Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144862 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for your greetings Q'uaksna, and Strik3r too !

And I wanted to add something about the last parts of the story: maybe that when Flax gave something to Elév, it was an empty vial for him (Elév) to put some blood in it, in the idea that we would eventually proceed to the bloodbound spell. It would be a simple explanation, but maybe also he gave him more than one thing at the same moment. Who knows ?

So, continue following your flow of inspiration Q'uaksna ! A grand adventure awaits us all ! :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 08:45:13 am by Yellow Pixel »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Yknow what? There's an easy solution to all this vial speculation.
Pull Cegad aside at some point all sneaky-like and ask. Might work, might not-- but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Sounds like the Discord channel ain't happening-- if y'all decide you want one after all, there's a Bay12 forum game Discord I could try and set you up on.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pull Cegad aside at some point all sneaky-like and ask. Might work, might not-- but it wouldn't hurt to try.
+1

You're probably right Superdorf ! As Flax wants us to think that he is our friend, he might say that the blood vial was effectively meant to make the bloodbound spell and that it isn't dangerous to do so. But it still could be a lie and the vial mystery wouldn't be lifted at all !

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we sure the vial is blood, I mean it could be something completely innocent and we just think it's bad because we're paranoid.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now that it's hidden, you try to find out what's the deal with it. It's definitely blood of a creature, and it's red. You sniff it, and Olo snickers again.

It has Flax's scent on it, but he was carrying it, so that's not very convincing. Apart from that the smell of the blood itself is not familiar on it. You try to find tracks of magic on it.

It hasn't the Flax spell on it. You feel shaman magic from your pouch, but wait, there's some coming out of the vial, too!

And it's Elév's magic.

There's effectively blood in the vial (probably Elév's blood), so we aren't paranoid. For now, at least... :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 08:42:08 am by Yellow Pixel »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm terribly sorry I'm delivering so little after such a long time, it's tough for me to find time to draw outside of subway travels right now. Also I might want to retire my pencils, it bleaches instantly so everything's so light.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 06:57:52 am by Quaksna »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We should ask about the village we're heading to, also do we even have a plan for what we're doing when we split from the group?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wonderful ! Our magical skills are getting better and better, and we are now able to tame cute wolves ferocious animals ! But we don't have more information to decide our future course of action... We only have discovered that Pik suffer from recurrent insomnia and the nature of dice.

The way I see it, we should give the two wolves to Uzin's settlement: it might be in dire need of protection if the sorcerer from our nightmare is nearby. Moreover, I think it might not be a good idea to keep them because something tell me that if Elév becomes our ennemy, he could find a way to control them and use them to attack us or spy on us. His magical power is potentially greater than ours and maybe wolves are more inclined to listen to him (but is Elév a wolf woman shaman ? (or a wolf woman shawoman ? :P).

Also Q'uaksna, you don't have to be sorry for taking a few weeks to prepare that story part, quality writing takes time and free time is scarce for most people. And I wish you to find some forgotten beasts that don't have a bleaching breath ! :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 11:12:07 am by Yellow Pixel »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also Q'uaksna, you don't have to be sorry for taking a few weeks to prepare that story part, quality writing takes time and free time is scarce for most people. And I wish you to find some forgotten beasts that don't have a bleaching breath ! :D

Oh boy, he knows!

He knows the lore! He's first Q'uaksnalogist evah!

The issue is not that I wouldn't have free time, in fact, I have too much of it! There's so much stuff to do, and ToDW takes lesser priority. When I started creating for the forums, I was extremely frustrated, feeling that conventions of this mad world force me to do stuff I don't want to, and more importantly, force me to waste time. Papercrafts and Drawings afterwards were a thing I compensated this feeling with, I remember in the earliest days as soon as I arrived home at 3 pm I set up a scene, took photos, and posted a new episode of Papercrafts within two hours, as I was leaving again.

As I have grown more mature, I've come to terms with my life, and I am pretty content now (also the screw press of society is gone for the holidays), so I don't feel that need anymore. Eh, just ramblin'.

As you brought out that shaman book, I haven't really studied anything, though I am familiar with some tribal cultures. As far my fantasy settings go, and magic systems in them, it is majorly influenced with Catholic stuff (existence of spirit beings, certain hierarchy of beings, soul and afterlife concepts etc.), obviously. Black and other wizards have innate ability to do things others can't, you can attempt magic without this, but that would be what we call "witchcraft" in this world. Like the grand Tolkien himself, I take certain aspects of my faith and use them in my works rather than some direct allegory (like Lewis).

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I understand now, you don't find enough time to satisfy your creative mind but you have too much free time... So you actually happen to be in a similar situation to mine, but in my case, I constantly have too much free time. You see, I'm suffering from DMD (Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy), so my health is very fragile and my energy level is generally very low.

I currently live with my parents and I don't have a job nor am I pursuing any studies. Two years ago, I was studying history at university but my physical state have been degrading too much since. And just as you, I would love to write stories and create worlds by the power of words (but my drawing skills are practically inexistant). However, I never had the chance or the energy to write much stuff. But I'm trying !

For your part, you seem to hate wasting your time but you must learn to accept that you cannot have control on all the aspects of your life and all the pressures coming with it ! You're young at least and if you find a way to become more patient, you'll become more happy and satisfied of your life.

Finally, let me tell you that the way you're using your religious beliefs as a source of inspiration is making very good results !

Also
He's first Q'uaksnalogist evah!
:P

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 11:22:55 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

Pik seems to be a talented animal trainer, it only took him half a night at most to train them, quite impressive.
He also has never seen... or rather heard a newborn child, they are not exactly... quiet. Maybe its different for humans?
He wears his fight against some foxmen like a badge of honor, as if he's a big hero for warding off a few starved forest dwellers probably just looking for food.
For being a hunter, he's got a pretty poor knowledge of the wilds... maybe why he isn't much of a hunter anymore. The whitecloak, Esem was it? he is a much better hunter.

Now with all we know about the vial, it is almost certainly related to the bloodbound spell, or something worse... Why are we still carrying it around?!

Shame that we can not be in all of these places at once... but this is a human settlement. Its filthy, and there are bound to be little furry rodents who call this place their home. If only we could peek inside their minds or at least talk to them, we could find out everything about this town.

Still, it isn't exactly hard to figure out what these places are.
Where there's smoke, there's fire, and the house with the iron sign with a sword on it out front, is making a lot of smoke... and maybe swords?
the second, is almost certainly a communal place of some kind. Humans are unsubtle, so the house is almost certainly called the "Smiling Boar"...
The third with the feather and black bottle is... it is uncertain... but maybe a feather could be used to write on stuff if you coat it with something... in addition to being great headwear. We should try it sometime, the writing idea...
For the alley... well its an alley, but theres probably human stuff in the crates.

Flax is as suspicious as ever, we should follow him... not as ourselves of course. Lets modify the spirit-raven trick a little and Summon and take control of a Spirit Rat and find a way inside the same house that Flax went into. A Rat should be able to stay out of sight easily, if normal, human eyes can even see spirit creatures :P
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say we poke around in the alley a see if there is anything interesting sitting around, but before we do that +1 to the rat ghost thing Strik3r said.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Summon and take control of a Spirit Rat and find a way inside the same house that Flax went into.
+1

And as King Zultan proposes, let's take a look to what's hidden in the alley if we still have the time.

It was nice to see the expressions of the characters in this episode, especially when we give the wolves to Pik and when Uzin makes the acquaintance of one of them.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Announcement.

When I was cooking myself a lunch, my phone fell down to the sink into boiling water. While it works, the touchscreen died. So I can't use it.

Why is this a big deal - well, my phone was a very important in the process of creating stuff for Bay 12 Forums, I wrote all the scripts on it via Gmail, and I took photos of my work and uploaded them on Imgur right away so everything could be processed further. While I can write scripts on PC, the real issue is with the photos, it kind of totally crippled this process.

I have the next segment planned, I started sketching, but I can't possibly tell when I will be able to deliver it, I've got a pilgrimage road-trip (man that sounds weird) on schedule just a few days away, so yeah. I don't know.

This also concerns +Papercrafts+, which makes me sad, for there I have everything prepared to be processed. This is gonna be tough, hold on! Thank you.

Also a poll update.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 59