Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144845 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2019, 08:22:27 am »

Lets go for normal deer colours, because doing something weird like neon green will get our deer wizard killed faster.

As for build I'm gonna say make him out of bricks or something whatever you think is best.

We might also need a fancy hat.

Also the deer man in the last picture is naked.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 08:51:40 am »

Lets go for normal deer colours, because doing something weird like neon green will get our deer wizard killed faster.
Theres plenty of varieties of "normal deer colours" to choose from, i vote we go with Fallow deer colouring.

We might also need a fancy hat.
We already have feathers and stuff on our antlers, i think thats plenty fancy for a tribal deer shaman.

Also the deer man in the last picture is naked.
I don't see a problem with this... :P
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 12:38:04 pm »

Something like this? With some spots on the back?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, now I know how he (I presume, he has antlers. We want to have something to hang feathers on, huh?) looks like I can draw first heroic scenes!

And, in the meantime, you can think about some talents, skills, something like that. And, more importantly, a name.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 01:03:02 pm »

Something like this? With some spots on the back?
Yeah

And, in the meantime, you can think about some talents, skills, something like that. And, more importantly, a name.
Well we already have two of the main skills set(Summoning(Nature/Elemental Spirits) and basic Herbal Medicine), if we need any more, i'd say anything that we would have picked up just surviving in the wild, plus a bit of leadership maybe.

a name.
Oh deer, someone else will need to provide THAT because i'm absolutely ABYSMAL with names. Do you have any idea how frequently i reuse names in my stories because i simply don't have any freaking ideas??!! Or the fact that i have an original species that i've been developing for 5 years that dont even have a name yet because every one i try on them, it just sounds stupid?
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 04:29:44 pm »

Or the fact that i have an original species that i've been developing for 5 years that dont even have a name yet because every one i try on them, it just sounds stupid?

Well see, there's a solution to that little problem.
Namely, discard your fear of stupidity.

Our name is Stagley Stagginson.

Alternative and slightly less ridiculous suggestion: we are Silvester of the North, Guardian of Wilderwood.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2019, 06:24:09 am »

Well we already have two of the main skills set(Summoning(Nature/Elemental Spirits) and basic Herbal Medicine), if we need any more, i'd say anything that we would have picked up just surviving in the wild, plus a bit of leadership maybe.
What about adding the ability to command regular animals to do stuff.

I first read that as Shaggy, and now I feel like we need a talking dog companion.

Also that's the name I'm voting for.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2019, 07:07:35 am »

I first read that as Shaggy, and now I feel like we need a talking dog companion.

Also that's the name I'm voting for.

Cut the 'Stagginson' part and i'll (begrudingly :P) be okay with this name. Doesn't change the fact that it's still really an ill-fitting name for a primitive tribal lol.
If it were up to me, i'd probably go with a native american (inspired) name.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2019, 12:50:50 pm »

Well now... a quick foray into behindthename.com yields "Catahecassa", a Shawnee name meaning "black hoof". How's that sound?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2019, 12:58:05 pm »

Well now... a quick foray into behindthename.com yields "Catahecassa", a Shawnee name meaning "black hoof". How's that sound?

i dunno what everyone else thinks, but i like it.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2019, 05:27:07 pm »

What about playing as harpy, queen antwoman, gremlin, brown recluse spiderman or troll? I can play all five characters, if you draw them.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2019, 01:04:49 am »

What about playing as harpy, queen antwoman, gremlin, brown recluse spiderman or troll? I can play all five characters, if you draw them.

Six characters? Right from the beginning? That's a little bit too much, I think. Of course, no problem drawing any of these five, but still?

What do you think, other players? Do we want to appease DerMeister?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2019, 01:24:10 am »

Why don't we combine them, and make Stagley Catahecassa.

No, lets just stay with what we've been working on.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2019, 01:38:07 am »

I think we should keep it simply as 'Catahecassa'. It fits better and i feel having a single name gives it more of a "punch".

No, lets just stay with what we've been working on.

Agreed.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2019, 03:23:38 am »

Also do we have to be a tribal, because I see no reason we can't be smarter than that.

I think we should keep it simply as 'Catahecassa'. It fits better and i feel having a single name gives it more of a "punch".

I don't see why having only one name gives it more punch, also what do you mean by it fitting better?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2019, 04:23:47 am »

what do you mean by it fitting better?
Well, we are talking about a tribal here. Not to mention these two names are cardinally different. Lets be honest, if a tribesman were to suddenly walk out of a forest, which of these two names would he more likely have?

I don't see why having only one name gives it more punch
I dunno, i guess its just a matter of personal taste, but i feel that the shorter something is, the more impactful it is.

Regardless, i think it would be best for someone else give their opinion on this and settle it.

Also do we have to be a tribal, because I see no reason we can't be smarter than that.
Tribal ≠ dumb. We are the Healer of our tribe after all, so we probably have an INT stat far outclassing any of our fellow tribesdeer. I think if we ever visit a town, we're gonna find plenty of "civilized" people dumber than us, especially when it comes to our specialization. Besides, being anything other than a bog-standard adventurer will make for a more interesting story.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59