Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Brute: SG  (Read 32165 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Brute: SG
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2019, 02:58:17 pm »

E

Set off for the tower of Lorchus, but try and determine if there's any useful stops along the route we take... the capital, perhaps, or that dwarven fortress.
I don't know what the geography of this world is like; we might be able to sneak a couple secondary stops into our journey.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2019, 03:48:44 pm »

D

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2019, 06:43:04 pm »

D

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2019, 10:35:38 pm »

E
Order whoever amongst our champions happens to be the best at pathfinding to lead us to the tower of Lorchus.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 10:53:06 pm by m1895 »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2019, 12:44:32 am »

D

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2019, 02:58:40 am »

E

Set off for the tower of Lorchus, but try and determine if there's any useful stops along the route we take... the capital, perhaps, or that dwarven fortress.
I don't know what the geography of this world is like; we might be able to sneak a couple secondary stops into our journey.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2019, 07:49:27 am »

E

+1
+1

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2019, 10:29:27 am »

E

Your council confers and comes up with a few options for you to choose. While they don’t really understand why you want to go north, there are a few options to visit.

A. The Mountain King’s Hall. Even you have heard of this place, for its wealth was nigh unimaginable. A whole human kingdom was supported by selling foodstuffs and other goods to it. No one other than a dwarf may enter its halls, though. But for men who would follow you into the Abyss itself, it is nothing.

B. Citadel of Cernas. A rival kingdoms fortress on the border of your homeland. Might be a good place to either sack, or perhaps forge unity against the Abyss.

C.The Dark Scar. A large Orcish fortress from which prowl maurader bands and hordes of warriors. Might be a good place to investigate.

D. None of those are interesting. Onwards to Lorchus!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2019, 10:54:06 am »

C

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2019, 10:58:58 am »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2019, 04:00:43 pm »

C

Your destination and route decided, you move your camp away from the city and battleground. The provisions from the city arrive, and though it is simple fare, you and your champions tear into it with relish.

However, your champions soon start to become sick, throwing up violently and laying on the ground, unable to move. You yourself feel slightly sluggish. As you run water to the sick, you hear the march of hundreds of men. The city guards have come for you. The knights leading it seem to be surprised and dismayed to see you on your feet. They confer quickly and shout at you,

“Surrender yourself to us, and we will take care of your poisoned men!”

What do you do?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2019, 04:10:06 pm »

I am loath to begin fighting our fellow men, but surrender is not an option.

Give a show of strength to intimidate the city guards, and demand antidote to the poison and fresh supplies.

Hopefully this will work since this is pure intimidation based on strength, and not real diplomacy.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2019, 04:13:21 pm »

Force them to heal our men, tell them (and follow through on this promise) that we will kill 100 of their men for every one of ours who succumbs to this treacherous poisoning.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2019, 04:14:13 pm »

Force them to heal our men, tell them (and follow through on this promise) that we will kill 100 of their men for every one of ours who succumbs to this treacherous poisoning.
+1

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2019, 06:15:14 pm »

You stride toward them, anger blazing in your heart. How could they be so stupid, so blind? The Knight walls forward, as if to accept your surrender. You continue your pace. He commands you to halt. You do not. He unsheathes his sword and brings it down in a heavy chop. You grab the blade with your bare hand, stopping it cold. He pales as you stare into his eyes.

You squeeze, and the blade shatters.

He stumbles back in a panic as you look at your hand, blood trickling down as your body already begins to heal itself. You glare at the Knight who has vexed you so.
“Healing for my men. Now.”
He stammers for a moment, “Well, we actually... don’t have a cure for the poisen. Most will survive though-“

You pick him up and hurl him as hard as you could manage, high and far in the direction of the city. His cry quickly fades from earshot. The 500 or so guards still in fear.

You look over the crowd of men and point to a young guard.
“Go back to the city and grab all the priests you can. The rest of you will stand vigil in prayer to the gods above for the survival of these men. And pray earnestly, for every man who dies I will claim 100 lives from you.”

All 500 lay down their weapons under your watchful gaze. A few try to flee, but when you run in front of them they quickly return. Some volunteer to help nurse the poisoned, and the rest form a circle and pray and hope.

The priest come, and the vigil lasts throughout the night as you wait.

In the morning, the sickness breaks. 20 of your men are dead. The guards tremble in fear for the cost as you stand in judgement before them.

What do you do?
A. Their lives are now forfeit, but you will use them. They may choose between joining you on your quest or death.
B. Kill them all, then kill 1500 more in the city to claim your price. Bloodthirsty but will satisfy your champions.
C. Something else?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28