only location known to me to get some, I have other important matters too attend to to.”

Go inside the catering building, requesting that I get some gold leaf immediately and don’t have much time to chatter and will spare a kudos for it, intimidate as required
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:14:00 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spend five tallies to raise Empathy to +1.  Stop the boat, and let the owner get on board.  Be ready to hold off the owner physically if attacked, and try to explain what I need the boat for.

I may need a boat, but I don't see why I shouldn't try to gain one peacefully.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:41:13 pm by Devastator »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Theodore chuckles. "Well, I don't think I'll find a better offer than that. You've got yourself a deal." Theodore offers out a hand for Sriracha to shake.

Accept bus. Use 5 tallies for +1 to weird. Develop new quest to figure out ways to evolve or enhance mutations.

Spoiler: Theodore Ansen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:25:32 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27