Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Df mod rise of mushroom kingdom questions.  (Read 3490 times)

njolma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Df mod rise of mushroom kingdom questions.
« on: October 20, 2019, 11:25:47 am »

Is anyone here experienced with this mod and able to answer a few questions for me? If so I am running a koopa fortress and was wondering what  pets are grazers, what stray beanlett tame has been infected with a virus means and what needs do koopas have besides a bed and a nest box? More esoteric info is always welcome I plan to try to write a info guide since none appear to exist but time savings is helpful. Thank you all

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Df mod rise of mushroom kingdom questions.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 01:56:22 pm »

I think you'll get more answers in the relevant modding thread for your mod, or perhaps on their dffd page.
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."

njolma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 03:39:51 pm »

Dffd?

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 03:43:57 pm »

Dwarf Fortress File Depot. Where people can upload mods or community fortress saves without having to muck about with other filesharing sites.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 03:54:50 pm »

Don't mind me, just trying to help....they're talking about the thread and its various downloads, organized by DF version, of course.

njolma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 04:21:30 pm »

Yeah these questions dont get answered in thread or in text file in the download. This is kinda a hail mary hoping to find folks who've played it

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 11:38:41 pm »

I think the other option is to rephrase your question slightly and ask it in a different place.

Instead of asking 'who knows' ask 'how can I find out' (by diving into the RAWs or other files) and by asking it on the modding sub-board where people are familiar with the location(s) of these definitions.  Perhaps the general modding questions thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168353.0 or the creatures and entities questions thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110027.0.

Best of luck.  :)

njolma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 01:27:24 pm »

Very helpful input. Thank you all. I dont mind working for the answers just had NO idea where to look and it's a full conversion mod so its huge.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 01:49:47 pm »

Modded hell in Community Games uses the mod, in case you're curious about how it plays.

For grazers, you can check raws, but tbh I'd just regularly check the dfhack filter on grazers. For virus, can check the raws, but it might be more intresting to wall them off and observe what happens.

(Never used the mod myself.)