Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144840 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

Let us go see what's scaring all the spirit.
+1

There's only one correct answer here; Lets hurry toward the source of this disturbance.

Also, i absolutely love the drawings' style, especially Blackhoof himself. It doesn't matter how much i model or render, i wouldn't be able get the feel same as your drawings because i can't replicate the charm and style that your drawings have.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Let us go see what's scaring all the spirit.
+1

There's only one correct answer here; Lets hurry toward the source of this disturbance.

Also, i absolutely love the drawings' style, especially Blackhoof himself. It doesn't matter how much i model or render, i wouldn't be able get the feel same as your drawings because i can't replicate the charm and style that your drawings have.

And then, validation happened.

Hey but to be fair, your render kicked me up a few levels, especially in terms of the antlers. New growths are sprouting and some are bending in space to the sides. You honestly helped a lot there  ;)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1

Of course. For in us lies the spirit of adventure!

Also, i absolutely love the drawings' style, especially Blackhoof himself.

Dig it too. And I particularly like the expressions of the characters!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, i absolutely love the drawings' style, especially Blackhoof himself.

Dig it too. And I particularly like the expressions of the characters!
I shall also jump onto the pile and say that I also like the art and character design.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Despite her absence, you find yourself still hearing Nami's voice in your mind as if she was still here, pointing out details you might have never noticed otherwise. Yet for now, her energetic and assuring yet slightly arrogant voice is a mere illusion, conjured up by your own imagination. The time she spent sheltered within you has clearly left an imprint on you, as you find yourself looking at the world through her large, scrutinizing eyes, and imagining what she would say.
"Look! Look at the pawprint! An obvious, boring person would say that it belongs to a dragon. I'd say it belongs to a very large bear! I suppose it doesn't matter. Either one is bad news for y... us if we get caught unaware."

Since we seem to be in no immediate danger, the stone circle seems interesting enough by itself and following the beast isn't really time-critical, i say we rest for a while longer within the ruins while trying to figure out the significance of this place, if any. If Sas or Flax want to run off after the beast, let them.

Also, using the magic that we used to weave our loincloth, could we weave a white cloak, one like Esem had, for Sas and perhaps Flax and ourselves too? Might help camouflage us in these snowy fields.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i say we rest for a while longer within the ruins while trying to figure out the significance of this place, if any.
+1

No, my eyes don't deceive me... The footprint has clearly a reptilian shape. So it's not from a very large bear, but from a dragon!

(a beautiful dragon!)

following the beast isn't really time-critical

Following the beast might not be time-critical, but it might very well prove critical!

What I mean is that we shouldn't allow Flax and Sas to run after a monster of such "gargantuan proportions"... I do think it would be unwise to split our party in face of such formidable danger. And the look of Flax, that mighty warrior, when he saw the footmark, don't reassure me whatsoever! Let us not forget also that Flax doesn't have a sword, nor a buckler, and that even if he is dragonfire-proof (wich I doubt), it might not be the same for Sas...

However, we could let Sas look for a few more tracks, while telling him not to stray too far, to see in wich direction the beast went and if it did take flight. We would then know if we are truly dealing with a dragon or a gigantic flying bear.

On the matter of Esem's white cloaks:

Such outfits would be very cool, but I believe that when we made our small loincloth out of grass, it took us a fair amount of time and effort, and we can't really afford it now. We should rather save our energy for a potential battle to come! Furthermore, our loincloth is grey and I'm unsure that our magical powers would enable us to make the cloth white.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 03:42:22 pm by Yellow Pixel »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i say we rest for a while longer within the ruins while trying to figure out the significance of this place, if any.
+1
+1

Also can we not split the group with giant things wondering around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The tundra titan.... a great... quadruped... It's white fur is rough and patchy... Beware it's fire breath."

i think whatever the beast is, the best course of action would be to retreat to a safe distance to observe the ruins from afar to see what the monster does.

While we could use the mushrooms to scout in spirit form, i think they are best saved for later. But yes, we should do something to preserve them and prevent them from going bad. Some kind of enchanted bag would be ideal for preserving foodstuff in general.

Also, if we find a way, we should definitely try to get some of the monster's fur, it would be extraordinarily good for magically weaving into a snazzy cloak pretty much anything.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, retreating to a safe distance to observe the ruins from afar to see what the monster does is something I totally +1. However, the changing of the mild breeze into a strong gale was rather swift, and it's something I consider somewhat disquieting... The thing is, as the predatory beast appears to be approaching pretty fast, and as the ruins where we stand are situated in a fairly open area, we might not have the time to run away before it notices us. So maybe we'll be forced to hide in a closer spot, like y'know, exactly where the monster is heading, wich seems to be the hole covered of heavy rubble that might be its very lair, or maybe just some sort of strange catacomb. !!FUN!! But that would definitely be the "worst" scenario.

Then, for the mushrooms, I agree to do something to preserve them, when we'll have the time. Shrooms r gud.

And about getting some monster fur... why not? It would certainly be nice to have some! Except that we might be the ones more at risk to be skinned, if you understand what I mean. Who knows though? Maybe we'll find some in the monster's lair... :D

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1 to the hiding somewhere nearby, if we can't find somewhere pre-built to hide we could always bury ourselves in the snow as last resort.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A death query is sought out, ominous depictions are showing their colors as soon as they are drawn...

The wind is rising, a somber shadow looms on the horizon, and all the FBs are in turmoil!

Blackhoof, brace yourself! Something terrible is coming forth!

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nami's Echo
"A nature titan. They're supposed to protect spirits. Maybe it can sense your connection to Crackantler... Or maybe it has somehow become corrupted."

Wraith Crackantler

(Soul-Link Telecomms),(Dark Counsel)
"A great, big, fat cow full of spirit.

Dig in and eat it's soul from inside out. So much nourishment to be gained...

Join me in the spirit world and let us feast together, Blackhoof. I'll share..."

If the titan can sense us, then perhaps conflict is unavoidable, and outrunning it seems unlikely.

As such we should strive to gain as much of an advantage right off the bat as possible.
Maybe it's time for Sas to redeem himself and put his exceptional bowman skills to use for a good cause.
I propose we feed Sas the mushroom that is supposed to sharpen one's focus so that he can attempt to kill or debilitate the titan from as far away as possible, maybe by shooting it in the eyes or something.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59