Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Random Advice Thread  (Read 18185 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Advice Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 10:25:47 am »

"Describe your knowledge..."

Am I correct in assuming the correct* response to that is "yes", but formatted as 2 paragraphs? Also, as a person who gives useful answers, how do you make yes into a speech?

*what they're looking for, not what they deserve.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 09:34:22 am »

Best advice I ever got, shot directly at no one in particular: make your sleeping space a sleeping space. Darker, smaller, quieter space. Don't eat in bed, don't read in bed, don't watch TV or fuck around on your phone there. Your sleep quality is way better and that makes a difference.

So, uhh... Any advice on getting over exes?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 09:57:42 am »

Flirt outrageously until someone responds and let that sweet ego boost remind you that there's more than one person in the world who finds you desirable.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 12:13:31 pm »

Take a few months off away from them before you try being friends.

Sato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 12:27:26 pm »

Each relationship is better than the last. It may take more time to find someone new but that is caused by your improved experiences with connecting with someone else. One step towards dealing with your ex(s) in a more healthy way is knowing that you should never go back to them. Once you realize its really over for good you can just think about your past as fond memories and not as something you are trying to get back to. The past is the past. The sooner you look towards the future the sooner it will be here. Life is about growing, every bit of growth puts you in a much better space to have a healthier and more stable relationship that your past relationship can't begin to compete with.

Time indeed heals all wounds so if you can't will yourself to move on, know that time will take care of it inevitably.

If you want a more mechanical approach; Removing items that constantly remind you of an ex is a necessary step even if it means quitting an entire game or selling a device that they gifted you. Life is actually quite long so changing major things about yourself should never be something to fear.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 04:49:03 pm »

A clean break from an ex is best, and a really good idea if you haven't been in a large number of relationships before. That being said, if you have things that tie you to the person such as jointly owned property, a business or even kids, sometimes this isn't possible. Hopefully you're not yet at that stage prior to the breakup.

As cliche as it is, the best way to get over a breakup is to go out and try again, assuming you desire companionship. Focus on self-improvement, challenge yourself to be more friendly and available to the people around you, get advice from your friends for an honest second opinion about yourself, and just put yourself out there. Soul-mates, love at first sight, and all that Hollywood rubbish aren't reality. There's plenty of people out there who can exist with you in a happy relationship, so don't sell yourself short accepting less than you're capable of achieving.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 12:32:44 pm »

I completed the Lament Configuration, and got stuck in a 2-hour long meeting led by one of my coworkers yesterday. The classic "doesn't know what to do, so they hide it by talking loudly and constantly. Then they sucker other people into doing their jobs so they can take credit" coworker. After they talked about making a pdf of their signatures and uploading that instead of signing a document by hand and uploading a pdf of that (for security) for half an hour, I zoned out.

Then, today, I received a phone call from them, which I didn't answer because I have caller ID. I listened to the first few seconds of the message in case it's information useful for my job, and I'm told, "I'm about to send you an email and..." deleted. Apparently, at some point during my fugue state, I agreed to help with some project.

So I guess the advice I need is: what excuse do I use to avoid the next meeting?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 12:47:30 pm »

How does a pdf of a pdf increase security?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2019, 02:18:14 pm »

So I guess the advice I need is: what excuse do I use to avoid the next meeting?

Claim you have more pressing work to do. Hopefully that's actually true.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 03:36:32 am »

What does a butch wear to a christmas dinner with relatives? Look, as I'm living on my own, I'm finally (more) comfortable being myself, but I'm not sure about those of not immediate family.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2019, 05:23:03 pm »

Khakis and a nice understated yet festive sweater would be my call, with a polo underneath in case it's too warm for a sweater.

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 07:26:20 pm »

Khakis and a nice understated yet festive sweater would be my call, with a polo underneath in case it's too warm for a sweater.
That sounds great, thanks!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2019, 01:46:42 pm »

See, I was going to suggest "a bandolier of airplane whiskey bottles." I guess your suggestion works, though.

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2019, 03:36:37 pm »

See, I was going to suggest "a bandolier of airplane whiskey bottles." I guess your suggestion works, though.
Even better if they're still full!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2019, 04:03:36 pm »

Even better if they're still full!

For how long?
Pages: 1 [2] 3