Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead  (Read 112388 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2019, 05:01:55 pm »

Anyone remember if there was ever someone working on stamina and pain for animals? Because I vaguely recall some discussion happening after stamina was implemented for the player, but it seems like that never actually got anywhere.
Well beside fucking me up because im so fast after buff in magiclysm that im using more stam than i regen by just walking.... When i fight i deplete my stam i  about 12 melee hit.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2019, 08:47:50 pm »

Anyone remember if there was ever someone working on stamina and pain for animals? Because I vaguely recall some discussion happening after stamina was implemented for the player, but it seems like that never actually got anywhere.

Nobody is implementing it presently before 0.E but it's totally on the table for something to implement eventually. There are some AI questions about stamina budgeting that are not trivial to answer
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2019, 11:08:58 pm »

Nobody is implementing it presently before 0.E but it's totally on the table for something to implement eventually. There are some AI questions about stamina budgeting that are not trivial to answer
Hopefully, monster speed gets reworked too, or things like deer with 300 speed will end up perpetually exhausted. Whoever winds up doing it COULD just make monsters have higher stamina regen, but that sort of laziness was how a lot of monsters famous for shredding newer players wound up having such insane speed in the first place.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2019, 11:56:18 pm »

Pretty much what happens to my character, after buff i hit about 180ish speed. Have to take a 5-6 game minute break once in a while and i hate when it kicks during a fight.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2019, 04:33:31 am »

So far I am on my best playthrough of the game. Did a sheltered start and ended up in the middle of nowhere. Rest stop at the end of a road to the west, farm to the east bordering a swamp, beehive overlapping another farm to the north, massive tons of ants far to the south, and an apartment complex to the SE with a national guard camp a bit to it's south.

Outside the completely locked apartment complex was a working Solar Car, so I have been driving that in the open grassland to and from my base. I ended up getting a pickaxe and dug into the metal shudders of the apartment complex. Completely expected a zombie horde inside and what I got was... Nothing.

Ground Level Clear...
Basement Clear...
First Floor Clear...
All the way to the roof Clear...

So with that in mind, I think I am going to start moving my stockpiles to the apartment complex. Establish some fencing and other defenses around the broken metal shudder I cracked and make it my primary base of operation. I started in the winter so I'll like use the basement as my personal area once I get a wood stove setup for heat, and then look into getting started with farming or see if I can scavenge solar panels off one of the wrecks in the parking lot to add to my electric car or find another use for them.

Also want to get around to making a simple now or makeshift crossbow and start working on my archery. I have a couple pistols, but mainly rifle ammo, so that's not very useful.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2019, 02:15:10 pm »

Spotted this link :
https://old.reddit.com/r/cataclysmdda/comments/dw8we1/i_found_out_that_some_guy_is_working_on_a_game/

There was the Looming Darkness project with multiplayer CDDA, with this new one that also get into real time i'm very interested to see how it is going to progress
edit : there's a youtube video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGPsTTr_9DA
That looks quite nice.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:18:07 pm by Robsoie »

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2019, 07:39:50 pm »

Question about the aftershock mod. It seems like you're supposed to be able to turn fridges you find in houses into vehicle fridges, but I'll be damned if I know how to do so. I can't seem to be able to interact with them beyond taking items that are inside them.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2019, 12:57:27 pm »

I'm not sure how aftershock does it, sorry. I've been planning to make fridges and ovens have an intermediate deconstruction stage where you get a bulky item you can move and place as furniture or further deconstruct, but I don't think aftershock did it that way
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2019, 06:20:19 am »

Speaking of furniture in cars, I've been updating a mod I made a long time ago, that let you install almost every kind of furniture in game in a car, the only thing I never did was let you take down furniture from the world and put it into cars, everything was ether found or built. (I also added the ability to build brick and concrete walls as parts of a car, but that's something you probably wouldn't want in the main game.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2019, 06:56:55 pm »

Question about the aftershock mod. It seems like you're supposed to be able to turn fridges you find in houses into vehicle fridges, but I'll be damned if I know how to do so. I can't seem to be able to interact with them beyond taking items that are inside them.
First from construction menu (* by default) you prepare a fridge for vehicle usage (requires fab 3, elec 4, mech 3, screw tool, hammer, metal saw and some minor supplies), then 'E'xamine it and it will spawn an item you can put into the vehicle. Also you can convert prepared fridge to a freezer afterwards and 'E'xamine it too.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2019, 03:07:24 pm »

Speaking of furniture in cars, I've been updating a mod I made a long time ago, that let you install almost every kind of furniture in game in a car, the only thing I never did was let you take down furniture from the world and put it into cars, everything was ether found or built. (I also added the ability to build brick and concrete walls as parts of a car, but that's something you probably wouldn't want in the main game.)

Interesting. What about toilets? A while back I tinkered with faking a proper mobile home in vehicle form, and the main thing that made me decide not to was that you can't have sinks and toilets (though for the kitchen, the kitchen unit is a reasonable standin).
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2019, 03:23:53 pm »

Interesting. What about toilets? A while back I tinkered with faking a proper mobile home in vehicle form, and the main thing that made me decide not to was that you can't have sinks and toilets (though for the kitchen, the kitchen unit is a reasonable standin).
I added sinks as storage container with the "FAUCET" flag, and toilets as a different item that can hold thee gallons of liquid and be used as a seat. Also what made it to where you couldn't have sinks and toilets.

The main reason I made the mod in the first place was to be able to live in a house but with the added benefit of being able to take it with me when I left the area, and also more death mobile customization options.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2019, 04:27:44 pm »

Also what made it to where you couldn't have sinks and toilets.

Well, just that in vanilla there weren't any sink or toilet vehicle parts, and nothing good to represent them. If you placed this mobile home vehicle as a static spawn (like one that's been unhitched and hooked up to utilities), then technically you can leave holes in the vehicle's space and fill them with t_floor plus f_toilet, but that causes visual oddities (since when you're on the toilet, you're technically considered to be outside the vehicle).
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2019, 04:12:29 am »

Also what made it to where you couldn't have sinks and toilets.

Well, just that in vanilla there weren't any sink or toilet vehicle parts, and nothing good to represent them. If you placed this mobile home vehicle as a static spawn (like one that's been unhitched and hooked up to utilities), then technically you can leave holes in the vehicle's space and fill them with t_floor plus f_toilet, but that causes visual oddities (since when you're on the toilet, you're technically considered to be outside the vehicle).
So were you making it with vanilla stuff?

The thing I was working on had unique items for every furniture including toilets, sinks, stoves, and a bunch of other stuff.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2019, 05:34:27 am »

I think it's been almost a year since I played, so does anyone know how healing works in the current version? Seems pretty slow and bandages don't seem to do much at the moment. Is there a difference between medical gauze and bandages? I'm just curious how the whole thing works.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57