Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead  (Read 112433 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #540 on: May 21, 2020, 05:59:22 pm »

What was the "turn-length change"? I think I stopped playing Cata when that was made, and this is the first I've heard mention of it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 21, 2020, 06:19:53 pm »

how long ago was that?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 21, 2020, 06:36:11 pm »

Turns are down to one second per turn, from whatever it used to be. Less time passes per turn so you essentially get more time in each day to do things.
Black lives matter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 21, 2020, 06:40:14 pm »

6 seconds is how long a turn used to last.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 04, 2020, 08:35:52 pm »

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 04, 2020, 11:08:26 pm »

Totally meant inspiration there, but it sounds legit.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 15, 2020, 08:24:40 am »

Right, so uh, for the past-few in-game time there was less things to do so I started sleeping before I got the "tired" status but stil at a late time like 11:00, and for more than a few nights it shows I "toss and turn" until I am red in hunger, hydration, and sleepiness, and then the game tells me "You can't sleep"  ???
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 15, 2020, 11:00:07 am »

What have you been doing as far as sleeping?

I play an insomniac character, and I usually manage to get by by putting a blanket and a pillow on a bench in the evac shelter.

Also, even if you can't sleep, there should be a message that appears after the first few tries prompting you to either get up, try to get to sleep, or try to get to sleep without stopping.

Even then, as long as you don't actually fall asleep, you can press . or 5 on the num pad while you're trying to go to sleep to stop.

I think some drugs can make you more tired, like some cough syrups (I assume, since there are non-drowsy variants), so that might help too.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 17, 2020, 06:18:35 pm »

Right, so uh, for the past-few in-game time there was less things to do so I started sleeping before I got the "tired" status but stil at a late time like 11:00, and for more than a few nights it shows I "toss and turn" until I am red in hunger, hydration, and sleepiness, and then the game tells me "You can't sleep"  ???

I've had that happen.  I think its actually a bug with the sleep system (as in I think I read somewhere its a bug, and not just my random guessing).  I just don't sleep until I get the "tired" status.  There is usually enough crafting and reading to do, but I also use the Rest command in the Miscellaneous menu of the Action menu to just let time go by until I get the "Tired" status.  Try to have a watch, as then you can fast-forward in more controlled bursts instead of possibly overshooting the hunger/thirst thresholds and having to run for water/food.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 18, 2020, 10:10:54 am »

I tend to operate until dead tired just to make sure I get to sleep :P

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 18, 2020, 10:36:00 am »

What was the "turn-length change"? I think I stopped playing Cata when that was made, and this is the first I've heard mention of it.

They last a second now. It’s been done a long time ago.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 18, 2020, 06:06:56 pm »

I tend to operate until dead tired just to make sure I get to sleep :P
And in the game, too.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 25, 2020, 05:26:00 pm »

Some big tweaks to hunger fillingness levels and calorie use went in over the last few weeks that I think will smooth the food system out a lot. I'm still tweaking some of the outliers (right now food that doesn't weigh much but is high calorie will sometimes be too filling), but mostly it seems to be working well.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 25, 2020, 05:50:39 pm »

Plus or minus a brief bug where you were burning 7000 calories a day just idling because activity levels weren't updating right, which should be fixed now.

Still, with all manner of container, tool, charge, etc bugs going on, I'll leave a reminder here for players that the current, newest build with a reasonable degree of stability is still 1064, and will remain the best choice for some time: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/releases/tag/cdda-jenkins-b10614

For those seeking third-party mods, several have releases set aside that have been updated to work specifically for that build, reverting changes specific to nested containers, ballistic damagetype (which sadly was merged after nested containers), and other things mandating JSON changes:
1. For my Arcana and Magic Items mod
2. For my MST Extra mod
3. For my Tankmod: Revived mod
4. For Noctifer's Cataclysm++ mod
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 28, 2020, 08:41:10 pm »

So the wandering spawns that simulate zombie hordes... Could someone confirm for me whether or not they will start spawning inside your base if you return from a trip? It would be amazing if they somehow coded it to understand what is "inside" and "sealed off" and what's not.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57