Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144841 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2019, 08:30:17 am »

The very air feels warped...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 12:58:00 pm by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2019, 09:49:28 am »

well, that went less than ideally.
But i suppose we do have a favour to return to Flax now, so lets try to heal his face. Lets try to look for any healing herbs but if that doesn't work, lets fall back on a healing spell.

Also, lets talk to Uzin and ask him about the so called "Runecarvers".

And talk to the wolf being too, does it have a name? What is it: a transformed shaman/druid, some kind of empowered animal/guardian or a half-spirit? Also since it can communicate in a magical way, lets use that to secretly tell it that we(blackhoof) wont let it be turned over to anyone.

[?]
This was rather unexpected behaviour from Flax.
There may be even more to him than i initially thought. It may be that his dark power has corrupted him, and his... odd personality is a result of that. I suppose the last question is: Did he take this power willingly (and now potentially regrets it?) or did it possess him in some way? I suspect we'll find that out in due time.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

shreckneps

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2019, 04:34:32 pm »

+1 to trying to heal Flax, asking about the Runecarvers, and trying to get more info from the wolf

I'm not sure that promising not to let the wolf be captured is the best thing, at least not until we have more information. The Runecarvers are apparently authorities of some sort, and also a powerful organization. Defying them, especially in such an open way, may not be the smartest thing to do. Additionally, we don't know anything about the wolf, other than its magic being familiar. What if the Runecarvers have a genuine reason to capture him?
I think it's most likely that the wolf is innocent, and that we should side with him.. But what if he isn't? And what if he's just being brought to a trial of some sorts, where he could be found innocent anyways, and the only thing our resistance accomplishes is damning us all?
To know how we should side, we need to learn more about both the Runecarvers and about the wolf. I don't think we should make firm commitments until we have an idea of their implications.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2019, 05:17:52 pm »

For all of Cegad's murderous bravado... I feel we may have more of a friend in him than we thought. Somehow.

+1 to trying to heal Flax, asking about the Runecarvers, and trying to get more info from the wolf
+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2019, 05:33:04 pm »

We'll see, ideally, we'll never meet the bloody Runecarvers. If we can anticipate such a meeting, the wolf can run away before we actually meet them. After all, we can sense magical auras (and if any Runecarvers can too, let 'em chase after the thing themselves) and the wolf can turn freaking invisible, at which point no one in our party (aside from us) can track it. There is of course the fear that the runecarver we met will tell of this to his runecarver friends and they expect a deer man and a red-eyed fighter to be followed by an anomalous wolf thing1... We just have to hope that this was a low-priority thing and the incident report will get caught up in some kind bureaucracy and/or forgotten and buried.

1. This gave me an idea: They might be expecting an anomalous wolf thing, yes... But i'm sure we could summon a spirit that closely enough emulates or can take the form of the wolf creature, while the real thing has turned 180 degrees and is already miles away. The fools will run around a maze made of lies and illusions like the moronic rats that they are...

All of this is assuming of course that the wolf creature is benign.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2019, 08:13:42 am »

For all of Cegad's murderous bravado... I feel we may have more of a friend in him than we thought. Somehow.

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2019, 09:39:04 am »

The party goes on silence, the burden of game upon their shoulders... Oh, you hanged those on Sas. Well...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 08:02:40 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2019, 12:33:13 pm »

|●●●● ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●●●●|
[Insight]
If what the wolf creature says is true, there's a chance the runecarvers will target us as well at some point, speaking of the wolf creature, maybe we should get it to teach us how to transform too, sometime.

I'm still unsure whom to trust, everyone seems genuine enough. But i suppose that's the trick with liars, no? I guess we just have to be ready for any one of them to double-cross us at any time. Lets hope no-one does.

A forest fire, in the middle of winter?! Something's not right here. Somehow i doubt a campfire or a torch is enough to light the damp wood on fire in the middle of winter. It would probably take... a lightning bolt, yet the sky is completely clear. This had to be done by a wizard's hand.
A runecarver? Unless the one we met decided to take his frustration out on the forest/village, no.
An unknown evil wizard... maybe.
That only leaves... A shaman... I'm only aware of one tribe around here... and that's our own. Did they attack the humans as revenge for Crackantler? But why the forest?

I'm hoping we find a better explanation for this soon, i don't like how this is shaping up.
I suppose there's a chance that an exremely hot (and un-natural) flame might have lit the forest on fire?

Unless we know how to do a wicked rain/snow dance, i don't think there's much we can do against the fire.
I guess we could summon our trusty scout raven and look ahead. That way we can get a nice overview/map of the nearby area, too. I was hoping to leave that for later when we were in town, but oh well.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2019, 01:50:58 pm »

Whatever else we do, offer to take up some of Sas' burden for him. He shouldn't have to carry all that junk.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

shreckneps

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2019, 08:09:37 pm »

I like the idea of using the scout-bird to get an idea of the surroundings as a whole..
The forest fire is very worrying though. I agree that it is probably intentional, and that we probably can't stop it. However, if we choose, I think we'd stand a decent chance at finding the person responsible and stopping them from starting another. I also think that we have some responsibility to do something about the forest fire.. Or maybe not, we're a shaman, not a druid.

On Runecarvers.. It seems like they are an amoral NGO. A very powerful one. I don't think that intentionally offending them is a smart idea, even if it is moral.. However, they have already been offended by us interfering with the arrest. Our human party-mates best hope is appeasing an already-given offense by surrendering the wolf, rather than preventing offense. If we travel with them to do that, we may be forgiven also. However, Flax has beef with the Runecarvers.. The Wolf supposedly is innocent and being hunted by the Runecarvers.. We don't entirely know the morality of either of these people, but it seems as though there is a conflict between Runecarvers and all other Magickers. It seems as though our choice is really to side with the Runecarvers or with Flax. The Runecarvers are a large magical organization, so we could probably learn more about using magic by joining them.. If the type of magic they use functions similarly to Shamanic, or they have some Shamans. If not, we might be able to pick up a second type of magic(is magic learnable? genetic? mixed?). On the other hand, the Runecarver we saw had no knowledge of Flax's powers, so it may be harder to figure him out if we side with the Runecarvers. We may also have to fight him, which could prove quite difficult.. If he beat us and whichever Runecarvers were present when we tried to join, it would likely be the end of our story. If not, it would be a long way back to his good books.

On Wolf.. We could quite easily set the Wolf free. If he turns invisible, only we can stop him from leaving.. If it happened when we were in no position to do so, like during someone else's watch at night, we could even claim innocence and not offend our party members. On the other hand, if we want to side with the Runecarvers, it would be in our best interest to stop him from leaving.. Either way, I think we should ask him to stay for at least a few nights to teach us some Shamanic powers, and maybe provide some insight into our party members. Specifically, I think we should try and figure out how to spirit morph. We should also ask if he knows some means of long distance magical communication. This would be useful in a few different schemes related to him. We could, for example, have him escape from the humans but continue our tutelage at a distance. Or we could have him escape, and then rejoin our party when we and Flax leave the other humans, to try and build a coalition of anti-Runecarver Magickers.

Flax.. He didn't even notice that he was burnt. However, he thought we might be able to fix his eyes being red. Would this mean undoing the Alterations Flax has undergone? Or just undoing the visibility of it? This also means he doesn't understand his Alterations entirely. He doesn't know whether we can fix his red eyes -- if he knew we could, he probably would've asked earlier. If he knew we couldn't, he would've told us so when we offered. So he's trying to figure his powers out, just like we are.

My suggested course of action:

Ask Wolf if he can do anything about the fire
Send out a scout to get a feel for the land, or the fire
Ask Wolf if he will stay a few nights and teach us how to spirit-morph, and some way of contacting him if we separate
After we have learned what we can, or we are approaching a larger group of humans, tell Wolf to leave invisibly while we are asleep
If we and Flax split from the party reasonably soon/close, try and meet back up with Wolf to form a new party, opposed to the Runecarvers

Alternatively, we could side with the Runecarvers:

Ask Wolf if he can do anything about the fire
Send out a scout to get a feel for the land, or the fire
Ask Wolf if he will stay a few nights and teach us how to spirit-morph, and some way of contacting him if we separate
When Wolf tries to leave, pressure him into staying longer.. See if we can keep him with the party to be turned into the Runecarvers, or milk him for as much magicks as possible
When we meet with the Runecarvers, try to discreetly talk with one of them to warn them that Flax is very dangerous and ask if you can join
Join the Runecarvers, and attempt to learn magic from them

I think that siding against the Runecarvers is the preferable choice. They seem to not hold moral high ground. They are powerful, but so is Flax, and we can build up power by rallying all the Outcast Magickers against the Runecarvers. They might be good to learn magic from, but they also might not know Shamanic magic, while we know that Wolf does. We also wouldn't have to build relations with an entirely new group of people.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2019, 08:44:01 pm »

wow, that's quite indepth, beats my little infoblurbs by a mile.

But i think we should take everything one step at a time.

However, yes, choosing our current party over the runecarvers is probably the wiser choice. After all, it seems like they're not really fond of shamanic magic, maybe the reason the one back there left us alone is because he didn't know that we are a shaman, because we didn't really cast any spells (i don't think he figured out that the raven was ours).

On Flax: There is still the chance he's just manipulating us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2019, 04:22:46 pm »

Boo runecarvers, they sound awful.

Lets just go around the fire and pretend it isn't there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2019, 08:37:26 am »

You're writing more than I am. How's that possible...

Spoiler: Reimagined, 2.6. 2022 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Original (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 06:21:15 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2019, 01:17:21 pm »

|●●●● ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●●●●|
[Insight]
A bloodbind is more than just a way to communicate. Its like a permanent psychic and emotional link with no range limit and no way to "turn it off". Its a way to magically link two individuals together nearly as if they were one and thus should not be taken lightly. A lot of things might potentially (and unintentionally) get sent across. It's a massive burden for the sake of tutoring.

Abilities can always be self-taught and through practice, trial and error. A master develops their own techniques.

I'm gonna reiterate my previous suggestion of summoning our scout spirit raven again to scout ahead and try to find out the cause of the fire.

Also lets turn down the offer for the bloodbound spell.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2019, 08:51:33 am »

I'm gonna reiterate my previous suggestion of summoning our scout spirit raven again to scout ahead and try to find out the cause of the fire.

Also lets turn down the offer for the bloodbound spell.
+1 Bloodbound seems like more trouble than its worth.

Also what do we have to do to fill that little insight bar you got going?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 59