Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Six Ages/King of Dragon Pass  (Read 20113 times)

JanPospisil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Six Ages/King of Dragon Pass
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2019, 01:22:56 pm »

I fully agree the resolution settings should appear at least once, and you should be told how to access them later.
(programmers have been notified about this, afaik.)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2019, 12:56:27 pm »

I actually kinda missed the KoDP old screens artistry, but understand that the new one is a helluva lot more functional.

Beat Six Ages yesterday though! I won't say anything yet for the sake of spoilers, but it took some doing my first run-through was a starvation simulator as I didn't really know how to take care of my tribe. The second time around was scarcely better, with by end game only being able to field about 200 herd, so I had to restart.

Never did really kick the starvation issue on the third run. There was a few times I wanted to send people out to explore the valley, and ended up having to focus on food just to keep everyone alive. Still enjoyed it though! I'm hoping through my next playthroughs I can finally see all that is being offered through exploration.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2019, 11:24:27 pm »

I actually kinda missed the KoDP old screens artistry, but understand that the new one is a helluva lot more functional.

Beat Six Ages yesterday though! I won't say anything yet for the sake of spoilers, but it took some doing my first run-through was a starvation simulator as I didn't really know how to take care of my tribe. The second time around was scarcely better, with by end game only being able to field about 200 herd, so I had to restart.[...]
BIRDY HIIII :D
If there was one thing really motivating me to get Win10, it's this game :I I loved watching it through development before release.

Total aside but I really love being on the Kitfox discord too--very wholesome server, gem amongst many.
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2019, 11:02:46 am »

If you're looking to upgrade to 10 (for free) they'll still let you apparently:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

I followed these instructions after E3 when I wanted to try their gamepass for PC and didn't have any issues personally.

I'm looking forward to giving this a spin! I purchased it on release, but have been busy with Disco Elysium so I haven't had a chance to play it yet.
Sounds like the playtime is much shorter and focused which I think for me is a good thing as admittedly I've never actually beat KoDP  :-[

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2019, 11:05:32 am »

Huh, hadn't noticed that this only works on windows 10. Pity. Guess I'll have to wait until whenever I get a new computer for it. I don't really have any interest in dealing with Windows 10 right now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2019, 11:41:45 am »

Welp. Guess I won't be buying it for a while then.

Although I am curious what in development forced it to be Win 10 only.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2019, 06:11:39 pm »

Wow, that is an incredibly garbage restriction. Guess I won't be playing this either.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2019, 07:08:07 pm »

Yo Tiruin! Been a while. ^.^

Hopefully as time goes on, they might find a way to port it to PCs other than those that Windows 10. KoDP still holds my heart, but this installment feels like the first step into a much larger story, and in that respect, I'm really excited to see what direction the developer's plan on going.
BIRDS.

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2019, 11:56:56 pm »

It is.

There are at least 3 chapters, this is first one.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2019, 03:35:10 am »

It is.

There are at least 3 chapters, this is first one.
There are six, each in a different age. Hence the name.

JanPospisil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2019, 04:48:51 am »

Yup, we've been working on the second game for a while now. :)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2019, 10:26:52 am »

Wow, that is an incredibly garbage restriction. Guess I won't be playing this either.

Seconded, unfortunately. It's barely advertised and Six Ages was the second game I've ever refunded on Steam.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2019, 03:31:22 pm »

Hey, I'm not that out of the loop. : P

What I meant to say is, Ride Like the Wind strikes me as a part of the story told at a time when the world still makes sense. I'm eager to see what happens when the world stops making sense.
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]