Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 151457 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #435 on: September 21, 2021, 05:04:50 am »

Okay I thought things will sort themselves out in time but guess not, so here's an announcement.

There's a pretty big update ahead, while it is much more story significant than the last one the town ain't reached yet, but it's a sequence I really want to make. So that's the first issue, it would take more time regardless.

But the more severe problem is, I think real life might have finally caught up with me, after successfully evading it for two years here on the forums. Some major shit went down recently, and it's currently kinda wild over here. I don't think I'll get to draw the update until that's taken care of, which is indefinite. I hope it won't take another half a year, I'm not that broke nor broken, and I still feel very optimistic about the future. It's just circumstances cornered me and it's uncertain.

Sorry for the complications.

But, I'm shook by the thought of having you read this post and get no images in return, well, here's a piece by Leonardo da Vinci himself, called "Lady is an Ermine" lol

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #436 on: September 21, 2021, 08:15:56 am »

Hope everything is alright, Quaksna. Best of luck!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 21, 2021, 08:43:58 am »

Of course. Real life takes priority. Hopefully your shit gets sorted out and we get more ToDW in the future. :P
Also, i love that pic :)) Somehow, Nami just lends herself to being portrayed in what one might call "classical art", how strange. I dunno why but she just does, does she not?
I say this because funny enough; some months ago i rendered a portrait of her, not as fancy as your pic but the point stands.

I might as well show it, as well as the two other pics i was working on at the time. I didn't show them off before because there was supposed to be a fourth pic as well but that never happened.

Spoiler:  Darkform Nami (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Blackhoof (click to show/hide)

The last, fourth pic was supposed to feature a completely wraithified blackhoof, or after our encounter with the wraithcaller, him, but that pic never happened. I'm not even quite sure what gobbled it up.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 22, 2021, 03:29:57 am »

Real life is important, so take as long as needed I can wait.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 24, 2021, 02:39:34 pm »

I know it's extremely lame for you to be deprived from your artistic projects, but nobody can avoid the hardships of real life, so you must stay strong. However, I'm sure the best is yet to come! :)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 24, 2021, 12:35:27 pm »

Guess who's back, ya bunch of faithful watchers!!!

After some time I realized, despite my current situation, ironically, I've had been mostly waiting for stuff to happen. The pause has somewhat help me to handle the chaos of the shift, and I didn't want to burden myself with this project on top of everything, but now things are more stable and I'm bored a little I have a place for it in my mind once again. So I announce the end of the indefinite postponing, I am hereby working on ToDW again.

But the next part is still not done  :P For those who've been watching the Random things thread in Creative Projects, you could have noticed I've grown to take more time with the drawings, and that's the case with these, too. Maybe I'm just slow due to he annual winter dying, maybe it is actually for the sake of quality, but I'm done with roughly half of the sketches, if I'm being generous, still, I'm progressing steadily. I think I might overhaul the current process for new episodes, we'll see.

But, there are some actually finished pictures beside these news. It is not a secret I am not particularly fond of my old creations, I know you like to call them charming, I find them quite appalling. Yet I can't bring myself to hide them, for it is the past and a representation of what I was at the time, and should be preserved for that reason alone, they're a part of the journey. But then again, I can't look at them and can't get rid of the feeling they're dragging the project down. So, I did a reimagining of the very first episode of ToDW, simply redrawing all of the scenes, and added that beside the original ones. It is not something that I'm planning to do often, but it's a nice pastime for me, though still quite time consuming (but nothing, NOTHING compared to the newest update), I'd like to do it from time to time. Advancing the story will take priority, obviously.

And that's it. Thank you for your time, happy holidays, merry Christmas! Bless you all, may you have peace with all the craziness going on currently.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 04:17:43 pm by Quaksna »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 24, 2021, 01:20:09 pm »

So I announce the end of the indefinite postponing, I am hereby working on ToDW again.

:o  :) 🙃 :D

Amazing! A new update is coming! And you gave us a fabulous redrawing of the first episode of ToDW as a Christmas present! That's so kind of you!

Thank you just so very really much and happy holidays to you too!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 24, 2021, 01:39:14 pm »

Damn, and here i was, taking your 'indefinite hiatus' from ToDW for granted. The hell do i do now, huh? haha, i'm kidding of course. It's good your situation, whatever it is, has stabilized enough for you to return to making ToDW. I'm looking forward to whatever you're gonna cook up for us. :)

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Merry Christmas to you too, Q.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 25, 2021, 05:30:33 am »

Huzza it has returned, it's like a magical Christmas gift!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phew, what a load. Didn't all end up as good as I would've wanted, but I hope you'll enjoy.

. . .

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 02:59:24 pm by Quaksna »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Holy cow man, your practice over the hiatus shows. Lovely portraiture!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phew, what a load. Didn't all end up as good as I would've wanted, but I hope you'll enjoy.

I'm not sure why you say that, as this is probably one of the best ones, yet.  :D

Now, for what do we do?

Well this is a tough situation, is it not? And i like that. Well it's pretty clear what's going on here. We know those guys are necromancers, and if they want the titan's body, there's really only one reason they do. Sure, a undead titan won't have the magical/spirit power of a live titan, but it would be an unstoppable foe physically and anyone on the recieving end of that is going to have a VERY bad day, that may or may not come to concern us. However, we ARE sort of responsible for the titan's demise. But, i don't know if we could make it back in time, before they do, especially all together.

To that end, i suggest we ask Flax as to how fast he can run, and whether he could run back and burn the titan's body. Explain the situation we saw in our dreams and that they're coming to take the titan's body, and possibly turn it against a human settlement. And of course urge him to be careful and not take any risks.

(Also, i wonder why we could be having such dreams recently... Hmm...)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The art, its quality knows no bounds!

Are we sure we want him to go alone, also if we decide for him to go alone we should find some where we can hide and wait for him to return.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The art, its quality knows no bounds!

Are we sure we want him to go alone, also if we decide for him to go alone we should find some where we can hide and wait for him to return.

Yep we should absolutely take cover and hide. I think sending him alone is fine, in fact Flax probably wants to and works BEST alone, knowing him.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about going back to that forested area we were in earlier, I mean we might lose a days travel but it'd be safer than siting out in the open.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 60