Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seismic Activity  (Read 3419 times)

Heydan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Seismic Activity
« on: October 25, 2019, 12:33:44 pm »

I understand there are Volcanos and waves etc, but never have I experienced an Earthquake in game that randomly collapsed my mines and destroyed most if not all of my underground Fort in an extremely FUN and fast manner.

I was just thinking of it you know and it would absolutely suck to have my 200 year old fort randomly destroyed by a flipping Earthquake. I would literally have so much fun if it was to happen that I would probably destroy my computer.

That's my suggestion.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seismic Activity
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 04:06:18 pm »

Hopefully we'll be seeing this with Mythgen. Toady's mentioned it as something he wants to put in. A quick search of Future of the Fortress should turn up a few scattered mentions.

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seismic Activity
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 07:20:51 pm »

Toady has discussed the possibility of doing more post-worldgen ecological changes to the world, along the lines of volcanic eruptions and other disasters like that. The magic update is going to require more dynamic biomes anyway so doing less-magical world-changing events could definitely make sense. That being said I don't know how much of that would be able to happen IN your fort.