Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead  (Read 113960 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2019, 01:20:56 am »

Toad style kung fu got reworked, now you get some neat stuff in line with the way of playing this particular stance like getting a boost when geting hit or blocking and some more offensive moves so it doesnt feel like a purely tanking position. in fact i would dare to say it may be potentially broken as long as you know you have to keep the number of enemies in check and so on.

I blame Hymore for my deciding to look into watching Five Deadly Venoms today...but hey, it could be weirder. Imagine if someone  (hint: I've been recently overthinking the way a lot of the martial art mechanics work) were to ponder how to represent Fist of The North Star in CDDA...

Edit: I've been busy with work lately but still doing a bit of drawing, and several others have been contributing. I'm really happy with these seasonal cattails I did today.

Damn, that looks nice! Remind me that I really oughta tackle mod_tileset content for your project soon...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2019, 05:32:35 am »

Someone finally added a clown wig and nose to the game for the clown profession.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2019, 10:20:13 am »

It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out. Keeping the number of enemies in check is fairly tricky nowadays though.

from experience using the technique in my recurring character, that's not as hard as it looks. just make sure to use the terrain in your favour like only pull out one zombie at a time into a 1 tile passage, if you are in open space then try to kite them into the dark so you can fight them in small groups without pulling more of them. the debuff works well enough as being able to move 1 tile if needed but the idea is to fight in place so you have to make sure to evade aggroing a lot of mobs.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2019, 12:43:58 pm »

Thanks to copious use of looks_like, this is beginning to resemble a playable tileset.

Item and monster sprites will be incomplete for a while yet, and vehicles are going to be ugly temporary line art that is just playable, but it's almost ready for a demo release.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2019, 02:05:19 pm »

f
Love, scriver~

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2019, 02:24:54 pm »

liking those color palettes. probably one of the only things i dont like of the old DeadPeople tileset, terrain looked quite bright or bordering yellow green even during spring/summer.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2019, 02:39:34 pm »

I'm probably going to further tweak colours, making dirt less saturated and grass a little browner during summer, and moreso into the fall. This is the springtime colour palette currently (except for the reeds, which are summer mode because it's one of my favourite sprites).

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2019, 02:42:45 pm »

Coming along nicely, from the looks of it.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2019, 12:58:42 am »

I blame Hymore for my deciding to look into watching Five Deadly Venoms today...but hey, it could be weirder. Imagine if someone  (hint: I've been recently overthinking the way a lot of the martial art mechanics work) were to ponder how to represent Fist of The North Star in CDDA...

I actually did this as a joke martial art. It was incredibly overpowered against single enemies, but only allowed a single dodge at +5.

The first strike against an enemy would always stun it for two turns, but did 10% of regular damage. Dodging an enemy would also immediately stun it as a counter-attack. Against a human enemy, these attacks would also down the opponent. This wasn't one attack mind you, but a series of differently named attacks that did the same thing under different criteria.

Any attack against a stunned enemy would choose from a set of 4 attacks named things like "ATA", "AATA", "TATA", and so on. These attacks did 20% damage for 20% move cost. At every even unarmed level, there would be 2 additional options that would deal 24%/28%/32%/36%/40% at unarmed level 2/4/6/8/10 for the same move cost and also named similarly.

Finally, any attack against a stunned, downed, human opponent would choose between 4 options. One would deal 50x normal damage and usually instantly gib the target; while the other three would just fail. These were something like "omae wa mo, shander -wait", "omae whammo -gah!", "omae wa mo shenda- damnit!". You'd unlock up to 9 properly working pronunciations as you level unarmed. So you'd fail 75% of the time at unarmed level 1 and 20% of the time at level 10. Because as we all know, learning Asian language teaches you martial arts.

Needless to say, the technique list was tl;dr, so you'd have no idea what you were getting into unless you code-dived. And battles resulted in the message buffer being filled with "ATA! 8 damage!", "ATTA! 12 damage!", "WATA! 24 damage!".
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 01:00:18 am by Blaze »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2019, 12:37:38 pm »

"omae wa mo shenda- damnit!"
I want everything in this post so bad.

Seriously, a mutator for silly martial arts would be glorious.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2019, 07:15:58 pm »

That sounds like a fucking hilarious way to implement it, too...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2019, 05:19:51 pm »

This week's changelog

Previous Changelog

Changes for: October 21-27, 2019

Covers experimental builds: 9792-9810

Jenkins build changelog

Minor changes and fixes not listed.

Note: Stable 0.D is now recommended for newer players or any person who doesn’t want to risk game breaking bugs.  Experimental versions will be riskier, back up your saves.

0.D Official Release Build (#8574)

Content:

Features:

Balance:

Fixes:

Interface

Mods:

Infrastructure:

Build

I18N:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:35:29 pm by Erk »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2019, 06:01:00 pm »

Fix hoe consistency

Thank god. I hate inconsistent hoes.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2019, 06:34:32 pm »

Fix hoe consistency

Thank god. I hate inconsistent hoes.
I was deeply saddened to find nobody had made that comment in the pull request

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2019, 02:06:44 am »

Anyone remember Artyoms' gun emporium, because I'm working on getting it updated and I'm also re-adding guns that were cut from later versions those include, AK-74m, VSS Vintorez, Barrett M99, Gewehr 43, Karabiner 98 Kurz, a sawn off pump shotgun, and several more, I also added back the sawn-off double barrel that was removed from the mainline along time ago.

I also made the FG42 use the right ammo and got everything spawn, there's still some stuff to do but its working right now.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57