Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 152224 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

Yeah that's probably the best course of action, besides it's a good landmark for meeting up again afterwards.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phew, what a load. Didn't all end up as good as I would've wanted, but I hope you'll enjoy.

I'm not sure why you say that, as this is probably one of the best ones, yet.  :D

So true!

And it was a sweet package of nice stuff for that matter, from the spirited tale-telling of our favorite trio of adventurers, to the long dream that has a very detailed setting and a profuse imagery. Also your use of enigmatic symbols never escape me, and I believe it would be hard to come up with something more deep in meaning than the antlers of a deer full of serpents!

As regards to what we do, I suppose that I have no choice but to put myself against the current (at the risk of drowning myself :P), because I consider that it would be impracticable for Flax alone to try burning the corpse of a giant beast in the middle of a very cold winter, without enough time or the necessary tools to cut wood and make a suitably large bonfire. Thus, the only special feat that I think could make it possible would be for Flax to have once another secret burninating power in his arsenal, but the smoke would still alert from afar the next hulking visitors of the sacred ruins!

So I have been considering the remaining options, and after putting aside the idea of an inacceptable forsaking, or to stir up a gigantic rebellion of animal people in an unkown territory and eventually take over the base of the oppressor (no, OK, that's really too much, LOL), I come to the conclusion that we are in big trouble.

But one possibility stands, one that would still put us in potentially serious trouble but that might work (like if it wasn't enough to be wraithbound), wich would be to use Élev's blood vial that we are still supposed to have in our possession and blood bind us to him, communicate with him, and organize with him a full-scale ambush of wolf people against our enemies! (Who should make many more visits to the ruins like Rathegaru stated.)

WHAT DO YOU SAY??? 🙃

An advantage would be that Élev could possibly teach us magic in the future and help us cope with our wraith friend.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Let's start by telling our compatriots what's happening. Ask them for ideas, and share a couple of our own (Flax doing a runner, and the wolfman thing.)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I very sincerely doubt Élev could help us in any way, the chance of him being anywhere close enough is practically zero. And who says he even wants to? The titan's our problem, not his. And who's to say whether he even has any allies. Besides, the bloodbind would likely be difficult to break, and he'd become just another annoying voice in our heads. We'll end up going mad at this rate.

But here's a thought, you're right that maybe getting the fire lit in the middle of the winter might be a bit difficult, if Flax doesn't have some kind of burning power. If he doesn't, maybe we could whip something up to quickly teach Flax the basics of how to call upon spirits, to temporarily bond with a fire spirit of some kind... Yes, i know exactly what i'm suggesting; teach the enigmatic and possibly untrustworthy Flax on how to empower himself further. For the sake of preventing a bunch of necros getting their hands on a titan corpse, the risk is worth it. It's an equally crazy idea that has just as small of a chance of working. One way or another, we're in a bit of a tight bind. It's a shame spirits alone can't do anything from the spirit world.

The presence of smoke from the burning corpse won't be a problem though, we're several days' travel away from the nearest of settlments.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 04:18:07 pm by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I very sincerely doubt Élev could help us in any way
He could eat the corpse?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I very sincerely doubt Élev could help us in any way
He could eat the corpse?

Nooooo! He could do MUCH MORE than eating the corpse!!!

OK, maybe not that much... Arrgh! But let me explain!

Élev doesn't need to be near to help us! OK, it would be preferable, but... anyways! He would probably have just enough time to teach us how to turn invisible and hide our spiritual traces, and that is exactly the advantage we need against a bunch of crazy death sorcerers AND a mob of ferocious maws!

Also, it appears unfeasible to me to teach fire magic to Flax in a very short timespan, so if someone truly has the capacity to burn a giant carcass fast enough, it is clearly us. But to reduce the time of our travel, we totally can use the same wind magic that allowed us to increase the speed of Uzin's hunting party!

Moreover, it is clear to me that Élev will want to help us, because he is a shaman just like us, and it is his duty to protect the natural world. And he told us that his race was hunted by men for a long time, and being a very knowledgeable shaman, I'm sure he knows about that Melabil organization, "the grand iron girdle of the north". Especially that its members are probably persecuting the animal people, since in the dream, there were chained otherworldly beasts, and I'm pretty sure many of them were sentient as it would be very strange to have plenty of wild beasts around dining tables in a grand hall.

But even if it wasn't the case, animal people are definitely at risk of becoming endangered if an undead titan starts roaming into every corner of Wintervale! Then let's remember that there was a wolfman in the hall, wich is a very peculiar sight around humans, so maybe he was paid into tribute to them when he was a child, wich a custom of wolfmen like we have explained to Flax in another story part, and that would point toward the subjugation of wolfmen clans by the same humans.

Besides, since Élev is seemingly a seasoned shaman, he must have some influence over wolfmen, and if ever we don't manage to overcome our enemies, wich is totally possible in view of their numbers comparatively to ours, he might have the time to make an ambush of wolfmen on the depleted forces of the bad guys when they will be returning to their base in the west bank barrows with their heavy loads!

Afterward, as pertains to the presence of a new voice in our spiritual mind, I see it as a very positive thing, because Élev might give us some advice to cope whith our inner wraith, and when that same darkened being will start to win over our conscience, there will be a friendly wolf voice into us to help bring us back on the right track. But in fact, while it is evident that Crackantler is already tainting us, I'm afraid that it will become considerably worse if we have to kill plenty of people and if we get surrounded by the dark auras of several death sorcerers.

And by the way, the very actuality of the blackening of our spirit couldn't have been more wonderfully illustrated than by the absence of pain when we cut ourselves in the beginning of the dream, and by the serpents creeping in our antlers, wich probably represent the roots of evil pervading our mind, slowly transforming us in a stone hearted deer, just like the stare of the Gorgon would have done in a flash.

So in conclusion, I think we really need to bloodbind us to Élev! :D

Sorry Quaksna if ever my post dismantle everything you are preparing!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Massive post)
I honestly think you're way overcomplicating things and potentially risking putting us on a path we'll come to regret later. We don't need to do anything more that have someone rush back to the titan's corpse and light it aflame and get back out as discreetely as possible. Anything that happens after it begins to burn is irrelevant. The necromancers, beyond the issue of that corpse, aren't really our problem, and it's best if they don't become it either. And if we organize some kind of attack or ambush, we're gonna lose guys too, and guess what'll happen to them and any enemies we kill? Yup, they're just going to get raised as zombies, even tougher than before. There's no point in risking the lives of people, so it's better that one guy goes in, does what's need and gets out, leaving the rest as someone else's problem.

But you're entirely right that we COULD do this ourselves, between the wind spell, which i didn't even consider, and being a deer man. with our long legs and unguligate gait, we could bound over the terrain pretty fast.

Also, i didn't say we should teach Flax fire magic, i said we could consider teaching him (very quickly) the basics communing with spirits.

In unrelated matters, i was struck by a strange mood and begun making seals for the fragments, here's the three i've finished thus far, including featuring the latest unveiled member of the family(sort of) of great-spirits.

(not too great, as i'm not very good with vector graphics/curves.)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe you're right that we shouldn't put too many lives in danger, and then potentially cause a zombie outbreak... So maybe we won't have the chance to link ourselves to a gentle shaman wolfie... :-\

But there's still a thing we don't have considered: what if the sacred shrine is in peril now that its guardian is dead? Because as Rathegaru said, the death of the titan ensures his organization to make "many, many more visits" to the shrine, and I'm afraid he might try to corrupt and use the magical power enclosed there... :(

And when we asked the elder spirit of the shrine about was hidden in the large hole in the ruins, he told us: "Treasury, and the resting place of the guardian. The stored riches you are not to take, unfortunately." But what if Rathegaru and his men want to steal everything? ???

Also, very nice seals. Very nice style! :)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, i just think that... We can't fight every battle, and this one isn't ours to fight. We may end up crossing paths with them again though, and it may become our battle in the future, but as it stands right now, we're not ready.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We can't fight every battle, and this one isn't ours to fight.

We are a shaman and the land is in danger! We also don't want to have done our mega titan fight for nothing!

as it stands right now, we're not ready.

Additionally, if we bloodbind us to Élev, we could efficiently prepare ourselves and we might have the means to gain the upper hand! :)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do we care about a bunch of crap in a hole again?

Also I feel we should save the bloodbind thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, let us concentrate on more spiritual matters and forget about all that bloodbinding madness for now! :P

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did 2 more seals, completing the currently known fragments. This time featuring imagery of both of the known avians.

Also BTW, Q, How's stuff going?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Also BTW, Q, How's stuff going?

Well, well. Next update's gonna be short, should be done quickly, but in general new ones are going to take more time, I still have a lot of projects beside this one, as opposed to the old times. Though on the other hand, I am also a lot more content with my life, despite all the new difficulties.

I absolutely loved the banter between you guys on this one. The best ways to convey my thoughts on the recent posts is not in words alone, however:
Spoiler: ToDW be like (click to show/hide)

By the way you can still add more, feel free to carry on. Though it seems the discourse has settled, and I'm amused enough, you'll getting a pass this time  :P

Holy cow man, your practice over the hiatus shows. Lovely portraiture!

A good praise if I ever heard one. Thanks man. You didn't have to invoke the name of the holy cow man tho

Also those are some very nice seals you made, Strik3r, your strange mood truly resulted in an artifact. I am stealing them forthwith so I can remember all your spirits

Hold on a bit for the decisive episode, bless you all, have a wonderful day!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The hype it's building!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 60