Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Evolution/tg/style Continued (drawings don't have to be good)  (Read 2244 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Evolution/tg/style Continued (drawings don't have to be good)
« on: October 13, 2019, 03:10:21 pm »

Continued from Evolution /tg/ style
Original GM Rules

Welcome to the shittily drawn world of B4Y-XII. This is a garden world it it's prime: vast oceans filled with an assortment of life, huge empty landmasses that shift around due to the flow of hot magma underground. There's even an atmosphere! You, however, are not a part of the intricate biosphere of this planet. You are a godly entity, a force of sorts. And you are not alone. Your power lies in causing mutations, but there's only a limited amount of species you are able to manipulate. Will you help this planet thrive? Create higher organisms possibly even capable of civilization? It's up to you, and your MSPaint skills (you don't need to be good tbh, I'm shit too).

Good evening, morning, afternoon, night, dusk, dawn, eternal hellfire and/or solar eclipse to all people of the world! Today, we start a journey. A journey of evolution. And we'll do it /tg/ style.

What the frick is /tg/ style evo? Let me explain!

How to play:
We'll have 4 starting organisms. You'll be able to edit them mutation by mutation. For example, you could make one get bigger fins, an extra eye, a different colour, a new organ and other stuff too. As long as it's semi-scientifical (No obvious magic stuff, but things like electric shocks or magnetic field-generating organs are fine.) and not made to be weird/quirky. Also make sure your mutations aren't too large, add rudimentary arms before new arms for example. Single organisms can have multiple new species emerge from them, you aren't just limited to editing an organism/stage once. If you're already working on a mutation for an organism and someone ninja's you, make sure to still post yours because diversity is fun in this game.

You add a mutation by grabbing the pic of one of the currently living creatures. I'll clearly show when species go extinct by having big ass messages displayed saying "everything before this is extinct". Then, draw the mutation you'd like to add in MSPaint or an editor of your choosing. If you think a creature gets too full, or you just want to, you can redraw the entire creature. Once you're finished, upload it to a reliable host like imgur, slam it in the post. Make sure your post quotes the post you're evolving it from, but do try to avoid huge ass quote pyramids by snipping them off regularly. Then, add a new Latin name and a common name. Example: Irydociclytis pneumonia, the Green-arsed Doge -> Irydociclytis tuberculosis, the Thicc-arsed Doge. If a creature is changed a whole lot, you can change the genus name too (Irydociclytis tuberculosis -> Cuntophilius hemorrhoidae). Also make sure you include a description and the purpose of your mutation.

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

When this continues for some time, we'll have some variety. At any given moment, I, the OP, can announce a specific extinction event. This event will be "something, for example: "Poisonous Lead molecules are slowly seeping into the ocean, and they're starting to kill stuff.". There'll be a set amount of time to make certain creatures adapt. After the time, any unadapted creature goes extinct. You will not be able to revive and/or mutate them again. Their death is permanent.

I will also keep track of the evolutionary tree, a tree depicting the evolution of all organisms. It'll clearly show which organism is extinct and which one isn't. Here's an example of a partial one I did over on 4chan. The file got too big, so I had to separate them. Every line means an extinction event.

Spoiler: Tree (click to show/hide)

Some other rules:
1. Don't claim a species as yours.
2. Don't whine when your favourite species goes extinct, evolution is a bitch
3. You don't need any skills to draw, I'm shit at it too.
4. Try to use solid colors, not brushes. This makes recoloring and adding stuff easier. In MSPaint, just use the pencil and the bucket.
4b. This doesn't mean creatures should be monorchrome! Use a lot of color if you want too, but make sure it's just solid chunks
5. No transparent backgrounds please, just make 'em white
6. No new species, just edits. Putting this here because I was a bit too vague
7. The same person may not edit one of his own edits within 12 hours of posting it. Exceptions might be made, depending on the situation. This rule is here to avoid a single guy continuously updating his own organism.
Anything I forget will be added to it later.
I could. I will update the tree and put it in this post
Spoiler: Updated Tree (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:30:46 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution, /tg/ style Continued
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 04:27:02 pm »

With the Aestocene Extinction, the 8 survivors enter the Diversocene, the 4th Age.
Challenge. Clouds form more readily. A result of this is that it rains much more often and the sun is covered by clouds for much of the day
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:16:01 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 01:44:29 pm »

Spoiler: Nautorostro Triceis (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:46:19 pm by Detoxicated »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 02:13:00 pm »

What, no challenges to adapt for?
Any way, I am currently thinking of what creature to edit, I will post my submission here soon-ish.

Spoiler: old (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: new (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 02:48:13 pm by Ultimuh »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 06:05:57 pm »

Challenge. Clouds form more readily. A result of this is that it rains much more often and the sun is covered by clouds for much of the day

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 04:16:29 pm »

What happened? Weren't there more players?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 04:24:34 pm »

Give it time, these things can slow. Some might even be a bit hesitant to show their drawing skills.
Just bump the thread every third day or so.
Also, I prefer to wait before drawing more things, just to give others a chance.

Edit: You could also try to put the link to this thread in your forum signature, some people might be interested if they knew it existed.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:29:44 pm by Ultimuh »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 04:28:50 pm »

ok

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 04:58:14 pm »

I may not GM anymore, but I'll join!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution/tg/style Continued (drawings don't have to be good)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 06:50:14 pm »

When, if ever, can the tree be cut to the common ancestors of the currently living species? Or how do you increase the size of the tree? I'm using MS Paint and I am not sure if I can make it bigger since it already reaches the edge of the screen when I scroll

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 07:54:14 pm »

When, if ever, can the tree be cut to the common ancestors of the currently living species? Or how do you increase the size of the tree? I'm using MS Paint and I am not sure if I can make it bigger since it already reaches the edge of the screen when I scroll
Using MSPaint you can just make it bigger by dragging the sides. Additionally, you could size everything down to decrease the size of the image.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 10:14:45 pm »

Using MSPaint you can just make it bigger by dragging the sides. Additionally, you could size everything down to decrease the size of the image.
Thank you

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 04:03:01 am »

From Friday on, I might not be able to be on here for some days, just in case you guys will be wondering why I don't contribute much by then. :)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 03:57:35 am »

It's fine

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2019, 11:28:51 am »

Bump? Is this still on? I still have the tree, if anyone wants to join
Pages: [1] 2