Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broadening Interrogation  (Read 2694 times)

Thoth1972

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Broadening Interrogation
« on: October 21, 2019, 11:31:13 pm »

The new interogation and conversation changes are very exciting, and I can't wait to track my way up and down all sorts of organizations. But I was wondering how broad the new system will be. Will we be able to ask about information unconnected to any particular organization, like writing formats, song styles, and historical info? It would mean a lot to expanding adventure mode and diversify the stuff you could do, like be a scholar or a musician or choregrapher. At least it would make things a lot easier.

Also, I think apprenticeship would be interesting, which would be similar to interrogation mode, since you are trying to glean information in both cases. Someone to teach you martial arts or oration or something could gradually give you more information that they have as you gain their favor/do their bidding.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Broadening Interrogation
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 11:49:08 pm »

It would be great to see it broadened over the long-term, but Toady is already pretty squashed on development time for this release (considering it was supposed to be done last year). I think a basic system is good enough for now, for Toady to add to and broaden over future releases.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Broadening Interrogation
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 12:15:10 am »

The new system is a verbal combat system. Not really suited to just asking about art forms. That'd need something new again, which probably is out of scope for this release. (not villains related). For the future, sure. Easier ways of getting historical info would be great.

--
Verbal combat, ha, brings back good memories.
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 12:18:16 am by Shonai_Dweller »