Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144834 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then we shall ask all the questions with out worry!

Wraith Crackantler

(Soul-Link Telecomms),(Dark Counsel)
"Bald bastard... He knows nothing! His soul is as fat as his body... Feed his soul to me, Blackhoof! I'm hungry."

(Yes i'm RP'ing as Wraith Crackantler :P)
This reminds me of the stuff the possessed person in Evil Dead 2 says.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #301 on: February 02, 2021, 12:21:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A minor update before next encounter. There's not much you can do at the moment, but you can talk to your fellows.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 01:53:51 pm by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #302 on: February 02, 2021, 02:20:40 pm »

It may be a "minor" update, but it's as great as any other.

The salted pork thing already feels like a running gag, and i love it. To think this started from an off-hand comment from Zultan.
hey, every story worth its salt has to have one, just don't wear it out too quickly :P

But yeah, lets talk to Flax a bit, replying to his comment:
"He may be strange, but at least he's truly happy and fulfilled in doing what he does. Don't ask how i know, i just know things."
(This is in reference to Crackantler calling the wayfarer's soul "fat".)
But really, i just want to press Flax for info about our quest, leveraging something Nami said previously:
"I also know you came a long way looking for a shaman, because you need help with something only i can help you with. What is it?"
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 02, 2021, 04:58:31 pm »

Ah, yes. The update is great. And the beautiful piece of poetry ends the chapter very nicely!

"He may be strange, but at least he's truly happy and fulfilled in doing what he does. Don't ask how i know, i just know things."

A subtle way to confirm our increasing derangement caused by our connection with a wraith buddy. That's perfect.

But really, i just want to press Flax for info about our quest, leveraging something Nami said previously:
"I also know you came a long way looking for a shaman, because you need help with something only i can help you with. What is it?"

I think the moment is not propitious to ask such a question, since Sas would hear us, and if I'm right, it's a thing Flax really doesn't want. I'm saying because of this memorable incident:

I propose to ask the question during a watch, when Sas is sleeping. At any rate, night should come soon because everything we did in the human settlement, our walk in the forest and our encounter with the monk all happened during the same day.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 02, 2021, 05:19:21 pm »

Ah, yes. The update is great. And the beautiful piece of poetry ends the chapter very nicely!

A subtle way to confirm our increasing derangement caused by our connection with a wraith buddy. That's perfect.

I think the moment is not propitious to ask such a question, since Sas would hear us, and if I'm right, it's a thing Flax really doesn't want. I'm saying because of this memorable incident:

I propose to ask the question during a watch, when Sas is sleeping. At any rate, night should come soon because everything we did in the human settlement, our walk in the forest and our encounter with the monk all happened during the same day.

I dunno how i totally forgot about THAT incident, but yeah you're probably right on not talking about such things in front of Sas.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2021, 06:09:52 am »

The salted pork thing already feels like a running gag, and i love it. To think this started from an off-hand comment from Zultan.
hey, every story worth its salt has to have one, just don't wear it out too quickly :P
Excellent I've created a running gag, now to run it into the GROUND!

Let us make small talk until the night time, then we shall ask Flax stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2021, 12:21:02 pm »

Let us make small talk until the night time, then we shall ask Flax stuff.
+1

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2021, 02:34:30 pm »

I have finally listened to all the musical pieces Quaksna created for the story, and I have little comments to make about them.

Flax (Proud and dark): I consider the music slightly too solemn and giving maybe a too positive vibe to an ambiguous character, but despite that, I liked the composition with the deep notes of the organ.

Blackhoof (Sad and aimless): Through my listening, I felt the sorrow of the deer, but at the same time a calling for adventure and the opening of new possibilities of life.

The wholesome Sas: I think this track expresses properly some important traits of the character and aspects of his life: a good heart, loyalty, hardships, but maybe a bit too much sadness.

The Burden of Murder (The sad Sas): In this one, I felt acceptance, somebody that is surmounting grief and it's quite luminous, so not as dark as the title suggests. Moreover, I liked the melody, the sonority.

Nami Revelation (second version): Conveys well the magic, the whimsicality of the moment and the right somber notes. Everything is there.

Fate Is the Fiercest Beast of All Out There: All along the song, it's as if we are following the steps of Blackhoof in the snow, wich is nice. I think it concludes appropriately the first chapter of the story.

In This Vale of Death I See Three: My favorite piece. It's very harmonious, the lyrics are superb and it has a great emotional depth that is well matched with the dramatic content. Also, your voice is more beautiful in this song than in the last one and after listening to it, it seems clear to me that your musical skills are improving.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 12, 2021, 04:08:09 am »

Spoiler: The episode (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 05:03:05 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 12, 2021, 05:03:33 am »

A harrowing theory swirls around in my mind. but to know whether it has any basis we need more information.

Flax should be able to answer this one easily enough:
"Dwindling? how? In which way? And the hardships, tell me about them."

Also, i love how you drew Nami. I had wondered for a while how she would look drawn by you, and i gotta say: it's pretty much spot on.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 12, 2021, 08:11:59 am »

We should also ask about that sword he had that appeared to be magic that we broke when we first met him.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 12, 2021, 01:55:50 pm »

Caling it now, Flax is a vampire.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 12, 2021, 02:02:14 pm »

Caling it now, Flax is a vampire.

That's exactly what i'm hoping is not the case. It would be incredibly run-of-the-mill, cliché and boring. Something that ToDW and Q's works in general are known to go against.

Also nice to know you're still following this thread Superdorf. Why don't you participate more? :P
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 02:04:11 pm by Strik3r »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 12, 2021, 02:17:54 pm »

A harrowing theory swirls around in my mind. but to know whether it has any basis we need more information.

A harrowing theory? Maybe about something fell, dreadful and frightful? I can totally conceive that...

Yes, if his people are dwindling and suffering from grave hardships, it could possibly be related to the other things Flax is trying to hide from us. But it might be a bit too late for him to truly conceal them, since he gave us important clues before, although really really fast, while he was somewhat in a state of shock... He then hinted about "somemagicorstuffyouprobablysensed" and also said "Idon'twanttohavetoslaughtermore". Let us not forget that.

Besides, Flax has some kind of burning power inside of him, wich makes him unaffected by the cold. But gaining such significant powers, either by witchcraft or other occult bindings, always come with a price. And other humans from his home could potentially possess similar sorcerous abilities... >:D

Thus all this could, I say could, be related to the hardships Flax just mentioned. However, I'm not sure that he comes from the most normal of communities, since he doesn't have a lord, or more simply a chief or a leader, but rather a... superior? Someone who additionally is aware of the capacity of northern shamans to connect to the spirit world. So who knows? Maybe the whole scheme has something to do about Wraithcaller?

The possibilities abound, certainly, but I would say that none of them augur very well...

I agree therefore to ask Strik3r's question: "Dwindling? how? In which way? And the hardships, tell me about them."

As regards the sword we broke when we first met him, we saw previously that its magic came from an oily potion. Here's the quote from Chapter 1, part 4:
He charges towards the shade, and his oiled blade glows. With few slashes of his newly enchanted sword, the shade slowly vanishes, back to... Wherever you summoned it from.

So instead of asking specifically about the sword, I think we should ask about the weird potions Flax is carrying with him.

But I prefer to wait for more revelations before telling Flax our secrets concerning Nami.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 12, 2021, 02:50:27 pm »

A harrowing theory? Maybe about something fell, dreadful and frightful? I can totally conceive that...

Yes, if his people are dwindling and suffering from grave hardships, it could possibly be related to the other things Flax is trying to hide from us. But it might be a bit too late for him to truly conceal them, since he gave us important clues before, although really really fast, while he was somewhat in a state of shock... He then hinted about "somemagicorstuffyouprobablysensed" and also said "Idon'twanttohavetoslaughtermore". Let us not forget that.

Besides, Flax has some kind of burning power inside of him, wich makes him unaffected by the cold. But gaining such significant powers, either by witchcraft or other occult bindings, always come with a price. And other humans from his home could potentially possess similar sorcerous abilities... >:D

Thus all this could, I say could, be related to the hardships Flax just mentioned. However, I'm not sure that he comes from the most normal of communities, since he doesn't have a lord, or more simply a chief or a leader, but rather a... superior? Someone who additionally is aware of the capacity of northern shamans to connect to the spirit world. So who knows? Maybe the whole scheme has something to do about Wraithcaller?

The possibilities abound, certainly, but I would say that none of them augur very well...

Of course, it isn't in my hands anymore but it doesn't seem like Veno's/Wraithcaller's work. Neither Flax's power nor whatever hardships his people face. Veno's main domain is "merely" wraiths. Of course we have no idea what Veno's power looks like, yet i stand by my assertion.

The "Superior" part is explainable: Flax, as he said himself, is a military man. Superior in this case probably refers to his captain or commander.

Nami, as she said, does have 17 siblings. Her, Veno, Rufithíinevi and Amena only account for four of the 18 fragments. It's not impossible that another or two might be involved in Flax's situation. Perhaps another rivalry like with Veno and Rufithíinevi? Again i can only speculate, and i'm probably wildly off.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59