Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 149513 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2020, 12:55:12 pm »

Maybe he's (or she's) from some kind of sect, especially with the curious runes on the border of the mask?

Those are intended to be crude breathing holes. Guess the close up required more detail  :D

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2020, 12:56:05 pm »

Waaaiiit... You can do that?

*Excited Spirit Rat noises*

Well, that's handy to know...

Looks pretty sparsely furnished for a smithy... i expected more tools somehow.
The smith looks like he could break a person in half... Guess thats what a life of smithing does to you. He does have a bit of a belly though... probably drinks lots of ale.

Again its curious that Flax would need another sword, but he's in a hurry. Its clear that it was intended for someone else... A faint possibility is that it was for us.

I suppose having Sas with us isn't a bad thing... but we must remember that while he's a good shot, he's unaccustomed to actually fighting and killing things.

For all the strangeness of the masked person, Flax is equally unusual... His manner of speech for one, I've never heard anyone use 'cool' in that way before...

But the masked one is still more odd.
There is a bit of green in his eyes, I think this is the first person with green eyes we've seen...
There are also some kind of runes on the side of the mask.
The hood is lifted up strangely. Unless there is some strange stitching there, a hood shouldn't dip in the middle.
Like there's something lifting the hood in that way... I'm not sure even large ears could do that. Unless its silk, the ears would be pushed down by the hood, not the other way around.
I'm guessing horns... but they're so short, they're either intentionally cut down or the horns are naturally that short...

Apologize for bothering him and remark that he just sticks out.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2020, 05:26:14 am »

We should kick his ass leave him alone and continue on with whatever our quest is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2020, 07:25:45 pm »

If the masked figure says nothing when we tell him that he sticks out like sore thumb. Then we apologize for bothering him and leave with Flax and Sas to the tavern. There we will ask Sas what he know about the masked figure since he said he seen him around before. Once we are done questioning Sas we should summon a rat spirit to spy the Masked figure and see what they are up to.

I think the masked figure is an Owl person, by the way their  head is shaped.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 11:49:03 am by Quaksna »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should probably find it concerning that alley guy disappeared and left only blood behind, but its not like we can do anything about it.

Let us start off on our next EPIC QUEST!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, we're "Unusual" eh? The tavern probably doesn't see many deer-people, but we were probably not the first. If only they knew how "unusual" he really is...
Not to mention Flax.
It's strange he was was so ready to pay for the food. What is exactly going on in his head?

So, we're in Wintervale and are going south-east, toward the southern sea. That doesn't tell much, but judging from Sas' exclamation, there might be a bit of a long journey ahead.
And there's also dwarves and goblins that way, and apparently there's a war going on between them. I heard neither of them mention Elves, and hopefully... Really hoping there aren't any.
But now we also know that we're going to Flax's home... The bits are starting to add up. The reasons one would travel so far north just for a single shaman are few. Maybe Flax was sent out on a quest because the place either needs an exorcist or a healer... Badly. There's of course the possibility of a more nefarious motive, but surely he would realize we wouldn't use our magic for evil.

But someone else might need a healer too... Judging from the bloodstain, the masked fellow might be wounded. Hmph... Why'd we not consider that? Whomever's it is, we should find out where they are.
The masked guy continues to be far far more interesting than whatever quest Flax is on.

The other three think that the fire was set by a dragon, huh? I guess they're right, the same thought crossed my mind. But then the question is... Why? Why a forest? Was there something in that forest? Or was it just a bit too eager with fire-breath? However, i'm unsure where the idea that dragons have "hoards" comes from... Hmph, silly humans with their silly human notions.
Were it true, i suppose the explanation would depend on how smart dragons are... Yet another thing that we dont know.

"Slaying" a dragon? What were you thinking, Blackhoof? There'd be no "slaying", the three of us would just be a nice meal for one. Even Flax with his fancy swordsmanship would just end up burnt to a crisp or slashed apart.

While the masked figure might not be anywhere to be seen, with that blood stain there, he should be easy to find. There just so happens to be a particular animal with exceptionally good olfactory senses.
That, and i wanna see how the village will respond to it... hehehe.
Flax and his quest can wait, this is far more interesting.

Summon a spirit wolf to sniff out the bloodstain's owner. If Flax has any objections to it, tell him to stuff it.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we sure we want to mess with the alley guy?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we sure we want to mess with the alley guy?
There is no situation that could arise from it that wouldn't benefit us somehow.
There is no need to fear a conflict; Flax needs us alive. And even his death would benefit us, because then we'd be free of him.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Summon a spirit wolf to sniff out the bloodstain's owner. If Flax has any objections to it, tell him to stuff it.
+1

My first thought had been that Flax could get angry if we investigate about the disappearance of the alley guy, but should we really care about it? I mean, it's a very intriguing matter and I really don't think that Flax is going to beat us for it just before our travel, especially as he seems to try to stay on good terms with us (maybe that's why he willingly paid for the spices). Furthermore, let us tell him that we worry for the safety of the strange guy, with all that blood on the snow, so he will understand that our intentions are good. But if he still have objections, yes, he certainly can stuff it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is no situation that could arise from it that wouldn't benefit us somehow.

He could stab us, and I see no way that would benefit us.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To make Flax a bit less angry and spare his impatience, ask him to visit the blacksmith again and buy him one or two bucklers to be better protected from fire in case of a dragon attack. Ask him also to make sure that we have all the necessary provisions before our long travel. Tell him that during this time we are going to follow the tracks of the alley guy.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2020, 07:50:58 am »

Dear -Drawings- team,
due to depletion of our light brown stocks, we had to scale down our drawings in certain aspects. Here is the list of all the necessary repercussions caused by this unfortunate reality:

1) First off, we're killing off Blackhoof.

2) The project will from now on looks like this, to save maximum amount possible of color:

The alternative option is using a new crayon. I will for this one episode, but consider the innovations above... (please don't)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2020, 08:30:15 am »

"Right, the sword was for Flax himself, it was silly to think that Flax actually cares enough about us that he'd want to arm us properly.

It's still not clear what he wants us for, but its something. Something he thinks we can help him and his "people" with.

Those don't look like the footprints of a human for sure. Most are dragged out, but the one that's not looks like the pawprint of a dog... or a wolf.
It's probably a forgone conclusion at that point that he's hurting, or suffering from something."

I don't think it takes ol' insight to figure out that the masked figure is unwell. And sometimes, you have to help people, even if they stubbornly refuse it.
Lets try using a healing spell on the masked figure. Maybe even if we can't completely heal him, maybe at least we can better his condition a bit.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 59