Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144894 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

I hadn't considered Flax's injury, as he almost never seems to be hindered by anything, though if he really is that badly hurt, it may end up being a blessing in disguise. Right now, if we want to run off or split away from him, he isn't really in a position to stop us. To that end, i'd say desperate times call for drastic measures. We'll have to go ourselves, alone, using a wind spell to increase our speed and decrease the stamina costs, as suggested previously by Yellow Pixel. The problem with hiring mercs is the exact same as with any other suggestion involving fighting necromancers: We'd just be giving them more bodies to reanimate in the end. And we can't afford it, it's not strategic thinking, thus we'll dash off alone, but not before saying something like this to Flax:

"Then you can wait for me there, because i'm going. The wind and my hooves will carry me. And if i don't return? Too bad for you. Or you can follow in my tracks, your choice."

Also in regards to the trade-off between picture amount and update frequency, you could just take the third option and make smaller updates. You don't need to make massive updates, in fact smaller updates help improve engagement and also give players more agency due to getting to make choices more frequently.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well... Hmm... I concur that hiring some mercs, with the sole result of sending them fill the ranks of the living dead, might not be the best of the present options... And also that we are indeed facing a desperate situation. Yes. That's true!

However, I don't particularly like the prospect of finding ourself alone in front of all the death sorcerers either! But y'know, we could then fully reconcile with Crackantler by becoming his undead friend, for a very happy ending to Quaksna's story! Or to end up in the plates of Rathegaru and his men, wich ain't as much fun...

Okay, I'm kidding now. :) But don't you think that's more a suicidary move than a truly drastic and strategic measure? And that it would be quite sad to let Flax do his thing on his own after all the adventures we lived with him? Or to let him run after us like a crippled fool...

Rather, what do you say that we swiftly return to the sacred ruins with Sas, the best deer killer shot of the entire Wintervale, and that we hide behind the hills facing the sacred ruins, snugly muffled in our titan fur cloaks, while at the same time Flax go hire the mercs and come back with them to join us in one more epic fight? :D

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the thing: We don't WANT to fight necromancers, if at all we can avoid it. That's why i'm putting so much emphasis on speed and discretion. i want us to be there and gone long before they make it there, letting them find only a charred heap, worthless for reanimation, and nothing else, no hint of us. You don't win against necromancers by fighting them, but by denying them as many bodies as possible. Each additional person on our side is one that might potentially die in the fighting and thus join the ranks of the enemy. The enemy fighters, if not undead already, the same fate awaits them as well.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Hrm, solid logic.

We'll have to go ourselves, alone, using a wind spell to increase our speed and decrease the stamina costs,

Let's do it, +1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, very solid logic. It appears that I forgot again how far reaching was the necromantic principle! So I have no other choice but to support the idea.

And that means we just tell Flax and Sas to go chill out in a tavern in Usodestis and wait for our return? Something like that?

Or else they run after us, and knowing them... that's probably exactly what they will do! :P

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I MIGHT have such a good grasp of the necromancer MO because i may or may not be a dyed-in-the-wool necromancer myself1. Do you perchance remember who was it that suggested, before ToDW was ToDW, that we be a necromancer?

if we can pick our class, i say we go with something rather unusual. That being a
Necromancer
Assuming necromancers exist in this universe.

Well, past me. in the end it turned out that they do. And i don't like 'em very much. There ARE good necromancers out there, of course2. but clearly not these ones.

1. In games. Do not commit necromancy IRL, kids.
2. like me. :P

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1 To the thing where we go to burn the corpse and they go to town.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you perchance remember who was it that suggested, before ToDW was ToDW, that we be a necromancer?

Oh yes, I remember very well that it was you who came up with that groovy idea, and to say the truth, I could hardly forget that ancient post where Quaksna graced us with a depiction of necro Blackhoof (it's even the second time that I bring it back :P)...

It was in the old time when he didn't know how to draw, when all his FBs were running wild and roaming incessantly in every direction. But now he tamed them all and we regularly get the chance to enjoy the handsome results of his constant training! :D

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #474 on: January 21, 2022, 11:45:01 pm »

...wait.

I'm not okay with undead and similar abominations, so they simply don't exist there  ;).

Are undead a thing in this world, or?

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...wait.

I'm not okay with undead and similar abominations, so they simply don't exist there  ;).

He probably said that to throw us off the trail of our real enemies, those enemies being undead stuff!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 22, 2022, 03:36:49 am »

...wait.

Yeah, I really should elaborate on that. I waited for this moment  :P But to be clear, I really don't want to shatter your master plan you've been building. Here's the thing.

That quote is quite misleading. While that was indeed my view on the matter back then, unlike it, the concrete information hasn't changed, there haven't been any retcons, thank God. But I don't know what was I thinking when I wrote that, as there already was the matter explained and this quote seems at odds with it. My answer therefore is: You don't know.

You don't know, what the necromancers are capable of. Black isn't new to the concept to summoning the dead, their shades from the beyond, for divination purposes, or amassing a wraith army, as he has recently found out. If they can give false life to the body though, he doesn't know. Not only that, it's something that would be very hard to picture for all the characters, as it is simply unheard of. I'll redirect you back to the dialogue between Len and Olmul, both long time adventurers, what they say to the matter:

"You heard right, it's a cursed place." said Len, nodding his head. "Travellers say that who ventures into that swamp, his intents become corrupted, he gets terrifying strength and will guard the swamp forever. Some say that some wicked wizards mastered this foul magic, and can curse whole armies to become their thralls forever... Horrible fate. Only greatest of heroes were able to stop these dark lords and lift the curse away, and the soldiers could finally die, in peace..."
"Yeah, heard something about that, too. I heard they are trying to figure out how to raise dead bodies to fight for them again! Hah! Summoning spirits, okay, but raising dead... That's a joke!"

That should be more insightful. Feel free to adjust the plan, but remember, Melabil was very clear about their intent to claim the corpse, so... Draw your own conclusions. Hope this helped  ;)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Them dudes are trying to do SCIENCE to the corpse and it's up to us to destroy the corpse before they can get the corpse to do SCIENCE to the corpse!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 22, 2022, 10:57:40 am »

Feel free to adjust the plan, but remember, Melabil was very clear about their intent to claim the corpse, so... Draw your own conclusions.

Yeah, the existence (or not) of undead doesn't really affect our current plans. Whatever's going on with that titan corpse, it's presumably a Bad Thing to be prevented if possible.

I was mostly just curious, thank you  :)

klonk
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #479 on: February 06, 2022, 06:16:08 am »

Okay this took a little while longer, I was busy putting my life together the past few days... On the other hand, I believe, I've put my life together! Should have less free time overall now, but more organized timetable again, so I'll try to use it mainly for drawing.

Apart from that, part 12 of the first chapter got its reimagination today. It was quite amusing, I picked it randomly and a moment after you started discussing contacting Elév again, who's featured quite prominently in the episode. If you're interested, check it out! But enough talking, on with the show:

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59