Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [DF Premium]/[47.05] Monsters Of Majesty (UPDATED: 12/10/2022)  (Read 12056 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
[DF Premium]/[47.05] Monsters Of Majesty (UPDATED: 12/10/2022)
« on: October 22, 2019, 08:12:47 pm »

################################################################################################################
Hey folks, for the past some months ive been working on a mod that adds some of the creatures from the awesome fantasy kingdom simulation game Majesty and its spinoffs to Dwarf Fotress!
################################################################################################################

The following creatures/beasts/secrets are all implemented in the mod, i will add more to them as i go:

Most of the creatures are named as they were in Majesty, however i had to rename some of them so they can be distinguished in dwarf fortress.

Almost all of them are trainable, and have additional abilities I may or may not mention

Hooligan

These slackards often skulk about settlements looking to cause mischief. Sovereigns and their agents must often keep an alert eye on such hooligans.
Abilities:
They talk nonsense constantly
Can Learn
Cannot Speak except when they speak nonsense
Will attempt to steal beer, items, and food from your fortress quite randomly

Giant Forest Rat

A huge rodent found all over the world. Twice the size of a giant cave rat!
Abilities:
The hunt in packs and are incredibly common
Have difficulty 2, so you level up faster when fighting them

Huge Rat

A huge rodent found underground. Twice the size of a giant rat!
Abilities:
The hunt in packs and are incredibly common
They have darker fur
Have difficulty 2, so you level up faster when fighting them
Lives underground

Gargantuan Rat

A gargantuan rodent found underground. Four times the size of a huge rat!
Abilities:
The hunt in packs
Have difficulty 3, so you level up faster when fighting them then you do with the previous rat tiers
Lives underground

Supergargantuan Rat

A supergargantuan rodent found underground. Four times the size of a gargantuan rat!
Abilities:
Have difficulty 4, so you level up faster when fighting them then you do with the previous rat tiers
Lives underground

Ridiculous Rat

I apologize for the blurriness of this image, i made this one up so i dont have an image from majesty i just thought it would fit.
A ridiculously enormous rodent found underground. Four times the size of a supergargantuan rat!
Abilities:
Have difficulty 5, so you level up faster when fighting them then you do with the previous rat tiers
As big as a sperm whale
Lives underground

Hell Bear

Foul tempered and malicious, Hell Bears savagely attack any heroes who stray too close to their lairs. The remnants of their many victims are strewn about their dens.
Abilities:
Have difficulty 3
Has no fear
Lives in Forests and Taiga

Giant Forest Spider

These deadly arachnids are said to have been selectively bred by the Grisnot tribe of Goblins. Intended to be guard beasts, the Spiders swiftly devoured their would be masters as they slept.
Abilities:
Can Ambush
Necrotic Bite
Building Destroyer 1
Difficulty 3
Legendary Climber
Live In Forests

Huge Spider

This mutated form of the common giant forest spider is twice the size of the common giant forest spider.
Abilities:
Can Ambush
Twice the size of the giant forest spider
Necrotic Bite
Building Destroyer 2
Difficulty 4
Legendary Climber
Live in forests

Web Spider

This mutated form of the common giant forest spider is rarer than the common forest spiders and capable of using webs to capture their unfortunate pray. They are always hungry and fond of the darkness.
Abilities:
Difficulty 4
Can Ambush
Can Shoot Webs
Necrotic Bite
Legendary Climber
Live In Forests and Taigas

Varg

Vargs are cunning and evil relatives of the common wolf. They attack with viciously sharp claws and fangs.
Abilities:
Hunt In Packs
Have powerful Bites and Scratch attacks (2x stronger than wolf)
Larger than wolves
Live In Many Places
Are Adequate Innately in most combat skills

Plains Minotaur

Minotaurs are twisted creatures. But fearsome warriors. Legend has it that an ancient zealot created the first of them to serve in his army as shock troops. Minotaurs now roam throughout the land in raiding parties and woe betide their victims.
Abilities:
Hunt In Large Groups
Can Speak
Can Learn
Extremely Tall
Extremely Large
High Basal Combat skills
Can Equip Weapons
Can Join Civilizations
Live in Plains Biomes

Silver Varg

Rumored to be an evolution of vargs from the werewolf virus, these predators are quickly gaining a reputation for being one of the toughest creatures in the world
Abilities:
Hunt In Packs
Are Skilled Innately in most combat skills
Have even more powerful Bites and Scratch attacks than the Vargs
Much Larger than Vargs
Live In Forests, Taiga and Mountains
More valuable body parts than vargs
Difficulty 4

Mountain Bear

Relatives of the hell bear, these mountain bears are fairly reminiscent of the saber tooth tigers of yore. Mountain bears rip their prey to shreds before they even start feeding.
Abilities:
Twice the Size of  Hell Bears
Has two giant Saber Teeth which can be made into totems
Very powerful bites
Lives in Mountains

Dire Bear

Dire bears are mountain bears who strew far away from the mountains and became twisted by the powers of krolms anvil. They are twice the size and more then twice as powerful and three times more annoying.
Abilities:
Twice the size of Mountain Bears
Has two giant Saber Teeth which can be made into totems which are much much larger then those of the mountain bear.
Ridiculously powerful bites, can insta kill an unarmored human with one bite to the torso
Lives in Savage Mountains and Savage Forests
Difficulty 5

Bloodbear

An even more vicious cousin of the Hellbear, Bloodbears lair in caves in forested areas. Usually solitary, woe on those unlucky heroes that find mated pairs...these creatures are so incredibly single-minded in their agression, even cultists have trouble charming them. Their hides are valuable, though...
Abilities:
Sucks Blood with each bite (one bite can make a human pale) A few bites can drain them of blood completely. Have !FUN! It probably instantly drains dwarves, but i havent tested that. meh
Hunts in groups of two or one
Has extremely valuable body parts
Lives in Forests and Undergound
Difficulty 4

Shadow Beast

These nearly undetectable, undead creatures run swiftly and can claw through even the strongest armor. It is rumored that they are pets --- though to whom no one knows (or wants to find out)
Abilities:
Undead
Lives in Evil Regions
Opposed to all life
Has Steel claws and teeth
Has 3 horns on their head with which to gore and slash their unfortunate prey
Can move at ridiculous speeds
Has Talented dodger as a natural skill
Hunts in Packs
Several other competant natural skills
Has difficulty 6

Shadow Stalker

A more powerful variety of Shadow Beast, only the most powerful dark beings of the world can control a Shadow Stalker.
Abilities:
Has all the Abilities of Shadow Beasts
Is larger than a shadow beast
Has Steel horns
Is Talented in multiple skills naturally
Is an Expert dodger
Can Ambush
Has a spell that lets it hide in plain sight called "Stalk The Shadows"
Is rarer than shadow beasts
Has a difficulty of 8

Medusa

These abominations formed the core of scrylia the Serpent queen's dreaded legions. They joined the Harpies in their rebellion against the serpent Queen, ending her rein of terror.
Abilities:
Has three large tails which it slithers around on in order to move (And it can lash its opponents with the tails aswell)
Has snakes instead of hair (Ten of them to be exact)
Has a weak paralyzing bite
Can Open Doors
Can Avoid Traps
Can escape From Cage Traps
Trainable
Difficulty of 4
Can Pick Locks
Lives in wetlands and subterranean rivers and aquifers
Can live 1000 years

Greater Gorgon

Greater gorgons are strong, half-human serpentine creatures that often travel with Medusae. They can petrify humans with their terrible magic. They can also summon additional Medusae.
Abilities:
Has all the abilities of a medusa.
Very rare, and travels only one at a time, not in a group.
3 times larger then medusa
Can cast the spell "Petrify" once a week, which temporarily paralyzes their opponents without killing them.(Its also resistible)
Can cast the spell "Summon Medusa" as much as they want which summons a medusa
Has a small amount of natural combat skills
Cannot Die Of Old Age
Has difficulty of 6

UNDEAD/SECRETS:

Greater Wight (Secret)

These undead have existed for thousands of years, and have gained power almost unparallelled.
They can experiment and build towers with their undead as well as summon fourth wights.
Abilities:
Can Summon Shadow Stalkers
Can Cast Animate
Can Cast Animate Skeleton
Can cast raise mist
Can Cast raise lesser wight
They can survive even having their head cut off.

Wight

Malevolent undead who have kept most of their intellect and magical ability. They are created by Greater Wights
Abilities:
Can Summon Shadow Beast
Can Cast Animate
Can cast raise mist
They are very strong and tough

Liche (Secret)

Liches are a cult of former priestesses who serve their new mistress, the Liche Queen, even past her death.
They can experiment and build towers with their undead as well as summon fourth specters.
Abilities:
Can Summon Shadow Beasts
Can Cast Animate
Can Cast Paralytic Gaze
Can Cast raise specter

Specter

The specter is a guardian of the resting places of powerful undead. If you manage to defeat them, be aware the ones they protect are far more dangerous.
Abilities:
Can Cast Force Push
Is Very Strong and Tough, even more so than a Wight, but cannot raise the dead and has limited casting prowess

Zombie (Created with Animate Spell)

Playthings of the liche and Wight. Zombies are strong and dangerous in large numbers. They are attracted to the scent of life and will try to extinguish it wherever it is found.
Abilities:
They are tougher than vanilla undead and are represented with a green z

Skeleton (Created with Animate Skeleton Spell)

These animated bones are raised through necromantic spells of dark origin.
Abilities:
Everything thats rottable is rotted away (it rots as much as possible immediately, sometimes stuff is left still though)
They are faster than zombies but way less able to take a punch
Represented by white s with yellow background

Plants:

Ardanian shroom:
Used to make ardanian wine and grows in the same conditions as plump helmets, just for some flavor.
Some dwarves perfer it for its "ties to chaos" and "chaotic flavor" or its "ties to occultism"

MEGABEASTS:
Vendral

Vendral, the two-headed dragon is thought to be little more than an ancient myth. The frontier around the Hellfire Mountains, known to the locals as the Mountains of Doom, has been settled for nearly a century. Expeditions into the heart of the mountainous range began this spring. The heroes undertaking this quest have yet to return with word of their adventures..
Abilities:
-Is a Megabeast
-Has Blue Scales
-Is a two Headed Dragon
-Starts off the size of a fully grown vanilla dragon and can get a little bigger
-Is a Legendary Liar
-Lairs in Shrines and Simple Burrows
-Collects Treasure and Trophies and can have nests inside of their lairs
-Attacks at the same time a vanilla dragon would attack

I don't overwrite any vanilla files so this should be compatible with just about every other mod, just add my raw files to your raw folder or just simply download on the steam workshop!

DOWNLOAD CLASSIC HERE

DOWNLOAD PREMIUM HERE

Steam Workshop Version Here

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 12:47:46 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12]Monsters Of Majesty Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 03:37:14 am »

Just posting to say I'm glad there's someone else who remembers Majesty, and all its loving parody glory.  :)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 06:23:42 pm »

Just posting to say I'm glad there's someone else who remembers Majesty, and all its loving parody glory.  :)

I absolutely love majesty and i plan to add even more stuff from majesty to this. I am also re-playing the whole game right now.
If you haven't you should try out Heroes Of Ardania its this old free browser based rpg where you play as a hero (from majesty) in ardania(The place where that game happens) you can be whatever you want eg a krolm barbarian, a ranger, whatever. I took some monsters from that aswell. (Its a spinoff). Thats kinda where i got the idea for this mod.
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 08:17:50 pm »

I have updated the Mod with the shadow beast line! These things are scary! I Tried to keep them as close to the game as possible including the horns and skin and such.

Shadow Beast

These nearly undetectable, undead creatures run swiftly and can claw through even the strongest armor. It is rumored that they are pets --- though to whom no one knows (or wants to find out)
Abilities:
Undead
Lives in Evil Regions
Opposed to all life
Has Steel claws and teeth
Has 3 horns on their head with which to gore and slash their unfortunate prey
Can move at ridiculous speeds
Has Talented dodger as a natural skill
Hunts in Packs
Several other competant natural skills
Has difficulty 6

Shadow Stalker

A more powerful variety of Shadow Beast, only the most powerful dark beings of the world can control a Shadow Stalker.
Abilities:
Has all the Abilities of Shadow Beasts
Is larger than a shadow beast
Has Steel horns
Is Talented in multiple skills naturally
Is an Expert dodger
Can Ambush
Has a spell that lets it hide in plain sight called "Stalk The Shadows"
Is rarer than shadow beasts
Has a difficulty of 8

Download link is in OP
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:45:51 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 08:39:19 pm »

Alright, so right out the gate I'm gonna voice disapproval.

While I understand trying to keep to the lore of Majesty and that DF is not an inherently well-balanced game, these things would game-end any fort short of very old ones with a lot of highly trained soldiers with legendary natural skills and ambusher coupled with adamantine-hard slashy-bitey bits.

I'd dial back the hardness of their attacking parts to a bit better than Steel, which should be be plenty strong enough to wreck a lot of armor and cap the skills to around 6-8 - which is still more than double what world gen soldiers generally have (average for most soldiers is skill 3 in their weapon and other combat skills.)

Instant death creatures are no fun to fight against and this sort of creature would discourage settling evil biomes at all or encourage a "button up, hide, abuse cage trap mechanics" playstyle which not everyone abides by or enjoys.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 09:01:45 pm »

Yeah ill probably nerf them, i was going to make their claws obsidian instead of adamantine, but steel sounds good. And the skill caps i suppose. I may have gone a bit overboard with them :P
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:04:00 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 09:03:22 pm »

Obsidian is actually pretty terrible right now for combat. It's servicable against unarmed threats like wolves, or badgers, but it's definitely not gonna be busting bronze armor.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 09:28:28 pm »

Obsidian is actually pretty terrible right now for combat. It's servicable against unarmed threats like wolves, or badgers, but it's definitely not gonna be busting bronze armor.

Okay, i nerfed them, Shadow Beasts now have steel claws/teeth
Shadow stalkers have steel horns
There skills are not legendary anymore, in fact the shadow beast is just competent in combat skills, and talented at dodging, while the shadow stalker is now talented at combat skills and an expert at dodging and in the arena it seems pretty well balanced so :) (The skills are now what you suggested)

Me being an indie game dev i understand why you did not approve of that kind of ridiculousness :P and i most definitely agreed.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 10:11:13 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 05:41:00 pm »

Im thinking i may add the bosses from the game as megabeasts
I am an indie game dev!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 06:15:07 pm »

I'm sure there's a few you could get out of it. been a long while since I played, but The Abomination, Vendral, Url Shekk, and Rrongol the Hunter would probably be reasonable choices.

Vendral: Megabeast due to destructive potential. Smaller than vanilla dragons with blue scales and red eyes, Vendrals are two-headed dragons that are also extremely tough. Bronze-hard scales would probably simulate that reasonably well.

Url Shekk: Three-headed reptilian monster, possibly related to hydras.  Probably with some decent natural skills so it can put up a fight.

Rongol: Reptilian humanoid Semi-megabeast. Big, mean, and hitting like a truck, like vanilla minotaurs. Good unarmed combat skills to make up for lacking the actual Rrongol's halberd.

Abomination: Large, hits like a truck, and inflicts plenty of stress on your warriors (mainly by terror, disgust, fright, and horror.) Psychologically scarred veterans would be the key to slaying them easily, though I'd still give it some okay combat skills on top. On death, the abomination leaves an itemcorpse behind of some believable bodypart that is opened in a craftsman shop, producing whatever high value rewards you deem fit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 05:25:47 pm »

Hello folks!
I have added the first megabeast! Vendral The Two-Headed Dragon

NEW MEGABEASTS:
Vendral

Vendral, the two-headed dragon is thought to be little more than an ancient myth. The frontier around the Hellfire Mountains, known to the locals as the Mountains of Doom, has been settled for nearly a century. Expeditions into the heart of the mountainous range began this spring. The heroes undertaking this quest have yet to return with word of their adventures..
Abilities:
-Is a Megabeast
-Has Blue Scales
-Is a two Headed Dragon
-Starts off the size of a fully grown vanilla dragon and can get a little bigger
-Is a Legendary Liar
-Lairs in Shrines and Simple Burrows
-Collects Treasure and Trophies and can have nests inside of their lairs
-Attacks at the same time a vanilla dragon would attack
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 08:23:12 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 12:00:38 am »

I have updated the Mod with the gorgon line! I Tried to keep them as close to the game as possible including the magic, the snakes for hair, the three tails etc. (I also added a bunch of missing trainable tags, so almost everything is trainable now, including vendral)

Medusa

These abominations formed the core of scrylia the Serpent queen's dreaded legions. They joined the Harpies in their rebellion against the serpent Queen, ending her rein of terror.
Abilities:
Has three large tails which it slithers around on in order to move (And it can lash its opponents with the tails aswell)
Has snakes instead of hair (Ten of them to be exact)
Has a weak paralyzing bite
Can Open Doors
Can Avoid Traps
Can escape From Cage Traps
Trainable
Difficulty of 4
Can Pick Locks
Lives in wetlands and subterranean rivers and aquifers
Can live 1000 years

Greater Gorgon

Greater gorgons are strong, half-human serpentine creatures that often travel with Medusae. They can petrify humans with their terrible magic. They can also summon additional Medusae.
Abilities:
Has all the abilities of a medusa.
Very rare, and travels only one at a time, not in a group.
3 times larger then medusa
Can cast the spell "Petrify" once a week, which temporarily paralyzes their opponents without killing them.(Its also resistible)
Can cast the spell "Summon Medusa" as much as they want which summons a medusa
Has a small amount of natural combat skills
Cannot Die Of Old Age
Has difficulty of 6

Download link is in OP
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 02:39:23 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 01:23:52 am »

Hooligan is mix of kobold, gremlin and gnomes. Other creatures is worse and tranform DF into bad RPG.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 01:39:09 am »

Hooligan is mix of kobold, gremlin and gnomes. Other creatures is worse and tranform DF into bad RPG.

Im basing them all on the game Majesty. Not sure why you think it "transforms df into a bad rpg". Different strokes for different folks i guess.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:41:06 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 01:43:53 am »

Majesty itself is intended to be a loving and deliberate parody of generic fantasy settings in terms of its content.

These creatures also don't supplant or replace anything, they're simply added to the game world - which though I haven't used the mod myself (as I'm making plans for a more involved mod,) if they act like the game itself, they'll appear in regular biomes as well, potentially making the ones they appear in all more dangerous.
Pages: [1] 2 3