Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 37819 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Victory or Death?
« Reply #375 on: April 27, 2020, 02:16:42 pm »

that left one thing for P4 to do: Report back to StaggerLee with the information, as well as a recounting of the events. I'm sure he'll see the value of allying with the Keep over the mob. Leave out the part where he got shot in the knee though. He doesn't need to hear that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 11:39:53 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 27, 2020, 05:49:16 pm »

(Via Nexus) “Make for the stairs, maybe the records are there”
I and the squad run upstairs to look for the records
((Are the big ovals groups?))
((Thanks, will edit action))
((Action edited))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:53:36 am by Naturegirl1999 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 27, 2020, 05:50:40 pm »

((Are the big ovals groups?))
They are the obsidian pillars holding up the building.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You are correct, Duke. We seek shelter for the night. We wish to survey King's Lynn for a stable source of fresh water and food, since the old maps I found indicated there was a spring nearby. If you would be willing to provide any information about that, it would be greatly appreciated. But I am not one to take hospitality for granted. If there is anything you would like us to help you with in return, please let me know." Theodore replies to the Duke before turning to Burt.

"Aha! I remember you. What a coincidence to see you again. Small apocalypse, isn't it?" He jovially remarks to Burt.

Just talking.

Spoiler: Theodore Ansen (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #379 on: April 27, 2020, 07:05:52 pm »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)

”Keep pushing every bot we need to get into position before we can delve deeper into enemy territory. Scrapbots two of you go and help Megastonks, while the third gets inside that bunk building. Megastonks and Wufus keep doing what you are doing. I have the most important job to do., so you’ll have to wait before I can bark orders so that I can setup my position.

Allow Wufus and Megastonks to keep doing what they are doing, tell the scrapbots to flank into the bunk house to eliminate those mutants and help Megastonks. While Jäger will rush towards stairs to the wall and climb up it to provide sniper support.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2020, 06:49:45 am »

"Salutations Duke of Earl I have not come for safety but in search of items of antiquity, but I was not expecting to find it occupied and sense it is I shall inquire about buying the items I sought, for I was looking for a suit of armour of ether the plate or chain variety that I heard this location had and I am prepared to offer my abilities as a medical professional or my skills as a soldier in exchange for the items I seek."

Burt then turns to Theodore.
"I remember you as well, you're the first person I've seen from the lab in quite a while, how have you been doing sense I last saw you?"

Talking.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2020, 01:18:09 am »

”Whelp time to make headway in my financial opportunity and then going to assist the Postwick, let’s hope for good luck

Travel to Norwich and search for the Briar Road Chemical Plant and head to that location

(Spend 5 Tallies for +1 Wits)

Spoiler: Karen Kablukov (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:21:43 am by Pokeboss44 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2020, 04:19:26 am »

Ben raised his eyebrows and scoffed as the older pirate quibbled about the damaged truck. Being called a boy rankled, too, for all that it was factual - but Ben kept his mild annoyance to himself.

"Aye? Ah'll be sure ta bear that in mind next time yer arse needs saving, then," he retorts with a grin before departing.   

Later, at Scole, Ben's eyebrow region sees still more activity when he learns the cause of the flattened buildings.
"A tank? A working tank? Phoah, ah widnae mind a look at that," he says, though his excitement is soon mostly superseded by concern at the news from Spooner Row.

Take my bike with me for a walk 'round the market and ask about for news of my family - were they caught up in whatever went down at Spooner Row? I suppose I might even find them here, if they had to flee our old camp, though most would more likely be on the frontlines somewhere.   

See if I can catch a glimpse of the illustrious Amy and/or that tank of hers while I'm at it. My family takes precedence but I'll ask about the warlord and her whereabouts, too. Have I heard much about her in the past?   

If I have time, have a look at what's on offer in the market itself.   

Edit: actually, start the Swap Shop pirate quest, since I happen to be in the neighbourhood.
I don't have much to trade but I'll have a look at what's on offer and try and trade away this artificial brain thing if I can find any corner of the market that hasn't already been flooded with such junk.   

Spoiler: Ben Lash (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 12:39:29 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2020, 10:09:53 am »

"That would be nice.. but I don't know that's how it works.  Maybe the extra power is used to make an entertainment program that keeps the billions of minds up there quiescent, and shutting it off will lead to ten billion angry insane minds attacking us all at once.

..but yeah, the situation down here isn't good.  As such I'm not going to do nothing.. I'll go forward with doing it.  I'm still going to put in the effort to find out what will happen first.

Still, is there one thing you can do for me?  Do you have a computer here, or do you know anyone with a computer on which I can store a copy of this information?  I don't want it to be lost should I not succeed."

Make two personal quests.  One to upload the data I've found, and the other to accurately determine what the consequences of uploading said data will be.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

A YEAR ON WRAP UP

Here's my imagined wrap up of where everyone was heading. A rough new status quo forms as Bungay is destroyed and the Londoners leave the area, and the Laxfield tower is switched off, making huge swathes of countryside safe for humans once again. It would have been nice to play out organically, but the game was too hard to run for so many people with so many threads.

Ben Lash
Had a successful career as a pirate for a while before going out in a blaze of glory while seeking revenge for his father's death.

P4
The big cat bot makes friends among the human factions, proving his loyalty and worth. Some time later when the Mob turn on their tower so that Norwich can be invaded as part of a deal with the GML, P4 nobly defends his new friends until the signal is taken down again.

Darrin Amoretto
After much trials and tribulations, Darrin and the gang defeat the Laxfield labyrinth and secure the tower, turning it off. They're forced to make it their new base after Bungay is destroyed by the combined Eyes of Gaia forces. With Suffolk without signal, others flood to this new point of safety.

Sandra and Jager
The pair take down the base at Bungay, pushing the Londoners out of the northeast and extending the signal network. The win is short lived after the Laxfield tower goes dead, stranding many of the uplox's shells out in the wilderness. Jager shadowsteps away in time, but Sandra accrues too much Distance and spends time in the Nexus, working to get herself a new shell so she can be among nature once again.

Auze
Auze and his tortles run riot across the Norfolk Broads, setting up an anti-uplox stronghold of his own. Things eventually come to a head with conflicts with the resident mutants and relationships sour with   the Walt Labs mutants in the north.

Karen
When the signal towers start to go dead and the human resurgence begins in earnest, Karen is prepared. Self-powered, and her burgeoning sense of self begins to blossom and she contemplates what it is like to be a full person of her own, in charge of her own destiny.

Dr Burt Goldstine
Burt armours up and is instrumental in destroying many of the Eyes of Gaia shells that are stranded when the Laxfield tower goes down.

Ed
The weird wandering salesman manages to befriend the Hunger-wracked mutants of Sudsbury and acts as a go-between with them and the more civilised factions as he steadily accrues more mutations and personal foibles himself.

Theodore
Theodore and Timmy travel the wastes, establishing supply lines and working on a new book, a sort of travel guide for people frozen in the past and finding themselves stuck in the future.

Sandeep
Sandeep the mutant pariah continues his quest to destroy the Nexus. Isolated and hunted, some say he's still out wandering the wilds looking for a way to take down these monsters. Thanks to his fearless efforts, many more isolated pockets of settlement are linked up on a radio network.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts
« Reply #385 on: May 17, 2021, 03:19:53 am »

I really liked this game, glad it got an ending.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 17, 2021, 09:19:52 am »

Agreed. This game was excellent.
Even though I’m a bit disappointed I didn’t get to actually finish the maze myself, I’m glad that we could get a resolution after all this time.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 17, 2021, 01:49:26 pm »

Thumbs up at least it got a solid resolution to the game :)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 17, 2021, 04:38:47 pm »

Nice to at least get a conclusion. This game was fun.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 18, 2021, 10:31:11 pm »

Wow, interesting that I started visiting the forums again just in time to see this wrap-up.   
Sad that this confirms that there won't be any more of this bloody good game, but at least there's closure. A short sentence is better than nothing, haha. I'd be interested to at least watch any future games you might run, NQT. :)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27