Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead  (Read 114055 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #510 on: April 26, 2020, 06:54:36 am »

I looked at that and it appears to keep the fields and only changes what the ground is made of and what grows there, but I might be able to salvage the idea if nested map stuff can be put in fields then all I would have to do is change the ground into flooring, and have special locations as specials.

EDIT: Oh damn, I made a major breakthrough apparently if I just give a custom map the "om_terrain": [ "field" ], it overrides the randomgen fields, which means I can actually do this without having to relight on some kind of hacky crap that might not have worked, now I just have to see if this works on rivers as well.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:19:18 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 26, 2020, 12:30:04 pm »

My one real unfufilled ambition from my mod was to create a static map.

Imagine just being placed into a giant sarcophagus, with unbreakable concrete walls that block progress past it, and a whole town and surroundings in it.   It was possible back when I did mod the game, and should still be now.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 26, 2020, 10:41:10 pm »

Imagine just being placed into a giant sarcophagus, with unbreakable concrete walls that block progress past it, and a whole town and surroundings in it.   It was possible back when I did mod the game, and should still be now.
There is the odd necropolis city I've run into a few times, which has a static if rotatable layout. Not sure if its still in or not, but it was a pretty hefty sized set piece.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 27, 2020, 04:18:08 pm »

If you confine the player to a single large overmap special, and put a fair bit of effort into thick enough walls that can neither be teleported through (enough space and they won't make it past) as well as preclude mining, and it oughta still work, yeah.

Personally I feel like a floating island structure might be more interesting and easier to tinker with, though.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 28, 2020, 02:09:21 am »

And because why not, an update on that thing in Arcana I'm working on:
* Added a small hideout of renegade sanguine shrikes, who Sofia sends you to come into contact with. Talking them into giving you want you're after is an option, albeit this is much harder as a mage hunter character.
* Main quest target can be persuaded via a few different ways, and additionally by talked into trading with you if you want.
* Completing this mission peacefully also spawns another side NPC at the rural church, a minor merchant and likely to be good for sideplot stuff later on.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 28, 2020, 12:24:05 pm »

sorry but how i use the powdered egg?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 28, 2020, 12:52:32 pm »

Cook it.  Water and heat and a pan of some sort should do it
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 29, 2020, 06:38:57 am »

is possible to train a vehicle with another vehicle??

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 29, 2020, 06:39:28 am »

what?
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 29, 2020, 07:06:30 am »

I think they're thinking like connect two vehicles together, like two train cars, perhaps more like a car and a trailer?
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 29, 2020, 07:12:49 am »

Well, in that case, no, without some hijinks.

You could literally fuse 2 working vehicles together with a frame, and then unfuse them when you want.  personally i think you could do that with some limited success if you did it to a mega-base and a motorcycle or quad.... 
but then youd have to 'unhitch' them and that might take time.
PKs DF Mod!

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 29, 2020, 07:34:52 am »

You could literally fuse 2 working vehicles together with a frame, and then unfuse them when you want.  personally i think you could do that with some limited success if you did it to a mega-base and a motorcycle or quad.... 
but then youd have to 'unhitch' them and that might take time.
For small vehicles like motorcycles or bicycles we actually have bike racks and for towing we have tow cables!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #522 on: April 29, 2020, 12:03:49 pm »

Maybe this calls for a light flexible 'frame' that can connect two vehicles called a tow hitch? Would be neat to have a survival trailer pulled along behind my truck

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 29, 2020, 11:44:59 pm »

And what should be the final updates on the arcana thing I'm working on:
* Added Sofia's final mission. This entails investigating efforts to secure a radio station to use its broadcasting equipment, by some contacts of the Cleansing Flame.
* Mission leads to two new NPCs arriving, with some basic dialogue and room to flesh out future plot ideas.
* Also tweaked how many golden scales the main missions give you.
* Increased the faked restock delay from one week to one month.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 11:53:29 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 30, 2020, 12:52:05 am »

Hm, would it be possible to have the broadcasting lead to Cleansing Flame random generic recruitable NPCs appearing?

So like how the game rarely generates NPCs that can be recruited, this mission unlocks those folks to be more like Cleansing Flame survivors.

If not, giving magic-users as recruitable NPCs in any capacity, based upon the path the player had pursued (or maybe even complementary, to whatever degree possible lore-wise).

If you're looking to branch out, the Desert map could use some love.  Not sure many mods would actually work with that map, as even the base game has issues with wanting to spawn things in fields, but not having fields that are legal to do so, then bugging out.  Imagine Djinn, magic lamps, flying carpets, and enchanted knives and scimitars!

Despite the issues, it provides a whole new experience, as instead of worrying about freezing to death, the player has to avoid burning up!  Going nocturnal is the best best, but the player's sleep cycles are all wrong at first.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57