Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will win based on the latest evidence?

Kestrel
- 0 (0%)
Thunderbird (masterwork)
- 0 (0%)
Muskox
- 0 (0%)
Polar Bear
- 0 (0%)
Captured Siegers
- 1 (100%)
Giant Beetles
- 0 (0%)
Blue Dragon (masterwork)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: January 19, 2020, 01:22:04 pm

Author Topic: How to decrease the invader pop requirement  (Read 1006 times)

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
How to decrease the invader pop requirement
« on: January 16, 2020, 01:18:39 pm »

I have a fortress from a dead civ, and would like to get some invaders - my trap hall has gone untested for too long. WE NEED (goblin cage(rough wood)) DESPERATELY! The thunderbird and various large wildlife in my arena are not going to wait forever for carnage!
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to decrease the invader pop requirement
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 04:52:05 pm »

In the folder /raw/objects edit the text file entity_default.txt (with a regular text editor). Scroll down to [entity_evil] (that's the goblins). There will be 3 tags:
[Progress_Trigger_Pop_Siege]
[Progress_Trigger_Prod_Siege]
[Progress_Trigger_Trade_Siege]

Followed by a number.
For pop, set it to:
0: Disabled (no gobbos)
1: 20 pop
2: 50 pop
3: 80 pop (default)
4: 110 pop
5: 140 pop

Prod is fortress wealth
Trade is exported wealth
These default to 0 but can be set 1-5 also.
Corresponding wealth value can be found here:
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token

Apparently works OK mid-save too, in that case you need to edit the raws in the folder /data/save/region1/raw/objects instead.
(Region1 being the name of your world).

A lot of raw edits don't work mid-save, this one's OK, but don't get too experimental in the save folder raws.

Oh, and if you have any spare dorfs, launching a raid on any other civ will bypass the population triggers and they'll come siege you soon.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:59:51 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 06:25:46 pm »

Caution! If your civ is TRULY dead (as per DF's buggy definition: Completely empty civ civ subscreen at embark, never a monark, never a dwarven caraven, two "fixed" migrant waves [at most]) raiding is not possible, because any "armies" you send out will not be moved on the world map, presumably because army movement is a civ level task, and those tasks are not performed (this is presumed to be a bug).
Most civs that ought to be dead are "merely struggling" according to DF...

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 06:30:40 pm »

I do not have any spare dorfs, as I have only gotten the hardcoded waves and even migrants-now has not worked, presumably because there are no living dwarves outside of my fortress to migrate to it. It appears that my civ is dead. So I don't want to waste any dorfs. In fact, I have resorted to spawning anole people and tweaking them to be part of my civ.

Also that means I have to change the pop trigger to 1 on every entity file since I have Masterwork installed.

Also if I am truly playing a dead civ, that means:
Humans, dwarves,kobolds,orcs and succubi ARE ALL EXTINCT.
Because you cannot play a dead civ if there are any living playable ones.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 03:49:04 am »

I played dead civs and tried to make multi racial fortresses by accepting petitions from visitors before raids were introduced, with partial success (I managed to get breeding pops of humans and either elves or gobbos, depending on fortress). However, if all playable race civs are extinct, I'd expect visitors to be rare as well (if the mod has non playable race civs that are not automatically hostile, playable race members may still come as visitors from those civs, and then may also be members of hostile civs).

I'd export the world's Legends info an take a look at the state in Legends Viewer to see what the situation is.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to decrease the invader pop requirement
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 01:21:36 pm »

Weel, nagas exist, but they don´t trade.
Warwolves, werebeasts, vampires, yuan-ti, goblinoids, fey-ri, beak wolves, blendecs and raptormen are all perma-hostile.
Oh! Halflings!
They trade and only go to war if you provoke them!
Dragon born are the same! YEAH!
And tieflings for some reason.

My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to decrease the invader pop requirement(and make the game load faster)
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 01:23:23 pm »

It also takes seven minutes to load a save. Any ideas?
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 03:08:21 pm »

Does it also take about 7 minutes to create the save?
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 12:25:14 pm »

No. It takes ten, presumably because it has to store the terrain, minerals and waterbodies as well as the civs and wildlife.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll