Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: Brute: SG  (Read 32415 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brute: SG
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2019, 09:26:18 am »

Made a minor edit to my suggestion. Specifically:
A. We said we will claim their lives, not destroy them. We are now due 2,000 men. They may not be able to pay the full price, but make it clear that in time, we will need it due, with interest - say, a levy of 2,500 men should be given to us by the time their payment is completed. Attempting to refuse this price will lead directly to death.
After all, we have a war against hell itself to win.

Any objections? There shouldn't be, since this is supposed to be implicit in A, but I want to check.

None whatsoever. +1
+1
+1
+1
+1

But do it with strength
+1 (what is meant by this?)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2019, 09:36:04 am »

Made a minor edit to my suggestion. Specifically:
A. We said we will claim their lives, not destroy them. We are now due 2,000 men. They may not be able to pay the full price, but make it clear that in time, we will need it due, with interest - say, a levy of 2,500 men should be given to us by the time their payment is completed. Attempting to refuse this price will lead directly to death.

Any objections? There shouldn't be, since this is supposed to be implicit in A, but I want to check.

None whatsoever. +1
+1
+1
+1
+1

But do it with strength
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2019, 09:43:26 am »

How does talking use strength! Unless I’m missing something

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2019, 09:45:30 am »

I would think that leadership would apply more, but we could use another show of strength to intimidate them to do as we say.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2019, 05:45:50 pm »

You look over the assembled, terrified men.
“You’re lives are mine now, to spend as I wish. Your deaths will not come this day, unless by your choice. You will die in the dark, fighting against the monstrous and cruel. But I will promise that you will not die alone, that those who wish to see humanity enslaved or extinguished will fear your coming. We all will die one day. Let us make that day one that makes our foes tremble to remember!”

All 500 agree to serve. The city scrapes together another 500 men to give to you. The Lord of the city is stone faced when his son says goodbye to his mother and father and kneels before you pledging his service. Armound Barrel, the son of the lord, said that he was ashamed of his city’s actions, and if he had to give his life to expunge the city of its sins, so be it. The 1000 did cheer up a bit to hear of his noble sacrifice.

And so you departed for the Dark Scar. You have enough food for your party (and some camp followers) to comfortably reach the orc fortress about 12-13 days march.

Do you:

A. Send scouts to nearby villages and towns to gather information and ask for donations and volunteers. Will slow you down some.

B. Focus on reaching the Dark Scar. You will remain with the main group to protect against attack.

C. Something else?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2019, 05:49:11 pm »

B

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2019, 05:50:55 pm »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2019, 06:31:26 pm »

B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2019, 08:50:39 pm »

B

You march through the kingdoms lands. It is beautiful, and you soak in the sights that you had never had the chance to see before. Villages, towns and rivers. There were scars and burned villages, but you see no more demons for the moment.

After a week you see fewer villages and towns, and the land becomes harder as you approach the Dark Scar. You know the stories, of how a thriving city was ruined by a dark ritual, and the orcs came and turned it into a dark fortress where disobedient children are taken.

Late on the 9th day, war horns erupt around your party, and great dark green monsters poured out of the scrabbly hills around you. The orcs had laid an ambush. There were hundreds, thousands even. Your men begin to cry out in panic.

What do you do?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2019, 09:35:17 pm »

Rally the troops, and lead them to glorious and overwhelming victory! We have the enemy surrounded from the inside! These orcs are nothing compared to the legions of hell, and they shall be nothing to us - and when we are finished, they'll be nothing to everyone else, too!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2019, 09:40:12 pm »

Rally the troops, and lead them to glorious and overwhelming victory! We have the enemy surrounded from the inside! These orcs are nothing compared to the legions of hell, and they shall be nothing to us - and when we are finished, they'll be nothing to everyone else, too!
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2019, 09:42:47 pm »

+1
+1 Orc meat for all

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2019, 11:43:07 pm »

“Men, stand your ground! These are nothing compared to the legions of hell!” You command, your voice rolling through the valley. A few more orders and you leapt through the air.

You came down like a meteor, slamming into the orcs ranks, splattering rock and dirt and blood over the surrounding orcs. They were quick, shifting their charge back to you. You blade flashed out, slicing them down, bodies bisected and heads flying. Some few meet your blade with their own weapons, but they couldn’t resist the Sword of Man. You kick out, foot slamming into a charging berserker. His chest broke and he flew back into the mob behind hi, knocking and breaking them down. You were a whirlwind, dealing death where ever you strode.

Your champions held the line, fighting like demons. The orcs came like a tide of pure ferocity. But they held strong. Where it seems to weaken, you carve a path to and buy a reprieve, and then make your way to the next point.
The horns sounded again when you tore the head off of one particularly large orc. The orc horde made a fairly coherent retreat, with a rearguard that didn’t relent even as you cut them down.

Near around a thousand orcs lay dead, for the cost a few dozen men, and none of your champions. There had never been a battle like this. Always the orc was the wolf to the human sheep. That changed today.

You march on, and though you see Orcish scouts occasionally, no large force opposes until you reach the outskirts of the Black Scar.
The first thing that grabs your eye is the large crevice that goes into the earth. It is perhaps a mile long and half as wide. All around it are large steel and iron walls, and a fortress that rises from the middle. Several causeways lead into it.

And those causeways are filled with orcs. Already the plains are full of them. Not just the lightly equipped orcs you fought earlier. These are armored head to go in steel. Your men give you the report. At least 40,000 wait for you down there, with more pouring from the fortress. 

You are now at the Black Scar. What do you do?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2019, 12:56:30 am »

"Behold, men: the training yard! You proved yourselves in the ambush - now, hone your skills further! I'll make champions of you yet!"

I'll Make A Man Out Of You plays in the background, just because it's a good song.

EDIT: More fun things are happening.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:16:38 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2019, 12:59:04 am »

"Behold, men: the training yard! You proved yourselves in the ambush - now, hone your skills further! I'll make champions of you yet!"

I'll Make A Man Out Of You plays in the background, just because it's a good song.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28