Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144864 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

Lmao at Flax's face after he looked at his reflection, something tells me you had a lot of fun drawing that :P

[?]
Alright lets have a look at our comrades:

Pik. Judging by the markings on his face, be they warpaint or tattoos, are the sign of a warrior... He probably has more skills than just that bow...
Esem. He's a skilled hunter alright... White cloak in snow, he probably planned that. No doubt he's a better hunter than Sas, even if not a better shot.
Speaking of Sas... He's probably the best bowman in the party, spent all his time shooting at dummies or archery targets though... He's got the morale and mental fortitude of a blind puppy.
Olo. The strong silent type, probably takes his job dead serious. His loyalty to Uzin is absolute and should he be in danger, Olo will be the first to pounce.
Uzin. The leader, obviously. Likely the most sharp-witted of the bunch and likes barking out orders, possible military background? Various interesting symbols adorn his clothing. Less than thrilled with Flax's antics. Maybe we should quietly arrange a private meeting with him to discuss the Flax situation? Speaking of...

Flax. Or as Uzin called him: Cegad. I'm starting to get a clearer picture of what he is. The best single fighter in this group, could take everyone on at once and probably still walk out victorious.
Imagines himself as a charismatic silver-tongued devil and the sarcastic joker of the group. Suprisingly prone to slip-ups and miscalculations. He's brash and arrogant, rushes headfirst into trouble thinking he's invincible yet its possible to catch him off-guard and suprise him. We'll probably have to get rid of him, if for nothing other than the fact his condition is a liability and a ticking time-bomb. Maybe that's why we're here? His "condition"? Unlikely.
[?]

By the final image, it looks as if though we're next to a cliff? If so, maybe we can quickly but carefully peer over the edge and survey the terrain?

Also, i suggest we socialize with Uzin. Lets try and get up to speed on the party. If Olo tries to get in our way, lets make it bluntly clear that we're no threat to Uzin or anyone in this group for that matter.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets Play along with Flax's thing, and talk to everyone in the group to try to make friends.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Such a beautiful analysis...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 11:51:05 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe its time for a tiny demonstration of our powers?
Before we do anything else, lets summon a spirit raven, to scout out the flickering blue light. Keep a direct psychic link to the spirit so we'll know instantly
should it get shot down. If it manages to get above the light, lets have a look at it through the spirit's eyes.

I suspect the blue light is magical in nature, so its best not to walk blindly into a potential threat, especially if we can help it.

[?]
We know Flax is empowered by some kind of dark and magical energy. It may be possible to empower ourselves or others, but with a different kind of energy. Our power does not have to be dark or permanent.
It may be possible to bind a spirit directly to someone's body... Posession in essence, but without giving up control. And thus, they would gain (at least a part of) a spirit's power, for a time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 10:59:44 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1 Lets go look at the light with magical ghost ravens!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To danger we go, ourselves there to throw..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 06:30:23 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well isn't this a bit of a sticky situation we've found ourselves in? We're a shaman, IMO we can't really attack the spirit, especially if it isn't malicous, which it does not seem to be. Yet we also can't attack the wizard, else we might risk turning our newly gained friends against us. And there isn't nearly enough information for me to make a decision.

So my choice is to manipulate everyone to produce a desired outcome attempt to get a (at least temporary) cease-fire.

relay this
it's not the wizard that was calling for help. It was the wolf-being...
Fact to the rest of the party.

Then lets see if we can tell the wolf to get behind us( the party) and stop attacking, using whatever magical means it itself called for help. And lets not mention to anyone that we told it to do so.
Even if the wizard has ways to indirectly attack the wolf, he will still hopefully refrain from attacking for the fear of antagonizing our party. Or at least be stunned long enough for us to ask him as to why he's attacking the wolf. If not, well... we'll see how kindly our party will take to an "evil" wizard shooting lightning our way.

Of course this is just my idea for the course of action, if a more direct course is desired by some, then speak up.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

relay this

Then lets see if we can tell the wolf to get behind us( the party) and stop attacking, using whatever magical means it itself called for help. And lets not mention to anyone that we told it to do so.
Even if the wizard has ways to indirectly attack the wolf, he will still hopefully refrain from attacking for the fear of antagonizing our party. Or at least be stunned long enough for us to ask him as to why he's attacking the wolf. If not, well... we'll see how kindly our party will take to an "evil" wizard shooting lightning our way.

Of course this is just my idea for the course of action, if a more direct course is desired by some, then speak up.
+1 To making friends with the ghost wolf.

shreckneps

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Well isn't this a bit of a sticky situation we've found ourselves in? We're a shaman, IMO we can't really attack the spirit, especially if it isn't malicous, which it does not seem to be. Yet we also can't attack the wizard, else we might risk turning our newly gained friends against us. And there isn't nearly enough information for me to make a decision.

So my choice is to manipulate everyone to produce a desired outcome attempt to get a (at least temporary) cease-fire.

relay this

+1. Attempt to stop the fight, work things out.
We are a shaman, and the wolf's magic feels familiar, so I don't think we should be fighting the wolf.
On the other hand, there are a lot of humans, including some psuedo-Witcher.. We don't want to be fighting them.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

I will never forgive myself for not discovering this thread until today. Why did no one tell me this exists?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2019, 03:01:25 am »

Don't get distracted, no new images, but your ideas are being processed... I have to do what needs to be done.

PlumpHelmetMan, you're publicly forgiven and welcome to our commune.

And that Escaped Lunatic, shreckneps, deserves instant promotion for coming up with Pseudo-Witcher. First post, absolute banger. I love you guys.

Also, I've been thinking over having some sort of artistic website, Fandom wiki could be enough. Since I have already two stories (not sure if Kudarkalur's gettin' update... Probably not for a looooong time) set in same universe, I might run a Fandom wiki, just for fun. What do you think, isn't it too egoistic idea?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2019, 05:59:27 am »

Not that i intend to dampen your spirits Quaksna, but is there really enough substance to the world to make a wiki? Also it would become outdated very fast and require constant upkeep to stay up to date with the story.
Also, are Kudarkalur and this story really set in the same universe? i've never really delved into the papercrafts thread but i thought it was more strictly Dwarf Fortress than this story. And something tells me that the world of this story is going to get a lot more wild than it already is.

+1. Attempt to stop the fight, work things out.
We are a shaman, and the wolf's magic feels familiar, so I don't think we should be fighting the wolf.
On the other hand, there are a lot of humans, including some psuedo-Witcher.. We don't want to be fighting them.
Welcome to the forums :D
And you're right, Flax does feel kinda like a discount Witcher doesn't he? Plus questionable moral fiber, lol. Thankfully he doesn't really have any magical abilities.
Him and whatever dark power he possesses (or does it possess him?) are one heck of mystery and i love that.

Let me use this post to say something i've wanted to say for a while: I absolutely love this story thus far.
It has something that no other thread like it has, it feels more "serious". Somehow, to me it feels more dark and gritty than other stories in this subforum and i'm a big fan of darker stories. Sure, all DF stories have the standard DF-brand dark humor but most bank more on the "humor" aspect where this story feels like it has more of the "dark" aspect. Suprisingly, the drawings don't detract from that feeling, they add to it.
"The End of Heroes" would've been just as good of a name for this. It feels like we're not really a hero, we're just surviving. TBH we stopped being a hero when we summoned our dead friend's spirit shade (honestly that thing was legit terrifying. You did a good job drawing that.1) to fight for us, and with no objections from anyone, i might add.  I think the way you put a bit more pressure on the players seriously adds to that feeling, and pressure is good (to an extent) as it discourages taking stupidly suicidal actions. The fight with Flax really made that clear. (i know, you wouldn't have ended the story so soon, but it was still a nice way to raise the stakes)
Another thing i like is how we started with a decently compentent and powerful character yet not a overpowered one. (Also beware of power creep plz)

Of course these are just my opinions on the story, and i may just be deluding myself and seeing in the story whatever i want to see.

1. The way you drew the shade greatly reminded me of something: Tell me, you ever played AdventureQuest?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2019, 06:20:36 am »

Not AdventureQuest, never really tried it. But I'm a huge fan of Dragonfable, still playing. Really good, I can only recommend it.

And yeah, when I looked at Kudarkalur, I was legit surprised what I was able to come up with within span of a year, and the content's not small, the weak point I would say it's that it really is more centered around characters than anything else, with few recurring locations. And the wiki, it's not really about informing people, it's I've got an idea and my creative potential forces me to realize it (I would sometimes like to turn my creative potential off. But it's fun.). So yeah, it's more like I wanna create something. Not that it's needed ;D.

And yeah, this is definitely more serious than Kudarkalur. Kudarkalur is basically fantasy comedy series, with some main story. Semi-sitcom.

Speaking of Tales of Kudarkalur...

There's a great thing about creating linear story how you can keep connecting things from the past to the new ones, unravel mysteries, let things grow and alter... It's so... So... Fulfilling! I love creating stuff. Oh, I should draw, right? Yeah, let's draw. Later.

It's really fun talking over stuff with you guys. We should do that more...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 11:00:38 am by Quaksna »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2019, 07:09:29 am »

I'd like to mention I'm also enjoying this story.

shreckneps

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2019, 07:00:17 pm »

I've been lurking in the forums for a while.. This story is what made me decide to finally make an account. AQ/Dragonfable are pretty fun, I mainly played Dragonfable.. should go back and check it out again.

On the wiki question -- I could see value in a organized collection of this stuff. Not sure if a wiki is the best way to go about it, but it's a simple way.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59