Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 148128 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 04:00:41 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

OOC: Glad that you had it in you to get this update to us. You may have not left a whole lot of choices for actions to take, but plenty to speculate on.

|●●●●● ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●●●●|
["Insight"]
Quote from: Insight
Esem is a good hunter, but he's not so Fresh when it comes to magic. In fact he's downright adorably clueless yet curious about it. Either out of genuine interest, because he's skeptical... or maybe even afraid of it.

"When you prepare well, you don't have to worry...", a comforting lie. The truth is, you can't prepare for everything. For example, the fact that now we walk alongside his killer every day.

The wolf, he indeed does seem okay. We still don't know why the Runecarvers consider him a threat. Is being a druid really enough to be considered a threat, or maybe the runecarvers have been hunting him for years already...

And the whole forest fire is still concerning... WHY?! why a seemingly random forest, what's in it that needed to be burnt? It may not have been about the forest, and a terrible surprise may be in store for us in the near future...

Guess that forest didnt... have a guardian... Sometimes powerful spirits inhabit great trees and watch over expansive forests but... not this one.

You know, since we're already on this track of experimenting with magic, we might as well keep going. Since we seem to have some measure of control over elemental spirits, lets see if we can't hasten our movement a little... Lets try to summon a wind to push us forward. Something powerful enough to make our party's movement forward hastened, but not enough to knock anyone over, at least not intentionally.

Also, lets ask Sas about his lack of beard... yes, for real.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Magnificent.
Eventually I want to press forward with our thermodynamic work, maybe start hurling some proper fireballs... but for now

Lets try to summon a wind to push us forward. Something powerful enough to make our party's movement forward hastened, but not enough to knock anyone over, at least not intentionally.

+1

By the by, what's the story with this "Insight" block you've been doing Strik3r?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the by, what's the story with this "Insight" block you've been doing Strik3r?
Well, its a bit complicated... But first of all, Quaksna if you don't like it, you can just tell me to knock it off, its your game and you're in control. Its just a bit of a side thing, i'll try to tell a bit without giving too much away:
I'm someone who likes "breaking the mold" so to speak and i noticed a bit of a growing problem with ToDW, so "Insight", formed and refined over several turns, was my idea of a fun solution to the problem.

Also, the bar has a strict ruleset that i adhere to for increasing it, i don't do it randomly.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets try to summon a wind to push us forward. Something powerful enough to make our party's movement forward hastened, but not enough to knock anyone over, at least not intentionally.

So you don't want anyone to notice, do I get this right? Because, well, you can present the idea to others, or ask Elév for help, or...  ;)

Insight's great. Keep it up, everytime I see it, I smile. Your character analysis (and Shreckneps's) show dedication and passion, if anything. I appreciate it greatly.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

ToDW?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ToDW?

Tales of the Deer Wizard. I drop the "the" because it rolls off the tongue better this way.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magnificent.
Eventually I want to press forward with our thermodynamic work, maybe start hurling some proper fireballs... but for now

+1
+1

I'm glad to see this back.

Also whats the strict rule set needed to increase the insight bar?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also whats the strict rule set needed to increase the insight bar?

It wouldn't be nearly as fun if i gave away all the secrets, now would it? :P

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You must know...

Spoiler: The episode (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 05:02:21 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Insight's great. Keep it up, everytime I see it, I smile. Your character analysis (and Shreckneps's) show dedication and passion, if anything. I appreciate it greatly.

that the case? well how about we kick it up a notch and make the bar a bit more exciting? No more crudely constructed and uninteresting text based bar, from now on its gonna be a rendered graphic:
You should know: the last orb looks beautiful when its lit up... too bad its 17(!) pips away.
If its too big, i can always render it smaller. it was too big.

I suppose Flax's motivations make sense in hindsight, he is a mercenary after all. It is probable that his job was to fetch a shaman... for whom? We don't know, yet.

And so does the opposition to the Runecarver shared by Flax and Elév, especially if they are somehow connected, perhaps they are of the same organization or something? Maybe the exchange was not indicative of any connection between the two? As for the object Flax handed to Elév, it could've been a small trinket or a gem or crystal, possibly enchanted. If it was enchanted, it is possible that it is a contact crystal, a way to communicate over long distances.
Oh, wouldn't it be so much easier if y... we could open our eyes to the spirit world...? See all the things that are invisible to the naked eye?

Is the forest fire somehow related to those two too? maybe its too easy to get carried away and see connections where they're not there. Still, it is haunting.

And maybe its better if we don't try this spell again right now. If we put our anger into it, we might well summon a storm... unless that's what we want to blow off some steam?

I think the right thing to do right now is just Keep traveling and keep one eye on both flax and elév, we're a deer so it shouldn't be too hard, i mean our eyes are on the sides of our head. While i dont think either of them will do anything incriminating, its probably best if we dont do anything in our currently angered state.
(OOC: sorry theres just nothing to act on right now, unless im missing something incredibly obvious)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(OOC: sorry theres just nothing to act on right now, unless im missing something incredibly obvious)

That's okay. If there's nothing direct to be done, I am free to use my secret weapon, timeskip! Muahahahaha!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets keep following, and maybe make a storm from our rage.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beware, overload of stuff ahead...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 03:51:38 pm by Quaksna »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 59