Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 148152 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2021, 04:53:57 am »

Flax probably has some kind of secret power he hasn't told us about yet, and when he reviles it we're gonna be like, "Oh wow that's some kind of hidden power you've got there".
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2021, 04:59:27 pm »

Returning to the subject:
The "Superior" part is explainable: Flax, as he said himself, is a military man. Superior in this case probably refers to his captain or commander.

Could this "superior" be his captain or commander? It is not impossible... But after reading the last story part for the second time, the peculiarity of this individual appears all the more evident to me, and I will stand by my words!

Or rather Flax's words:
"I am the soldier. He's the one who understands magic stuff..."

So our blonde companion is a soldier, while his "master" is distinguished from him by his knowledge of magic.

And then he tells us:
"But I fully believe you can help us, with whatever it is he thinks you can. You're an expert..."

This sentence is very explicit on the fact that Flax puts a great trust in the magical expertise of, at once, his superior and us. Furthermore, it is much surprising for a human of the South to know that much about shamans of the North, while contacts between them must be quite rare, if not nonexistent.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2021, 05:25:23 pm »

Returning to the subject:
The "Superior" part is explainable: Flax, as he said himself, is a military man. Superior in this case probably refers to his captain or commander.

Could this "superior" be his captain or commander? It is not impossible... But after reading the last story part for the second time, the peculiarity of this individual appears all the more evident to me, and I will stand by my words!

Or rather Flax's words:
"I am the soldier. He's the one who understands magic stuff..."

So our blonde companion is a soldier, while his "master" is distinguished from him by his knowledge of magic.

And then he tells us:
"But I fully believe you can help us, with whatever it is he thinks you can. You're an expert..."

This sentence is very explicit on the fact that Flax puts a great trust in the magical expertise of, at once, his superior and us. Furthermore, it is much surprising for a human of the South to know that much about shamans of the North, while contacts between them must be quite rare, if not nonexistent.

I'd say, its still explainable.
There's a good chance Flax's superior is of noble blood, well educated in magical arts, and knowledgeable about the world, which would explain his knowledge of the deerman shamans of the north.

The explanation might still be a simpler, more mundane one than you think.
But I'm not discounting your theory that this superior's true nature is not as clear cut as i think.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

. . .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, i see you too have been hit by the "Can't change signature" forum bug.

Anyway, if trouble is on its way, maybe we should do something to prepare, and i think i have just the thing.

Digging back in our memories, we find these pieces of insight from Nami:

...The spirit world is a mirror of your own, in more ways than one...

...Wraiths are the predators. Spirits, lesser or greater, the prey. And your souls the elysian fields upon which we graze and the dens in which we sleep...

...When you summon animal spirits, you wield my power... ...Granted freely for mere safe harbor within your soul...

And going farther back even, from when we could not even distinguish her voice from our own thoughts:
[?]
We know Flax is empowered by some kind of dark and magical energy. It may be possible to empower ourselves or others, but with a different kind of energy. Our power does not have to be dark or permanent.
It may be possible to bind a spirit directly to someone's body... Posession in essence, but without giving up control. And thus, they would gain (at least a part of) a spirit's power, for a time.
The spirits around us are clearly running scared from something, trying to get into safety wherever they can.

I think the course of action we should take is clear.
Lets call for spirits around us to inhabit us, to take harbor within our soul and grant us their power.

They won't be anything like Nami, and we probably can't sustain multiple of them for long. But if the threat is immediate, i think we can handle it.
Maybe some even are capable of talking, if so we could gain valuable insight into what's going on.
If we need to, we might even get enough power temporarily to stand against Flax... I don't like that look on his face, or the fact that his face appears to be smoking.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 10:55:48 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets call for spirits around us to inhabit us, to take harbor within our soul and grant us their power.
+1

I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea! :D

As the spirits are running away from a dreadful force of evil, we must call them, guide them toward us and promise them shelter inside of our soul. We will thus take the role of a mystical herder and in exchange for our protection, we will ask them to bestow their power upon us. Then we will fight with all our might for their sake and ours! And if we manage to summon enough spiritual energy... nothing will stop us!

But above and beyond that, we will also become the shamanic embodiment of the Master of Animals, like the Celtic god Cernunnos on the magnificent Gundestrup cauldron!

The destiny of the Deer Wizard is calling!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 06:04:25 pm by Yellow Pixel »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1

I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea! :D
+1 Sounds like a potentially bad idea, lets do it for science!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Science is always more captivating when it involves beautiful streams of colorful lights:   spiraling...  rippling...  flowing...  Just like in the spirit realm.

It's trippy, and it makes you happy.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Flax is clearly possessed. But without knowing the cause, we can't address it.
I figure the best we can do right now is try to do with Flax whatever we did with Sas before, when he was possessed.

I still maintain that the spirits are seeking shelter from something, and it looks like Flax and Sas can't handle being inhabited by spirits, or what we're doing is somehow fundamentally different.
If the spirits are avoiding us, it may have something to do with the soul-link to Crackantler. Perhaps he's finally caught up with us and that's why the spirits are running.
Additionally, if our presence now from here on out is going to cause all nearby spirits to run for the hills, it may be a good idea to allow the spirit within us right now to stay with us, unless it wants to leave by itself, So that we'll have some degree of magical power.

Of course, we don't know what the spirit's powers are, if any. It seems to be a green spirit.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I see it, the soul-link with our wraith friend cannot be the main cause for the disturbance of the spirit realm. It's possible that the link has had a negative influence on our attempt to invoke the spirits, but what have engendered the whole turmoil of the ether seems to be rather a strong external force of wicked nature that remains unidentified.  If Crackantler would be the real culprit, I assume we would at least recognize a faint magical signature, not something as alien and powerful as what we sensed in the previous story part:
When you do connect to the spirit realm, you don't recognize it. Utter chaos and madness, you've never experienced anything like that before.

You try to navigate the magical mess, but even after few painful tries, you still can't quite comprehend. You did notice on thing, though, the spirits seem to be... Leaving. Like a herd of animals, they're moving in one direction, but disorganized and indistinct, you don't understand the cause.

Regarding Flax and his undeniable possession, I thought earlier that he was going to assail us, but it doesn't presently appear to be the case and I'm finally inclined to believe that he isn't especially dangerous. My explanation would be that he had on him some kind of dark-spirit-in-a-bottle that he could use to protect himself in case of an attack from a spiritual entity or maybe a sorcerer, but I might very well be mistaken, so we must stay on guard and keep a close watch on him.

Nevertheless, I think like you that the key to solve our actual problems is to use the magical power of the green spirit that has decided to come to our help. But before trying anything on Flax, I think we should turn our consciousness inward, make contact with the spirit that is now inside us, and ask for its knowledge and advice about the situation.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

turn our consciousness inward, make contact with the spirit that is now inside us, and ask for its knowledge and advice about the situation.
+1

Sure, lets do that.
We're not guaranteed to get anything useful out of it, as i doubt most lesser spirits are going to be cognizant, let alone as intelligent as great spirits such as Nami and her siblings are.
But it doesn't hurt to try.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

turn our consciousness inward, make contact with the spirit that is now inside us, and ask for its knowledge and advice about the situation.
+1
+1

The best way to deal with a possession is to hit the possessed person with a shovel but since we don't have one we'll have to find another way to deal with the problem.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . .

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let us go see what's scaring all the spirit.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59