Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead  (Read 113968 times)

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2019, 03:18:23 pm »

Seven months since I started, about six weeks since we started working on it as a community, UltiCa now has a playable demo release.
https://github.com/I-am-Erk/CDDA-Tilesets/releases/tag/Demo_2019-10-30
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

BikeRacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2019, 08:14:18 pm »

I fired it up, and it looks fantastic so far. Exciting to see a tileset like this actively being worked on, especially with MSX DP defuncted.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 08:16:22 pm by BikeRacks »

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2019, 03:01:11 am »

Deadpeople is apparently being worked on again, but probably won't make a return to the mainline until the issue that got it removed can be confirmed as being fixed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2019, 05:01:34 am »

Neat! I'm gonna try it out when I get on my computer. Is it as simple as a drag-and-drop to the right folder or do you have to do something more to install it?

edit: It worked great until the game crashed ;)

The Bluescreen for more items in the same tile instead of the old apostrophe will take a bit getting used too, though.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 07:43:24 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2019, 08:36:13 am »

The bluescreen is a default filler, I plan to use an ellipsis

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2019, 01:09:54 pm »

This week's changelog went up, and I finally had a chance to cross-post it.

Previous Changelog

Changes for: October 28-November 4, 2019

Covers experimental builds: 9812-9855

Jenkins build changelog

Minor changes and fixes not listed.

Note: Stable 0.D is now recommended for newer players or any person who doesn’t want to risk game breaking bugs.  Experimental versions will be riskier, back up your saves.

0.D Official Release Build (#8574)

Editors note:I-am-Erk and snipercup are doing an enormous amount of work on looks_like entries to improve tile set coverage.  I opted not to list all the individual Prs.

Content:

Features:

Balance:

Fixes:

Interface

Mods:

Infrastructure:

Android

Build

I18N:

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2019, 01:36:38 pm »

In other update-related news, I had a lot of time on Friday and worked in another release of UltiCa.

https://github.com/I-am-Erk/CDDA-Tilesets/releases/

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2019, 11:29:00 am »

So I tried messing around with the Magiclysm mod and I have to ask, is it supposed to be incredibly weak? I was trying to kill a basic zombie with a beginner attack spell and was basically doing 1 point of damage.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2019, 12:07:30 pm »

Huh, I haven't played this one in a reeeeally long time it seems. Might come back to it once Darkwood gets boring, I'm eager to try one of the experimentals and see how the new additions play. Also, I love that tileset you're working on Erk!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2019, 12:12:30 pm »

Years ago I added two hats to the game that are still in the main branch (the beret and the pickelhaube). One of these days I'll be sure to contribute some more.

My favorite parts of the game are the cyborg aspects, the mutations and the car stuff. I found it too difficult to actually build cars, as the chances of having the right skills and finding and fitting the right parts without being killed by zombies were too slim for me. So when booting up a game I usually load up the map and then sprint towards the nearest carpark and grab whatever vehicle is going. My favourite way to play the game is to drive from gas station to station, doing smash and grabs on shops along the way.

My most successful character ever had a zweihander and an electric shock implant. Unstoppable on the battle field. I had three shopping trolleys filled with useful loot in a shack in the town and was slowly clearing it out, block by block. But then she collapsed in an alleyway and died of an asthma attack: I'd accidentally left my inhaler back in one of those trolleys.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2019, 03:50:46 pm »

So I tried messing around with the Magiclysm mod and I have to ask, is it supposed to be incredibly weak? I was trying to kill a basic zombie with a beginner attack spell and was basically doing 1 point of damage.

I haven't played in a bit but that sounds weaker than I remember. That said, the beginner spells aren't very potent, it's going for a d&d power curve I think

Huh, I haven't played this one in a reeeeally long time it seems. Might come back to it once Darkwood gets boring, I'm eager to try one of the experimentals and see how the new additions play. Also, I love that tileset you're working on Erk!

Cool, thanks! I hope you like all the new stuff. Making faction bases is a great time.

Unstoppable on the battle field. I had three shopping trolleys filled with useful loot in a shack in the town and was slowly clearing it out, block by block. But then she collapsed in an alleyway and died of an asthma attack: I'd accidentally left my inhaler back in one of those trolleys.

That is an incredibly Cataclysm story.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2019, 04:39:23 pm »

Magiclysm rewards studying. you're supposed to keep studying the spells via the spellbooks until they reach their maximum lvl. otherwise you're weaker at combat than people using regular weapons, your mana pool limits how much stuff you can cast on any given time so its not meant to be a replacement of other forms of combat, rather a supplemental way to get rid of the hostile entities in the cataclysm.

the spellbook itself tells you how much damage, range and mana cost you have per lvl if you wanna know. 

in other news, it seems the dev team announced a feature freeze which means we will get version 0.E Soon(tm)

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2019, 11:07:04 pm »

Yeah, 0.E should be a month or two away. It will resemble the current experimental but with more of the bugs ironed out and ideally a bit more content finished.

I'm dearly hoping to get ultica into it.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2019, 01:58:10 pm »

Just dropping by to say I really appreciate the changelogs.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2019, 04:54:05 pm »

Anyone remember if there was ever someone working on stamina and pain for animals? Because I vaguely recall some discussion happening after stamina was implemented for the player, but it seems like that never actually got anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57