Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Phoebus  (Read 4375 times)

sampeng1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about Phoebus
« on: October 15, 2019, 04:48:42 pm »

Hello, as far as I know everything Except for 1 particular texture in Phoebus (and other tilesets that use it as a baseline) which is wooden doors (I dont know if its all of them it just seems like it). Instead of looking like doors they appear like a blank space with a chain running through the middle. Is there anything I can do at all?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Phoebus
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 05:53:53 pm »

https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Tilesets#Row_12_.28176-191.29 Wooden doors are tile 186. As they're not defined in the raws nor in d_init, that number is not changeable.

You can then edit that particular tile in Phoebus tileset - or, if using Text Will Be Text (TWBT), you can built and/or laying-on-ground doors, wooden doors, or doors of particular material to display a different, arbitary tile of your choosing by utilizing data/init/overrides.txt.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 08:12:47 pm »

I simply don't make wooden doors.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 02:59:20 am »

Hello, as far as I know everything Except for 1 particular texture in Phoebus (and other tilesets that use it as a baseline) which is wooden doors (I dont know if its all of them it just seems like it). Instead of looking like doors they appear like a blank space with a chain running through the middle. Is there anything I can do at all?

It seems like you need to use the TWBT version (which also requires DFhack). I'm using Phoebus' set and wooden doors dispaly correctly.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Kraken89

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 04:23:34 pm »

I am having the same issue. I do have DFhack turned on with TWBT in the lazy newb pack. Are you saying I would need to manually install a different version of the Phoebus tileset?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 05:14:45 pm »

Yes

Revert back to ascii through the LNP and the install Phoebus.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Kraken89

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 06:03:40 pm »

It must be something with the phoebus pack. I actually downloaded just DF game and manually installed the Phoebus pack by copying the files that are outlined in the readme. It changed the graphics but it still shows the chain for the door. I also install ASCII via LNP and updated the saved games. I then reinstalled Phoebus via LNP and updated the saved games but still did the same thing. I am not sure if I did something wrong or not. I apologize if I did not understand your instructions.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 01:49:15 am »

I then reinstalled Phoebus via LNP and updated the saved games but still did the same thing. I am not sure if I did something wrong or not. I apologize if I did not understand your instructions.

Did you update the saved games through the LNP launcher? If yes, I think it used the "bad"1 set that comes with LNP. I guess I could have said it clearer but you'll have to install the set and update your saves manualy2 over LNP. Use the files that came from the standalone version of Phoebus and follow the instructions for using the set with TWBT.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what might be the cause. I used to have the same problem and it was due to some fault with the LNP's twbt install, doing a manual instalation fixed it for me.

1.For some reason (that I don't really understand) LNP can't handle the two different (with/without TWBT) installations of the set so it seem like it uses some kind of mashed up version.
2. The LNP launcher will still say that you use the ascii graphics but it doesn't matter.

Kraken89

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 04:05:45 pm »

Ok sounds good! I will try that! I have been busy with work but I have some time this weekend. Thank you for your help!

sampeng1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 09:51:08 pm »

Im sorry I didn't reply sooner (it completely slipped my mind) but Ulfarrs suggestion seemed to work for me as well. Not only is the door glitch fixed but a lot of textures were updated as well in the twbt version.