Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death  (Read 29368 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 37): Bird of Prey
« Reply #315 on: December 02, 2019, 12:05:31 pm »

This thing is aggressive but stupid. Take off our shirt and fight it like a bull fighter, luring it to charge at the side of us, and stabbing at it as it goes past.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 37): Bird of Prey
« Reply #316 on: December 03, 2019, 03:12:23 am »

This thing is aggressive but stupid. Take off our shirt and fight it like a bull fighter, luring it to charge at the side of us, and stabbing at it as it goes past.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death
« Reply #317 on: December 03, 2019, 08:14:49 am »

(5-1=4)VS(6)You grab a particularly sharp looking and thick stick and take off what's left of your shirt, waving it around above your head. The beast doesn't seem to care about the shirt, but keeps it's eyes on you as it recovers from it's charge. Then, with a complete lack of noise, it suddenly begins charging at you once more. You're surprised by the suddenness of it's charge and try to dodge the charge once more, only for the bird-beast to spread it's wings wide and let out a second ear-piercing screech! You are halted in your movements and fall to your knees, the night's events rather suddenly catching up to your poor legs, and it is all you can do to point the sharp end of the stick at the beast.

The last moments of your life seem to happen one after the other in an instant so small you barely have time to react. One second you are on your knees, stick pointed towards the charging bird-beast, and then you're flying through the air. You feel a sharp pain in your back and an extreme crushing sensation as darkness envelops your vision... and then, for a moment, it stops. The darkness retreats, revealing the form of the beast lurching backwards and roaring in... pain?

Through the red haze of your vision and the suffocating pain present in your torso, you recognise one last thing before you die. Embedded in the beast's chest, in the flesh you noticed at the very beginning, is the stick that once rested in your hands. You feel a sudden sense of satisfaction as you realise that you're not the only loser in this fight and that, in a way, the scar you left your opponent with will last long after you are gone. It will never truly of defeated you.

Then you feel no more.

Coming up next time on The History of a Tribe: The issue of the chieftain's heir! Will the tribe stick to elective tradition and elect Ealrad, despite his position as a shaman? Will new rules be created to restrict the powers of the chieftain, or will the position's tyranny and abuse continue? If they don't accept Ealrad, who will they choose? Will the tribe descend into civil war?

Oh who am I kidding, of course they'll descend into civil war! With the Loyalists, Traditionalists and Schismists all so eager to ensure their beliefs become dominant, the tribe is almost certainly doomed to fall into the throes of a deadly civil war they literally can't afford! After all, humans aren't the only sapient race in this world any more...

(1)One day, the ground begins to shake lightly and you hear a loud, thunderous noise in the distance. When you look outside nothing seems to of changed, but you have a feeling that something very important just happened very far away.
Feel free to react to what's happened and this new piece of information I've given you. An update detailing the tribe's unstable political position and allowing you to choose a faction will be up tomorrow.

In the mean time, here's a vote for you all to enjoy.
A: The game shall continue as an SG, where you decide the actions of one faction leader.
B: Each faction shall be a separate entity with it's own stats, advantages and disadvantages. Each faction will have a maximum of 3 players, who act as major commanders of a faction, with 2 acting as important commanders below the leader. A character sheet will be given asking you to provide a backstory for your character, what faction they support and their name, age, gender. Before the game begins, each commander of a faction will be asked to vote on which one of them should be the leader of their faction. This will affect the game a lot - a faction with 3 commanders where the leader has all 3 votes will be more coherent, stable and powerful than one with only 2 players, or one with 3 players that can't agree on a leader.

Note that, as with the base SG, you will have a lot of freedom when it comes to deciding what to do. However, major commander actions will only affect a certain percentage of their faction while the leader's actions are followed by an entire faction unless one of his commanders specifically refuses to listen to him.

Note that this is a basic summary of a system that I haven't developed in case it's not wanted, but things like drawing members from other factions and bringing more of the faction members under your direct control would also be allowed. PMing would be accepted and counted as decisions the person making them wanted hidden. Also, if you PMed other players, I'd appreciate it if you filled me in on whatever happens in those PMs.

This game would, hopefully, only last until one faction is able to achieve a position of dominance over the others, at which point the game would continue as a SG. Peaceful negotiation between factions would not be accepted for a set amount of time since the beginning of the civil war. However, I do have an idea ready for if the civil war lasts a certain number of years.

Also, no, none of you will be geniuses unless the dice say so. There needs to be some time progression god damn it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 08:43:02 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 03, 2019, 08:31:40 am »

A: The game shall continue as an SG, where you decide the actions of one faction leader.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 03, 2019, 08:50:10 am »

A

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 03, 2019, 10:24:49 am »

B

might be a nice change of pace.

I do wonder why the bird thing was so invested in us... :(
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 03, 2019, 11:04:49 am »

B sounds interesting

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2019, 11:40:55 am »

A 
B sounds interesting though. 

How about a C option.  brainstorming here. 
What if, let's say we SG 2 to 3 actions, based on 2-3 factions within the same tribe? 

1 for leadership (labor pool, resource gathering, combat, protection) executive branch
2 for shaman (rules, law, tradition, religion, magic) legislative branch
3 for science (research, technology, infrastructure building, quality of life, logic) judicial branch 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2019, 11:45:44 am »

A 
B sounds interesting though. 

How about a C option.  brainstorming here. 
What if, let's say we SG 2 to 3 actions, based on 2-3 factions within the same tribe? 

1 for leadership (labor pool, resource gathering, combat, protection) executive branch
2 for shaman (rules, law, tradition, religion, magic) legislative branch
3 for science (research, technology, infrastructure building, quality of life, logic) judicial branch
The wording of the list is confusing, are you talking about 6 actions total or are the numbers just denoting a separation of the suggestions?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 03, 2019, 12:02:25 pm »

I was just brain storming. 

1 SG action for a chief would focus on combat (forest), exploring (the hole), or send labor pool to gather resources (food). 

1 SG action for a shaman leader interprets what the laws for the tribe (images written in rocks, what does it mean?), as well as research magic (thunder-stones). 

1 SG action for a science leader would be leading tech research, including building infrastructure (wall/door) and new items (bed matting). 

And I suppose, each leader can propose a day off, break, vacation, or reason to party. 

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 03, 2019, 12:39:46 pm »

I mean sure, something similar to that might be a nice system for governing the tribe that you could set up in the future, but it seems like you don't quite understand the situation. There will be a civil war because, after your chief left in a rather disgracing manner(more on that in the update), the people of the tribe rolled a 1-1=0 and three factions formed that each sought to place their own leader at the head of the tribe. They have now turned to violence. If A is chosen, the SG continues from the perspective of the faction leader you guys choose to play, probably Ealrad. If B is chosen, there will be a minigame of sorts with up to 3 players for each faction fighting for their faction's control over the tribe while also trying to ensure the safety of their position within the faction.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2019, 01:45:26 pm »

A sounds to me less confusing.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext