Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [DF Premium]/[47.05] Monsters Of Majesty (UPDATED: 12/10/2022)  (Read 11992 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: [44.12]Monsters Of Majesty Mod
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 01:48:40 am »

Hooligan is mix of kobold, gremlin and gnomes. Other creatures is worse and tranform DF into bad RPG.

Majesty itself is intended to be a loving and deliberate parody of generic fantasy settings in terms of its content.

These creatures also don't supplant or replace anything, they're simply added to the game world - which though I haven't used the mod myself (as I'm making plans for a more involved mod,) if they act like the game itself, they'll appear in regular biomes as well, potentially making the ones they appear in all more dangerous.
Exactly!, thanks splint :)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 04:08:58 am »

Hooligan is mix of kobold, gremlin and gnomes. Other creatures is worse and tranform DF into bad RPG.

Im basing them all on the game Majesty. Not sure why you think it "transforms df into a bad rpg". Different strokes for different folks i guess.
This is crossover mod? So, now I understand.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 06:47:56 am »

Not sure why you think it "transforms df into a bad rpg".
I wouldn't take it personally. He just got a 5 day ban for the saying the same thing about some other mods.

Just do what you enjoy. It looks like you are putting a lot of work into this. The game art is a really nice addition by the way.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 02:58:30 pm »

Not sure why you think it "transforms df into a bad rpg".
I wouldn't take it personally. He just got a 5 day ban for the saying the same thing about some other mods.

Just do what you enjoy. It looks like you are putting a lot of work into this. The game art is a really nice addition by the way.

I will pick up working on this after the upcoming release (The new summoning interaction will allow me to easily implement a new "Witch King" boss from the dark forest mission (if you recall they summoned many spiders)). As well as allow me to improve on things, and add goblins/goblin shamens/Cultists/ better medusa etc. (The greater gorgon is supposed to summon medusa)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:40:59 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 03:47:44 pm »

Having replayed the game extensively recently, I've come to develop a particular disdain for daemonwoods.

Here's to some fun critters though next release.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2020, 02:05:32 pm »

Having replayed the game extensively recently, I've come to develop a particular disdain for daemonwoods.

Here's to some fun critters though next release.

Yeah it would be really hard to implement daemonwoods in a satisfying way in dwarf fortress. And yes they are op, so don't expect them in this mod, at least for awhile. And if they are added they will be extremely rare. Maybe an immobile creature with the ambusher tag (or  whatever its called) so you ar ejust walking and suddenly daemonwood. But eh.
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: [47.01]Monsters Of Majesty Mod
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2020, 11:47:31 pm »

Hey guys! New update
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhuu23ydf7oycp2/Monsters%20Of%20Majesty%20Mod.zip?dl=1
This is now for 47.01, and i changed the gorgan so they do proper summoning rather then the hacky raise+transform this update will let me add so much more cool interactions for the monsters. The witch king will summon spiders for example :)
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: [47.01]Monsters Of Majesty Mod
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:37 am »

I have added many new undead to the mod, i did most of these as interactions/secrets as i felt that was most appropriate
(I want to add more, but these will do for now)

UNDEAD/SECRETS

Greater Wight (Secret)

These undead have existed for thousands of years, and have gained power almost unparallelled.
They can experiment and build towers with their undead as well as summon fourth wights.
Abilities:
Can Summon Shadow Stalkers
Can Cast Animate
Can cast raise mist
Can Cast raise lesser wight
They can survive even having their head cut off.

Wight

Malevolent undead who have kept most of their intellect and magical ability. They are created by Greater Wights
Abilities:
Can Summon Shadow Beast
Can Cast Animate
Can cast raise mist
They are very strong and tough

Liche (Secret)

Liches are a cult of former priestesses who serve their new mistress, the Liche Queen, even past her death.
They can experiment and build towers with their undead as well as summon fourth specters.
Abilities:
Can Summon Shadow Beasts
Can Cast Animate
Can Cast Paralytic Gaze
Can Cast raise specter

Specter

The specter is a guardian of the resting places of powerful undead. If you manage to defeat them, be aware the ones they protect are far more dangerous.
Abilities:
Can Cast Force Push
Is Very Strong and Tough, even more so than a Wight, but cannot raise the dead and has limited casting prowess

Zombie (Created with Animate Spell)

Playthings of the liche and Wight. Zombies are strong and dangerous in large numbers. They are attracted to the scent of life and will try to extinguish it wherever it is found.
Abilities:
They are tougher than vanilla undead and are represented with a green z

Download Link Updated,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhuu23ydf7oycp2/Monsters%20Of%20Majesty%20Mod.zip?dl=1
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 01:30:29 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: [47.01]Monsters Of Majesty (UPDATED: 2/3/2020)
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 01:27:41 am »

Skeleton (Created with Animate Skeleton Spell)

These animated bones are raised through necromantic spells of dark origin.
Abilities:
Everything thats rottable is rotted away (it rots as much as possible immediately, sometimes stuff is left still though)
They are faster than zombies but way less able to take a punch
Represented by white s with yellow background

Download Link Updated,
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 01:31:21 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: [47.01]Monsters Of Majesty (UPDATED: 2/5/2020)
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2020, 10:35:40 am »

I would really appreciate feedback. So if you play/are able to give feedback please give me feedback.
I am an indie game dev!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 07:45:50 pm »

Well I can so far confirm it doesn't make the game have a stroke on a medium 230 year world gen for 47.02, so you have that going for the mod.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2020, 04:39:17 am »

Been a while, but I thought I'd bump this with a minor issue.

Vargs need to have can_learn removed from them, or their mouth needs to be made a grasper. Otherwise they'll spam the inability to store things they claim due to being too injured, and they'll claim beds in your tavern. It looks like they're intended to be predators and fighting animals, so as a concession to gameplay a better choice instead of that tag would just be to give them some innate combat skills (I'd say around level 4 or 5 should suffice, since they're more dangerous than a lot of creatures, but not a match for a reasonably skilled one.)

I can also say this mod is great for adventure mode, since there's no shortage of giant rats and such to train your skills and subsist on. Unfortunately on the character I did, I encountered Greater Wights who seemed to be getting attacked by their own non-undead summons - or something else, I can't quite figure out what happened as I was forced to fall back due to an injury. All I know is a fight was goin on in their tower as I was approaching and I found heaps of mangled wights in it and no non-undead.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2020, 11:57:56 pm »

Vargs need to have can_learn removed from them, or their mouth needs to be made a grasper. Otherwise they'll spam the inability to store things they claim due to being too injured, and they'll claim beds in your tavern. It looks like they're intended to be predators and fighting animals, so as a concession to gameplay a better choice instead of that tag would just be to give them some innate combat skills (I'd say around level 4 or 5 should suffice, since they're more dangerous than a lot of creatures, but not a match for a reasonably skilled one.)

I can also say this mod is great for adventure mode, since there's no shortage of giant rats and such to train your skills and subsist on. Unfortunately on the character I did, I encountered Greater Wights who seemed to be getting attacked by their own non-undead summons - or something else, I can't quite figure out what happened as I was forced to fall back due to an injury. All I know is a fight was goin on in their tower as I was approaching and I found heaps of mangled wights in it and no non-undead.

Shadow beasts and shadow stalkers are undead so, it probably isnt that. Maybe some of the beasts still got upset still though lol.
I took a break from the mod for awhile, might start updating again, will fix varg issue
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2020, 12:14:17 am »

Added not_living to liches and wights as a precaution, going to have to make sure they still show up though, i recall there being an issue with that in the past. So not released yet.
I am an indie game dev!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2020, 05:50:57 am »

They definitely still show up. Might want to look into an extended and more limited-in-number cooldown for the shadow beast/stalker summon. The succession game of Crystallake had to resort to DFhack to get rid of literally hundreds of them summoned in by a group of greater wights and liches that attacked, as it resulted in nearly 400 units eventually over the course of like, a year, being summoned. Super bad for lower-end systems.

Additionally about summons - There's a quirk with how the game treats them that makes anything summoned in fort mode on fortress grounds belong to the fort. Bear it in mind with non-undead summons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3