Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 149053 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2020, 06:11:41 am »

Probably should keep out distance from this guy in case whatever's wrong with him is contagious, but yes lets try a healing spell on this guy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2020, 02:49:05 pm »

Probably should keep out distance from this guy in case whatever's wrong with him is contagious, but yes lets try a healing spell on this guy.
+1

But before, tell to Flax and Sas to return to the town and that we will now take care of the situation by ourselves, in the hope that being alone with him will help to give him more confidence toward us. Tell afterward to the strange guy that we know he doesn't want to be bothered, but we see he's hurt, we are a healer and we only want to help him. If he continues to avoid our help, I think we should insist and follow him a little longer.

However, I'm afraid that our capacity to help him will be limited since he his somewhat unapproachable and we have no idea of the nature of his wound or disease. After all, if I remember well, we only know basic herbal medicine and we don't have medicinal herbs with us. It doesn't prevent us from possessing some kind of healing magic though.

On another note... The crude sketches! First thing I thought when I saw them: "Q'uaksna has truly surpassed himself to draw something ugly! And what is the bunch of lines under... Flax? Oh, I see. It's a wolf!" Then I better looked at the way the deer is drawn with all the straight lines and thought: "But there's some cuteness to it!"

It kinda looks like the sort of rock drawings that the possible future children of Blackhoof could make. I can see some simple beauty in them when I look with the eyes of a child! You really shouldn't mock these works of art! :P

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 19, 2020, 03:38:20 pm »

On another note... The crude sketches! First thing I thought when I saw them: "Q'uaksna has truly surpassed himself to draw something ugly! And what is the bunch of lines under... Flax? Oh, I see. It's a wolf!" Then I better looked at the way the deer is drawn with all the straight lines and thought: "But there's some cuteness to it!"

It kinda looks like the sort of rock drawings that the possible future children of Blackhoof could make. I can see some simple beauty in them when I look with the eyes of a child! You really shouldn't mock these works of art! :P

I didn't actually draw these, that's interpretation of ToDW made by fellow artist in my household, I left my sketches unattended and when I returned, I found this on the sheet.

She doesn't know much about ToDW, but we would have a lot of fun together with her trying to guess what is going on based on the sketches alone. We did it with the watch with Pik and this part. I don't remember exactly what she thought the story was, only that Pik was Santa and someone stole his bags, and that someone has "killed Blackhoof's good friend rock" and he's sad now, and that makes Flax angry.

But, enough with side fun. Processing your suggestions now!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:31:35 pm by Quaksna »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 19, 2020, 04:19:21 pm »

That's adorable!

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2020, 08:25:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 27, 2020, 09:36:35 am »

"
I guess y... we really shouldn't have sent Flax away, he would've set the guy straight. Maybe then he wouldn't be so eager to threaten us. Oh well, now we'll just have to come out on top on our own.

He does seem hung up on the fact that we're a magic user. Maybe he's got some pretty bad experiences with them? I think we need to show him that we're different.

He looks like he means business, but people are often filled with conflicting emotions. In response, some lash out in anger, others become withdrawn.
I think if we want to get anywhere with him, we need to do something that'll throw him off balance.
"

He does seem to have something against "sorcerers", doesn't he? Maybe it's "sorcerers" in particular? I think the right way to act here is not to respond with humility but with righteous indignation.
Defiantly tell the masked figure that we're a shaman, not a sorcerer to kill us, if that's what we deserve for trying to help him...
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 27, 2020, 11:44:16 am »

Defiantly tell the masked figure to kill us, if that's what we deserve for trying to help him...

I don't think its really a good idea. As the masked one offers us to back off, it would probably be the right thing to do at first. Since we don't know the mental state of the person, if he/she have bad intentions or is even cursed, its the safest way to make sure that nobody gets hurt. We should keep in mind that the person is certain we can't help and that he/she might be very dangerous (we don't want to "rue this day forever").

Perhaps we could allow ourselves to show righteous indignation if we would still be with Flax and more aware of the identity of the mysterious individual.

But after backing off some fair distance, we could tell the masked person something like that: I have dreamed about a wicked sorcerer harming my tribe. Maybe you have met him?

If it he/she doesn't answer afterward or go away, we can add lastly: I'm a shaman, not a sorcerer. My power can counter that of such an evil one.

At the end of the encounter, we can return with our obligatory travelers and ready ourselves for the long journey ahead.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 27, 2020, 12:30:16 pm »

Defiantly tell the masked figure to kill us, if that's what we deserve for trying to help him...

I don't think its really a good idea. As the masked one offers us to back off, it would probably be the right thing to do at first. Since we don't know the mental state of the person, if he/she have bad intentions or is even cursed, its the safest way to make sure that nobody gets hurt. We should keep in mind that the person is certain we can't help and that he/she might be very dangerous (we don't want to "rue this day forever").

Perhaps we could allow ourselves to show righteous indignation if we would still be with Flax and more aware of the identity of the mysterious individual.

But after backing off some fair distance, we could tell the masked person something like that: I have dreamed about a wicked sorcerer harming my tribe. Maybe you have met him?

If it he/she doesn't answer afterward or go away, we can add lastly: I'm a shaman, not a sorcerer. My power can counter that of such an evil one.

At the end of the encounter, we can return with our obligatory travelers and ready ourselves for the long journey ahead.

You can -1 me all you want, but it doesn't actually mean anything. If it does, consider your post -1'd by me :P

I think you're not seeing the bigger picture here, by backing off, we'd be showing weakness, affirming that we're fearful of him. By standing in spite of his threats we show that we're serious and not so easily intimidated. The chance of actually him attacking us is actually fairly low, and standing our ground may cause him to actually open up.

Still, i do not think blabbering about our dreams of all things to a potential adversary is a good idea.

And we're not going anywhere until this little side adventure is finished. Whether intentionally or not, Q made the masked guy a far more engaging story thread than whatever he had planned before, with every post, interaction and detail only adding to that :))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 27, 2020, 01:25:34 pm »

I know my -1 doesn't mean much. In fact, I expect that other players will take a choice and settle the matter.

I just don't understand why you want so much to confront the masked person. It's clear you want to know more about him, I also want that, but he keeps telling us to go away and I don't think we can really force him to reveal anything. I'm also doubtful that the chance of him attacking us is low: he menaces to kill us, he has "stroke a vicious pose" and he seems angry that we used magic on him. We might be going straight toward unnecessary violence.

However, thinking back, I realize that talking about our dream would probably not be very useful, so I retract on that point.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 27, 2020, 02:43:31 pm »

he menaces to kill us, he has "stroke a vicious pose"

"The more fearsome one tries to appear on the outside, the weaker they are on the inside."

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 27, 2020, 03:37:03 pm »

Maybe he's weaker of will or inner strenght than we are. But we don't know him, we don't know why he got injured, we don't know about his actual condition and state of mind. He might be very intent to drive us away violently. It's possible too that he once had been the prey of some evil sorcerer and feels threatened by our magic. So I think that nothing truly prevent an attack from him.

And how can we convince him to be helped if he his completely opposed to the idea? What could we get from him if he doesn't listen to us?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 28, 2020, 05:29:32 am »

I don't really see why we're messing with this guy he doesn't want us around and us continuing to be a round seems to be pissing him of so why do you guys want to continue to follow him, part of me expects him to stab us at some point or he's going to spew his diseased blood on us and we're going to get the plague or whatever's wrong with him from him, so lets back off and leave this guy alone.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 28, 2020, 10:07:07 am »

so lets back off and leave this guy alone.

I agree about backing off. I think it would avoid us misfortunes like being stabbed or getting the plague.

However, telling the guy that we are a shaman and not a sorcerer seems important to me. It would show him that he's mistaken about our nature and that we can truly help him if he wants. We don't even need to propose him more help. We have tried it before and it didn't have worked. Trying a second time, especially after getting him angry, would probably not work anyhow. But if he finally realizes we can help him since we are a shaman, he would get the chance to ask.

So I think saying something like what I proposed before after backing off a fair distance (without the dream part) would do the job:

I'm a shaman, not a sorcerer. My power can counter that of such an evil one.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2020, 01:29:57 am »

+1 But if he still doesn't want us around I say we leave him alone.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2020, 09:18:26 am »

+1 But if he still doesn't want us around I say we leave him alone.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59