Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 151892 times)

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« Reply #690 on: January 23, 2023, 04:42:29 pm »

anyway, i gotta say that i really love your artwork, Quaksna
it has improved quite fast and quite a lot from... whatever the first picture you drew of blackhoof was
I've noticed the quality gets better with every update, and just imagine what it'll look like this time next year.
Quaksna's already got my reaction over mail, so i've no reason to repeat myself...
But i'll do so anyway - you do deserve it, friend. Because your art is damn good, and it's always getting better, Q. The switch to felt-tips merely brought out the actual level of skill present your art.

Anyway, now onto the main body of this post.
I could no longer in good conscience lean on Quaksna to forward my posts to this thread. It may seem small, but it's important to me, to not be a burden on my friend, no matter how light or heavy that weight. So, i'm back. In the flesh, and said flesh of mine be damned! Make no mistake, this is no triumphant return. This is me pathetically crawling back, on my knees, in the hopes that Toady might show me some leniency. Of course, I'm not expecting Toady to forgive me. i'm just hoping he'll give me a chance. Because this is my home. Bay 12 is more to me than just some forum on the internet. And this thread is our cozy little cottage in the middle of the woods. With people only occasionally happening across it.
There's of course a pretty good chance this account'll be banned before morning. But if that's gonna happen, i've got to ask: Who was it that approved of my re-registration then? Ha ha :P Come on, the name's obvious, it even shares most of the letters. lol. If nothing else, it should at least show that i am honest, and i am, in all matters, if i can be.

Also, hey TeaKing! welcome to said cozy cabin that is ToDW and to Bay12 in general. I wanted to welcome you for a while, but i didn't want to do it in a forwarded post. Felt too impersonal. I was legitimately concerned you might get mistakenly bonked by Toady for being my ban-evade account. We are enough alike, at least in mannerisms, you and i. I could see an internet witch-hunting party thinking that you're me. Heh. Especially since your only posts since joining are in this very thread - a sure recipe to get lynched as me, i thought. But I'm glad that didn't happen.

Phew- That was a bit long winded and probably pretty cringe lol. That's okay, i don't care. It's been a month plus some... it feels good to type out a post and press the 'Post' button myself. Especially since i do have an headsman's axe hanging over me, and this might be the only post i get before i get mopped again. With that in mind, here's my suggestion for our course of action. I.E. what this thread is actually about.

Damnit Flax! We wouldn't get into half the messes that we do if he'd just keep his mouth shut. And if he'd stop being so controlling and overbearing, trying to take charge in everything with zero actual social skills. Thankfully, judging by the last panel, he himself realizes this to an extent. Lets make sure Flax doesn't get another word in and risk saying something very dumb. Lets instead interject and describe our adventure in vague terms. Something about spirits and beasts and something.

Provided we don't mess this up, this seems like a good opportunity to socialize a bit. In particular, i would like us discreetly ask the girl, Ule... Oh it was Gisla who delivered that curious line about our little stoat friend, whom by the way, if we wanted to give a name to, 'Thran' is probably the most masculine sounding out of the ones we could've picked. But i assume it was merely done to please Sas. I still prefer 'Kadi' for the stoat girl myself. Anyway, yeah, i'd like us to discreetly ask Ule what she sees in the vagrant stoat girl? Perhaps something only another woman might notice? Or perhaps we shouldn't say anything regarding that, and let them start blabbering and gossiping between the two of them by themselves and then just listen in?

P.S. Toady, if you are gonna mop me. At least please leave this post up. For the sake of ToDW. Please.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 24, 2023, 03:01:17 am »

Hello again, glad to see you back.

Lets make sure Flax doesn't get another word in and risk saying something very dumb. Lets instead interject and describe our adventure in vague terms. Something about spirits and beasts and something.
+1 Sounds good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 24, 2023, 04:24:50 am »

I wouldn't say I'm back, just yet. I still very much feel like i already have a noose around my neck, just waiting for someone to open the hatch. heh.
But likewise. I am glad to be able to talk to you again in person, and hopefully soon all of my friends here on the forum. And i consider everyone on this forum to be my friends.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 24, 2023, 05:10:45 am »

I wouldn't say there's a noose around your neck I mean if Toady has to approve people to join the site and he let you on I don't think he cares that you've come back, and as long as you don't do anything to get his attention you should be fine. Also you can just blind in with all the new people that showed up with the steam release and no one will be the wiser.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 24, 2023, 09:43:33 am »

Seems like there's a story here I'm too new to know lol

also +1 for not letting Flax overshare

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 24, 2023, 03:34:12 pm »

Great to witness such an ensemble! Hail Maloy, good luck untangling this mess  :P I would rather not send you to the abyss that is... Everything I have made before three weeks ago, but I am doing text revisions, I guess you could put the storyline together. For...

whatever the first picture you drew of blackhoof was

A fool's dream it was, but the fool was persistent, here we are.

I welcome our dark overlord also, and thanks for the kind words, but get rekt it's brushes not tips a bit more expensive supplying the episodes, but more enjoyable to color in. I was a bit worried I might not be able to get these done as fast but apparently, reasonable updates I can manage weekly.

But i assume it was merely done to please Sas

No it won in the polls  :P

Hey you can do a standard DF three-word name for all I care, the directions I got was "think of a name" and until now everyone stood for a different one, so that's that. Masculine, not necessarily, I mean it will blend in surrounded by english. All I'm trying to say, meā culpā, frāter, quoque idiotus sum

See you the next update, a wonderful day it was and I hope for you as well. Bless you all!

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 24, 2023, 05:09:45 pm »

Hey now, lets not break out the ☼Drawing of Strif3☼'s quite yet. It's been less than 24h since i made my presence known. My return may yet prove short lived, and then it'll just be a serenade for a ghost. heh.
Though, i am thoroughly impressed by how perfectly you've managed to extrapolate a character from a mugshot. You know me too well, Q.
I welcome our dark overlord also
Ha ha, please. The last thing i need is someone taking that seriously and making me into a boogeyman of some kind lol.

Also you can just blind in with all the new people that showed up with the steam release and no one will be the wiser.
With a name intentionally intended to evoke my previous persona? Ha ha, I like your optimism. But any of the regulars will catch on in a heartbeat, especially if they're holding a grudge.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 25, 2023, 02:44:17 am »

With a name intentionally intended to evoke my previous persona? Ha ha, I like your optimism. But any of the regulars will catch on in a heartbeat, especially if they're holding a grudge.
I'm not sure people would know that unless you said it. Also as far as I can tell the only person that potentially holds a grudge is MaxTheFox still not really sure why, I was told some bullshit about the Deleted Twitter thread but I don't really remember anything happening there.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 29, 2023, 02:01:15 pm »

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 01:39:30 pm by Quaksna »

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 29, 2023, 05:00:17 pm »

Sickle huh? i guess Gisla Jr. is a farmer? Are we gonna have to regale the entire tale again?
Lets try to avoid that.

First we should lead in with jokingly asking whether Gisla Sr. taking in "stray soldiers" is a common occurrence? To break the ice.
then properly introduce ourselves and our companions and also ask who the little girl is. Then we can engage in idle chitchat about whatever, i guess until we go to sleep?
But we should also address our stoat friend. She's been way too quiet. We know she's pretty timid but i didn't expect her to be more timid at the table. If she's feelin' uncomfortable, i see no reason we should force her to sit there.

Also, thanks to that discussion about wizards, i've come up with a wonderful new idea for a spell. But now's not the right situation to be experimenting with new spells. Maybe later.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 05:06:05 pm by Strif3 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 30, 2023, 04:19:18 am »

Sickle huh? i guess Gisla Jr. is a farmer? Are we gonna have to regale the entire tale again?
Lets try to avoid that.

First we should lead in with jokingly asking whether Gisla Sr. taking in "stray soldiers" is a common occurrence? To break the ice.
then properly introduce ourselves and our companions and also ask who the little girl is. Then we can engage in idle chitchat about whatever, i guess until we go to sleep?
But we should also address our stoat friend. She's been way too quiet. We know she's pretty timid but i didn't expect her to be more timid at the table. If she's feelin' uncomfortable, i see no reason we should force her to sit there.

Also, thanks to that discussion about wizards, i've come up with a wonderful new idea for a spell. But now's not the right situation to be experimenting with new spells. Maybe later.
+1

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 05, 2023, 01:21:30 pm »

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 05, 2023, 05:46:48 pm »

What? Flax wants us to leave without even saying goodbye? Not a chance. We'll at least be polite enough to wait long enough to let them know we're leaving.

Q, By rough estimate, how much time do we have to mess around- assuming we decide to wait? Enough to potentially try the new spell? Also what's the situation around the house? Who's up? who's sleeping?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 06, 2023, 12:33:36 am »

Everyone's up, save Gisla the elder, therefore you can't really vanish without daying goodbye. Didn't come through in the update tho, I was scaling back and forgot to mention this.

As for how much time you have, well I don't know ask ur boss  :P

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 06, 2023, 04:47:10 am »

What? Flax wants us to leave without even saying goodbye? Not a chance. We'll at least be polite enough to wait long enough to let them know we're leaving.
+1 Wouldn't want to be rude and leave without thanking them for letting us stay.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 60