Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 149932 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« Reply #645 on: November 14, 2022, 04:25:51 am »

I've never seen Flax this ecstatic before, and i don't like it. He seems to view the little weasel girl - and perhaps everyone - as just another piece on the board. I feel like i'm starting to get a clearer picture of what Flax and his "people" are like, considering some of the things our new friend alluded to.

Anyway, lets say i agree with both of you on getting her a name. or at least inquiring her on how it came to be that she doesn't have a name to call herself by?

Also, did we ever give back her talisman? it seems like it's important to her. I know the captain or whomever gave it to us, but i don't know if we gave it back to her? If not, we should. With a promise, that she'll let us examine it later, as it is probably magical.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 14, 2022, 05:38:53 am »

Forgot about the amulet we should probably give it back, maybe even ask if she knows what it does.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 19, 2022, 03:13:11 pm »

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 20, 2022, 03:42:31 am »

That first image is a thing of beauty.

As for our situation I say we don't try to push through a blizzard as that seems like a bad idea, so instead we get to those trees and see what kind of shelter we can build there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 20, 2022, 04:50:31 am »

Lmao yeah the first picture is great :P

Anyway, that little stoat girl has woven quite a tale about herself. And i don't buy it. It's way too woeful to be true. Or if it was, i doubt she'd be willing to tell basically her whole life's story to the first gang of vagabonds who took her in. Even if we did rescue her from those soldier dudes back there. I'd say its all a made-up (but probably practiced) story intended to elicit pity and worm her way into whatever group she wants. She's basically been doing nothing but trying to do such since the first moment we saw her. Though that still leaves the question: Who is she? Maybe she is just a thief. Maybe the soldiers were right, and she's a spy. Or maybe she's something much worse, and gonna kill us in our sleep. Either way, she's some king of rogue, and we should be doubly vigilant in regards to her.

I was going to suggest pushing through the blizzard, but i doubt we'd have the power to part a whole blizzard cloud, or any significant weather manipulation. So +1 to setting up a camp somewhere in there trees. They should provide some amount cover from the storm by themselves.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 20, 2022, 02:44:13 pm »

hahaha this is like something from the mind of Terry Gilliam!!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 24, 2022, 06:59:19 pm »

hehe <3

Camp is good. Do we know any magic to obtain edibles, make a fire burn brighter/longer, that sort of thing?
If we're desperate, we can always harvest the inner layer of a pine or birch tree for food. Shred it, roast it, munch munch munch... not an ideal foodstuff, but it'll do.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 25, 2022, 03:01:16 am »

+1 To that I hadn't thought about eating the inner bark of trees to alleviate our food problem.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 27, 2022, 12:24:48 pm »

This one doesn't have much room for actions once again, still, you can throw something in to pass the time.

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 27, 2022, 03:18:47 pm »

But well, to offset that there's a lot to unpack in this one. Lets get started then.
First of all, Sas has really taken to our newest, smallest companion (whom i'm still very much suspicious of). It seems he even decided on a name for the little lass... Without our input. And i'm not too fond of the one he picked for her. Among those Sas put out, i'd prefer Kadi... But whatever, we can hammer that issue out later, in proper. What's more interesting is his apparent fatherly affection toward her. I guess we'll figure out eventually what that's about. Though i'm not sure how much older Sas is than the vagrant girl. I'm under the impression that Sas is fairly young himself, and since it's a little difficult to tell in case of the stoat-kin, it might turn out that she's older than he is... Now wouldn't that be a bit of an embarrassing situation, huh?

Crackantler as well has made himself apparent. I'm starting to pick up a bit of a pattern from him. Every time we face some form of hardship, he is there. To mock us and to tempt us. And, it's getting harder to resist, isn't it? Had we been given a choice in this instance, there would've been a pretty good chance we would have been divided on whether or not to accept his aid. I fear that sooner or later, we'll come across a situation, where we'll have no choice but to accept Crackantler's help, and all that entails. Not to mention, his points aren't entirely without merit...

Then there's that dream again, with the room or the cell or whatever it is. I'm still uncertain why we keep seeing this place in our dreams. Makes me feel like we're missing something. Is someone sending these visions to us? The first time we saw the place, we got some very valuable - and accurate! - intel that allowed us to avert certain disaster. Since then, there's not much, but we still keep seeing it...
And of course then there's our possibly greatest fear, The Wraithcaller. I'm surprised by how persistent he is in trying to liberate Crackantler from us. I'm not certain there's anything special about Crackantler that would make The Wraithcaller - presumably at the behest of his master, Veno - so interested in him. Aside maybe from the fact that Wraith Crackantler is a wraith created by a non-corrupt shaman/spirit?

"I'll make us a fire at least..." Sas declares and slowly stands up, the stoat lass curled at his lap slowly sliding off. She doesn't move, but is breathing, and the man's careful motion does not interrupt this state. "I think I'll go seek something to eat at dawn." he adds, as he departs onto his search.
I feel like something as adorable as the stoat girl sleeping curled up on Sas' lap deserves a picture of it's own. :)) Maybe a quick look through Flax's eyes? Since we know he has some form of enhanced night-vision and would have surely been able to see this absolutely adorable picture in much higher clarity than us. :P Though, he almost certainly doesn't care about stuff like that.

Anyway, we should tell Sas to go on his search for food. Possibly together with either Flax, or the stoat girl. Either could act as a decent spotter for him. We'll take care of the fire.
It's always better to work in parallel if possible. And we should have no trouble with the fire.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 28, 2022, 05:32:42 am »

Anyway, we should tell Sas to go on his search for food. Possibly together with either Flax, or the stoat girl. Either could act as a decent spotter for him. We'll take care of the fire.
It's always better to work in parallel if possible. And we should have no trouble with the fire.
+1 I can't really think of anything at the moment so I say we go with this.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 04, 2022, 08:35:52 am »

I feel like something as adorable as the stoat girl sleeping curled up on Sas' lap deserves a picture of it's own

Whoa whoa whoa what is this unannounced overtime >:_ I mean oke if you please

Now the actual thing.

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 04, 2022, 10:46:51 am »

Caving to Strik3r's ruthless demands

Justice is had at last! I am now satisfied and content.
And such a good pic it is too. It's as adorable as i imagined. I hope you're proud of this one, Q, cuz you should be!

The stoat girl clearly still has secrets, yet to be revealed.

Also, if were to be facetious, i'd assert that our latest assailants are after Flax specifically, as he seems to have a habit of pissing off deer men. Though i'm guessing that's not the case.

Though normally i'd always resort to diplomacy first, but it seems like they're already dead set on violence. If it weren't for the weird assortment of different deer-kin from different tribes, i'd make the safe assumption that they're part of the same tribe, we're on their land, and they don't like that. But as it stands i can't imagine what their goal is here. Though maybe we can still try, if they don't respond to kind words, maybe they'll respond to strength. Perhaps our position as a shaman will earn respect among them as it did among our own tribe.

Lets attempt to intimidate them. Proclaim "I am one who commands the spirits! You will heed or you will fall!", preferably in a tongue common to the deer men tribes, whilst inviting a spirit to inhabit and empower us.
Two for one. We get to make an intimidation attempt, whilst preparing ourselves for battle. We're outmatched five to three. I don't know how much help the little stoat lass will be, but she might surprise us yet. But i'd say Flax counts for two, and we likewise, if we'd have a spirit providing us with aid. Still, i can tell. If this one comes to blows, we won't make it through it cleanly.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 05, 2022, 05:29:18 am »

Dang deermen they're supposed to be friendly, and we just had to run into a bunch of hostile ones.

Lets attempt to intimidate them. Proclaim "I am one who commands the spirits! You will heed or you will fall!", preferably in a tongue common to the deer men tribes, whilst inviting a spirit to inhabit and empower us.
+1 We should also get our axe ready.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 08, 2022, 04:28:27 am »

Well damn I'm not sure how to feel but Strik3r just got banned, and I'm not really sure why.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59