Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451]

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 787231 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6750 on: October 15, 2019, 06:00:22 pm »

You of all people should know that Kevin isn't typically quick to back down if he says something out of frustration.

I'll take that as a compliment. :V

That is indeed...odd. Honestly this just seems kinda weird either way.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6751 on: October 15, 2019, 06:10:17 pm »

It's not possible for me to use differing IPs to judge whether accounts have been hacked.  (As I understand it, a single person can scramble their IP using a VPN, as many members of the forum currently do for privacy reasons.)  I have no other relevant information in this case.  So I can't weigh in here.  Most importantly, I don't know that it matters that much.  People are responsible for their accounts, and people shouldn't fight, per the guidelines, but this fight is ongoing, and it's not simple to assign blame.  I would appreciate it if people would dial stuff back generally, but perhaps we are past that point.

The OP of this thread is (relatively) inactive.  Should we switch to a new one that can stay on track?  It's fine to talk about developments and so forth, including dev teams and all that, and criticizing development (while not flinging insults, per guidelines), but this has gotten a little repetitive and if sufficient people want to talk about the game as it is currently being developed, that seems reasonable, but a more strongly defined opening post would be necessary for that.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: October 15, 2019, 06:15:12 pm »

Thanks toady.

What are some of your ideas for rendering the cars Erk?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: October 15, 2019, 06:20:23 pm »

Understood.

And agreed, I'd be interested to see that Erk. I know that one of the users on the discord has likewise expressed an interest in making the tanks in tankmod look more like tanks, as representing the appearance of a tank within the limits of the vehicle system was one of the main things I struggled with back when I added them.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: October 15, 2019, 06:34:48 pm »

Regarding tiles, is my current sketch-up of how a car might look. It needs a bit more support from code before I start doing actual pixelwork.

Also probably of interest, the alpha version of the total tileset is looking like this now:
https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/11464/66855945-a8255b80-ef30-11e9-9bc1-11c6b478e650.png. Still lots of little things to clear up but as I work on the higher-impact tiles it rapidly approaches playability. The community is doing a great job rallying to help make new art.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:07:04 pm by Erk »
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: October 15, 2019, 07:13:04 pm »

Nice, looks like it might be interesting. I'm finding myself thinking I oughta start doing more mod_tilseset stuff at this rate...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: October 15, 2019, 07:15:43 pm »

It's frankly some amazing 2D artwork !

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: October 15, 2019, 08:55:37 pm »

Thanks! I'm really excited to get it into the game soon

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #6758 on: October 15, 2019, 09:59:57 pm »

Given that he's contributed the most to the thread in recent months, as far as content and progress updates, as well as being rational in the pro/anti kevin... issue, I'd suggest Erk to be the thread starter.
The topic really does suffer from not having a thread maintainer and reliable OP.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: October 15, 2019, 10:22:32 pm »

I second Erk as thread starter

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: October 15, 2019, 10:26:42 pm »

bye 0.C Thread!  Not with a bang, but a whimper.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: October 16, 2019, 12:11:04 am »

Well, there was a bit of a bang there.

I've made a new thread at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174824.0 - I was already considering it, so a few votes tipped me over to "okay sure". As I said over there, I'll try to post some changelog highlights and some other general dev stuff.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: October 16, 2019, 10:18:42 am »

It would be so trivial to post the comment's listed IP that I'm taking that as evidence that the claim is false. The only valid reason you wouldn't post the IP is that you'd be compared to post your native IP as proof too, but this is not truly required.

Thing is, you can enter an IP into sites to determine where the IP came from. That Kevin's github profile says he's in Seattle is publicly-available information, so if the "hacker's" IP says it comes from outside Washington then it would confirm this claim without him needing to dox himself.

I highly doubt he cares enough to try to prove anything; he only knew about the post because dpwb and I were surprised to see him posting here at all. Pretty sure he's leaving it up to toady/threetoe to decide if they want to do anything about it.

If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying Kevin didn't post here, as he told you he didn't know about the Angry Outburst Post? Evidence in Kevin's favor, then.

Not if he had already regretted posting it by then.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451]