Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diamond Beast Championship: Ultimate Modded Monster!  (Read 1197 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Diamond Beast Championship: Ultimate Modded Monster!
« on: February 10, 2020, 12:21:16 pm »

Welcome, one and all, to the fight of the century!  I'm your host, Dotom Ferrigòth, and it's time for the Diamond Beast Championship, where we bring in abominations from all over the multiverse and pit them against one another in the Arena, to find out who is...the Ultimate Modded Monster!

Now of course, we can't just accept ANYONE.  No, what we are looking for is a good fight and a good show, so there are a number of rules to keep things interesting.  First and foremost is the Diamond Rule: Just as a diamond can only be scratched by another diamond, every contestant must be capable of defeating a copy of itself in the arena and surviving.  So your undefeatable adamantine blob isn't allowed unless it can defeat another adamantine blob.

In addition, there are other rules:

2. No using species-targeting interactions to cheat your way around the Diamond Rule, or any other rule.

3. We want to avoid arbitrarily raising numbers, so creature max size is set at 10,000,000 (the size of generated titans), no material spec number may be higher than 5,000,000 (the strength of adamantine), and no physical or mental attribute may be higher than 5000.  No natural skills either.

These rules are subject to change at any time, and new ones may be added as new exploits are discovered.  And believe me, there WILL be exploits, because that's the way we roll!

So let's get ready, fasten your seatbelts, because things are about to get weeeirrrd!!!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Diamond Beast Championship: Ultimate Modded Monster!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 12:25:09 pm »

Here comes our reigning champion:

Spoiler: THE ARMOCK (click to show/hide)

A colossal mechanized titan that consumes everything it touches with flame, with flesh of steel, magma for blood and adamantine for hair, teeth, and nails!  Despite its size, this creature can move at incredible speeds, and is capable of crushing an army of 20 full-grown dragons without breaking a sweat!

Can anyone create a creature powerful enough to defeat this beast?

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 08:07:06 pm »

I searched the deepest, darkest caverns of a hundred worlds to find a worthy challenger, and I think this monster ought to put on a proper show.  Slithering through its tunnels on numerous scaled tentacles, the dread gened has many ways to deal with those foolish enough to intrude on its domain.  But its most formidable weapons are the least obvious: the lethal blades hidden in its arms and the eldritch necromancy it controls.

Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Body (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Interaction (click to show/hide)

It isn't heavily tested, but I tried putting them against each other in the Arena a few times.  Got long fights and short fights, but always one survivor.  I've got a few more ideas for contestants; this one seemed like a nice start that would give an interesting fight.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 09:31:14 am »

You feel a strange aura emanating from beyond the horizon. It's quickly closing in, this strange aura, and you soon recognize it as pure unadulterated anger; the anger of bees. You better scatter, these are no normal bees, they are the ones upholding the millhive, and it leaves no stone unturned in its quest for blood...

DFFD link, including the other diamond beast raws, as I'm having troubles posting long posts.