Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 150015 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« Reply #615 on: September 17, 2022, 08:34:06 am »

Okay, there are some really cool details in this one. Obviously the black and white flame like thing on the left side of black's chest (conspicuously absent in the eighth image, where it logically should be visible too) almost certainly related to crackantler, showing that he's still around, and possibly just itching to devour the Watcher.
Second of all, in image 6, there are two shapes visible behind Black, a flame and a white misty shape, indicating this is how Sas and Flax are seen while in the spirit world. I assume the flame corresponds to Flax, and the white mist to Sas.

That said, the watcher does seem a bit suspicious, like it's trying to lead us on. Whether it is malicious or not, it is way too cryptic and vague. That said, it did give us a direction to go on. I guess it would be a bit of a detour, but assuming 'north' in this case wouldn't be us literally heading back the way we came, we could take a look that way and see if we find something. But i think we should leave the spirit world, explain the situation to our comrades, and consult with them on this matter and see what they think.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 18, 2022, 03:33:30 am »

leave the spirit world, explain the situation to our comrades, and consult with them on this matter and see what they think.
+1

This spirit guy seems suspicious, let us not linger around him any longer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 25, 2022, 09:20:41 am »

Had to split this one into two, next week is uncertain and I fell sick on Friday. Hope you will enjoy still, in any case, there are no actions required really until then, you know the drill. But any potential ones will still be taken in account.

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 25, 2022, 10:01:36 am »

Yeah lets not let Sas run off. Instead, to pass the time we should do something i've been wanting to do for a while, ever since Sas lost his bow. Since there's no shortage of wood around here,  To pass the time waiting for Flax, let's try making Sas a new bow, using magic. A bewitched wood bow, using the same technique we used to modify the shields way back when, but now, instead of having to do it hurriedly and haphazardly, we can take the time to really make it the best we can - limited only by our (lack of) experience with the technique.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 26, 2022, 02:45:41 am »

Yeah lets not let Sas run off. Instead, to pass the time we should do something i've been wanting to do for a while, ever since Sas lost his bow. Since there's no shortage of wood around here,  To pass the time waiting for Flax, let's try making Sas a new bow, using magic. A bewitched wood bow, using the same technique we used to modify the shields way back when, but now, instead of having to do it hurriedly and haphazardly, we can take the time to really make it the best we can - limited only by our (lack of) experience with the technique.
+1 But what will we use for a bow string?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 26, 2022, 02:58:32 am »

ehh, i figure we'll just grow the bowstring along with the rest of the bow. And if we really need a separate bowstring, just about any fibrous material will do, altered a bit using magic, to suit the needs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 26, 2022, 04:58:51 am »

That makes since, I'm sure we can find some vines or even the inner bark from a tree to make a string.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 02, 2022, 07:05:17 am »

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 02, 2022, 07:48:35 am »

That's pretty strange. Sounds like it might be an argument of some kind, and not between two men. But who would decide that this middle of nowhere is the best place to work out their interpersonal problems? We should, with some haste, go toward the source of the sounds, and at least try to get a sight on whomever is making the noise. Then we can decide how we'll proceed from there. From the sound of it, it doesn't seem to be coming from too far away.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 03, 2022, 03:52:38 am »

That's pretty strange. Sounds like it might be an argument of some kind, and not between two men. But who would decide that this middle of nowhere is the best place to work out their interpersonal problems? We should, with some haste, go toward the source of the sounds, and at least try to get a sight on whomever is making the noise. Then we can decide how we'll proceed from there. From the sound of it, it doesn't seem to be coming from too far away.
+1 To getting sight of who's talking before we do anything. Maybe we should do it from a slightly hidden position?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 09, 2022, 09:58:49 am »

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 09, 2022, 10:39:08 am »

Oh shit... Well, how in the hell do we solve this situation? She doesn't look much like a spy, and these guys seem awfully quick to jump to accusations. Thus we should try to free her if we can. A conflict might be unavoidable here, but we might still want to try some kind of diplomatic solution first.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 10, 2022, 05:26:47 am »

My thought is that this isn't our business and to leave it be, but if you want to try something and save whoever that is I guess we can do that.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 10, 2022, 05:42:25 am »

but if you want to try something and save whoever that is
I do. If for no other reason than doing what seems right to do. And what's going on here doesn't look like justice, nor justified. But i'm a bit short on ideas of how to do that. I was hoping maybe you might have some ideas? I'm not gonna be counting on any of the numerous lurkers of this thread to chime in on this.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 10, 2022, 05:49:32 am »

We could talk to them for a bit about the local area and stuff then when they're relaxed around us we could kill them, or we could wait until night and release the prisoner. Might need to find out how many people are in their party before we enact any of these plans though as they might have some other members out gathering supplies.

Also why are there so many lurkers but only the three of us posting on this, this is a high quality story we have going here you'd think it get more people participating.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59