Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144839 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« on: October 23, 2019, 01:51:54 am »

"Hearken to me, to what I shall tell you now. Many could one find, of those who suffered greatly, indeed, like the blades of grass unnumbered I have seen them, for hardships and woe are the plight of mortals. But only a few have I seen, who despite this fate still would hold their head high proudly and under the weight of this burden help and serve others selflessly. The one I shall tell you about, was crushed like no other, and just as you has first lamented.
Yet he rose from the dirt and did such deeds, they shall marvel at them for the end of times. Behold, his story."

Dwarf Fortress -Drawings-
Tales of the Deer Wizard

Don't worry, the art gets progressively better. I hope. I started out of boredom, pretty much, I was quite headstrong kid back then, couldn't actually draw, had no idea about anything, really. And yet, it kept going. Someday, it might even achieve the -well crafted- modifier ;D Still, I'll be trying to update the art for your better enjoyment, in which case, there will be both the original and reimagined option available, sadly I don't have much time for that aside of the common updates anymore. The text is getting revisions also, as my english was quite limited and blunt at the time, also to unify the tone, as that has naturally changed over time too. Hope you still enjoy. If the images are too tough to swallow, I'd say chapter 3 part 22 it takes a turn for the better, my attitude especially. At the beginning of each chapter I have added recaps of the previous one, so no one needs to suffer through the first chapters neccessarily. The chapter 4 does a lot of catching up on its own, too.

Also we have a theme song now I guess

"So, guys, as you probably noticed, I've recently got into drawing, like, a lot. I improved a lot, and because I have perpetual inner desire to create art, and entertain you, let's launch another project, to get even busier. I will draw a story for you, but this time, you're pushing the story forward. A interactive webcomic, like we know and love. I would like to set it in the same universe as Tales of Kudarkalur, so that the stories may collide... Someday   ;D.
Let's start. Should I design you a hero? Or you want to fully customize one? Suggest, I shall draw, you shall consult it, it shall be great!"

- November 03, 2019, 08:43:03 am, when the journey started...

Yeah I don't recognize myself in that much :-D Note to clarify some years later:

As for how this relates to Kudarkalur exactly, I still intend to build onto it, but on its own it's unreliable and therefore cannot be canon, so details do not carry over automatically, only that which is confirmed in this story. Also, Kudarkalur wasn't written very seriously, think of these as stories about a single world and its people from two sources, and one of them was a dwarven drunk passing his tale to the adventurer with bad social awareness who couldn't get a better follower.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 01:58:04 pm by Quaksna »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 03:58:27 am »

How would character creation go in this, like are there stats and skills?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 04:43:08 am »

How would character creation go in this, like are there stats and skills?
That's up to you, but yes, there is certain stuff that would help me a lot:
1) Race. Definitely pick one.
2) Appearance and attributes. Skinny kobold or fat goblin?
3) Skills would help me get some background, so, if you have ideas, there you go.

Stuff me with ideas. And I shall interpret.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 04:46:48 am »

if we can pick our class, i say we go with something rather unusual. That being a
Necromancer
Assuming necromancers exist in this universe.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 04:57:41 am »

if we can pick our class, i say we go with something rather unusual. That being a
Necromancer
Assuming necromancers exist in this universe.

"You heard right, it's a cursed place." said Len, nodding his head. "Travellers say that who ventures into that swamp, his intents become corrupted, he gets terrifying strength and will guard the swamp forever. Some say that some wicked wizards mastered this foul magic, and can curse whole armies to become their thralls forever... Horrible fate. Only greatest of heroes were able to stop these dark lords and lift the curse away, and the soldiers could finally die, in peace..."
"Yeah, heard something about that, too. I heard they are trying to figure out how to raise dead bodies to fight for them again! Hah! Summoning spirits, okay, but raising dead... That's a joke!"
"Luckily, no dark lord was spotted for decades..."

- Len and Olmul

"That'sss jussst the deathmassster, leave him be. Besssidesss, you wouldn't capture him anyways, puny good-for-nothingsss!"

- The Golden Queen, to her servants

"I taught you secrets of death..."

- The Deathmaster, to Golden Queen

EDIT: More clearly described here
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 02:25:28 pm by Quaksna »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 06:43:47 am »

For race I say we be a Deer man.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 12:50:32 pm »

Necromancer

U wanna look like... This?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Spoiler: More like (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 07:07:47 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 01:45:05 pm »

Necromancer

U wanna look like... This?

Not that I'm objecting, I'm okay with deer wizards trying to uncover secrets of death. I'm not okay with undead and similar abominations, so they simply don't exist there  ;).

Pour ideas to my head
I'm in need of them so bad!

Welp no point in being a necro if we can't summon a horde of skellingtons. But the line about summoning spirits did give me an idea...

so how about this:
We are a Deer Man Summoner/Shaman. Our primary skills are herbal medicine and summoning angry nature spirits. For equipment we have a really long stick(that actually doesn't have any magical properties), a bunch of junk(feathers and whatever) stuck to our antlers as decoration but not much in the way of armor or clothing for that matter(aside from the basics). We've never really been in contact with civilization aside from whatever roaming Deer Man tribe we're part of.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 01:47:29 pm »

Alternative idea:
We are Wigmund the Bold, human warrior-adventurer!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 01:57:18 pm »

Hmmm. On one side, really interesting nomad setup, on the other, good old generic adventurer. I would prefer to draw human, definitely, but Strik3r has good ideas... Try to agree on something. Keep writing, this is gonna be fun!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 01:57:36 pm »

Alternative idea:
We are Wigmund the Bold, human warrior-adventurer!
How to produce the most bog-standard, uninspired and trite story ever: The Post.
(Don't worry, i know: You're joking... As am I. :P) right?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 02:14:12 pm »

I vote for Zultan's deer man.

Everyone who disagrees is a government.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 02:40:09 pm »

How to produce the most bog-standard, uninspired and trite story ever: The Post.
(Don't worry, i know: You're joking... As am I. :P) right?

But... but what if I'm not  :(

We are a Deer Man Summoner/Shaman.
+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 01:54:06 am »

I vote for Zultan's deer man.

Everyone who disagrees is a government.
Damn government keeping the deer man down.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 05:44:34 am »

Okay, it seems government has been defeated and Deer Man setup won. I drew information you gave me:

Looks a little plain, eh?
Please state color, body build, any appearance modifiers you would like. There are plenty of options...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59