Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: SCP: Containment Race (Core Thread)  (Read 2226 times)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Containment Race (Core Thread)
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2019, 06:40:35 am »

I'll take a spot on Alpha
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:47:12 am by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2019, 10:32:50 am »

joining the OKB side because screw it, i want to give shit design proposals (and also because I have nothing better to do)
it's over

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2019, 04:59:24 pm »

R.I.P. This Game

After some time dwelling on it, I won't be coming back to this game and should probably officially state that. While I had enthusiasm for the subject matter, translating it into arms race format was exhausting and had the side effect of fixation on the wrong aspect of the game (as C5 perfectly put it, being approached as a "PvP Rainbow Six Arms Race") as well as having some hiccups in regard to translating the wide variety of options into the game without outright telling you what to do. For example, attacking a military facility was possible as I had mentioned, and, depending on factors, may have resulted in an unofficial extra "design". Sniffing out breadcrumbs seemed harder than I expected as well, and the issue would have only compounded upon itself once we got to the very open and free-form experimentation on anomalies.

We (I am including myself in this) don't seem to have been ready for an AR-like this abstract - which does mildly confuse me after the resounding, but limited, success of Blood of Champions, but I digress. This is definitely an idea for anyone interested to revisit or at least learn lessons from.

For the record, these were the anomalies we had running:

Hong Kong: A sentient, malicious ivy-like plant.
Vatican City: An entity who sought to give people in need brand new starts.
Chile: A planetseed - an extraterrestrial device meant to be the starting point for a planet's formation.
New Jersey: A musical stump, usually surrounded by frolicking animals.

If you're interested and not already involved, I am running a World War 2-eraish Sci-Fi arms race, Mechanized Warfare, set in a universe from my previous arms race, Industrialized Warfare. Both teams have vets of the first game to fill anyone in on details, and while it's had an impact on the sequel, it's also a beast unto itself. So feel free to jump in! It's currently in it's final prep Revision before we head into the game proper. Check it out! Or put it on your radar, because the teams are getting their background and lore dumped based on their prep actions once this phase is voted on, Embrals, so if flavor is important to you you won't need to jump in blind! The Core Thread can be found here.

I've also got a 3-way Arms Race based heavily on Planetside 2, but it's on hiatus about as long as SCP was before this announcement. I do want to eventually update it though, as the only issue there is my own willpower. One day you may see it pop back up on the first page, but I won't tell people to join it here and now. I'm mostly just mentioning it so anyone in it who reads this knows it isn't forgotten and isn't getting the cancelhammer.
Pages: 1 2 [3]