Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Random Advice Thread  (Read 18190 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Random Advice Thread
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:29:16 pm »

This is a thread where people can ask questions and get advice from the people of these forums.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Random Advice Thread
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:54:28 pm »

Isn't http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=18.0 for this? At the very least, shouldn't this thread be moved there?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:59:39 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 08:13:11 pm »

Isn't http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=18.0 for this? At the very least, shouldn't this thread be moved there?
Oh, I forgot about that, I will move it there
I forgot how to move a topic to a new thread, I did it once but forgot how
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 08:14:52 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 08:51:34 pm »

Oh, I forgot about that, I will move it there
I forgot how to move a topic to a new thread, I did it once but forgot how
If you look on the bottom of the screen, you should see something like Move Topic.
If you can't find it, try ctrl+f, and search for Move Topic.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 08:52:33 pm »

Oh. Thanks

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 12:02:34 am »

randomly watching you all give and take advice.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 02:32:19 am »

Okay kids, here's my two cents: If you want to win at life, pay attention to contraception.

Just some friendly advice from a father.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 06:44:01 am »

this Halloween, buy a spooky ghost costume for your little champ.

A classic look, now with reinforced for your satisfaction!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 12:08:48 am »

Just a little mental itch that's been bothering me. It comes from having repeated dreams about going back to high school, either I'm at the school age or suddenly had an anime plot happened where I have to go back to high school. Not like night school but like full fledged during regular classes.

I had two other sets of recurring dreams but it makes sense with one and the other weird. Those dreams are not problematic for me as the high school dreams.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 02:03:44 am »

I'd suggest looking for the (newish) thing in your life that links back to high school, or something that was part of your life at that stage.  For example, new job meaning being confined 9 to 5 again, or fear of failure resulting in not asking someone out (again), or... well whatever.  By the time you could provide us enough information you'd already have it figured out.  :D  Then look at resolving whatever is causing the tension.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 05:17:53 pm »

You can pick your friends.

You can pick your nose.

But you shouldn't pick your friend's nose.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 07:26:42 pm »

Don't use the sniff-test technique on socks.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 02:06:46 pm »

Just a little mental itch that's been bothering me. It comes from having repeated dreams about going back to high school, either I'm at the school age or suddenly had an anime plot happened where I have to go back to high school. Not like night school but like full fledged during regular classes.

I had two other sets of recurring dreams but it makes sense with one and the other weird. Those dreams are not problematic for me as the high school dreams.

Could also just be you finally dealing with stuff from back then. Sometimes your brain quits worrying about things when you're stressed, and then brings them back up when you're not. It's a good plan, but the current implementation of "no warning, no quarter" could use some work.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2019, 05:29:56 am »

Could also just be you finally dealing with stuff from back then. Sometimes your brain quits worrying about things when you're stressed, and then brings them back up when you're not. It's a good plan, but the current implementation of "no warning, no quarter" could use some work.

Well, I did finally fixed the idea in my head with for me having a gf= I actually have worth and that I'm a good person. If I didnt have a gf then I was a horrible person that no one should really be around with. It took a bit of work just to locate that fucked up notion in my head and even more work and a Big fucking lever to pry it out but I feel better because of it.

This doesnt mean that I stopped wanting to find someone who genuinely wants to be with me but now it's not the entirety of my worth or gage of character.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.
Pages: [1] 2 3