Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 151451 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #480 on: February 07, 2022, 06:05:41 am »

Sounds like we should get to that forest and find a place to sleep.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard - Interactive RPG Thing
« Reply #481 on: February 08, 2022, 12:52:08 pm »

Aha! Here we go again, speedily galloping through the wilderness to confront all evil comers of the northern lands! It evidently brings a significant change of pace, but it surely won't be enough to dispirit the hardened shaman that we are!

Concurrently, it's true that we must keep a practical mind if we want to preserve enough energy to burn away the titan's corpse in a spectacular blaze! So like King said, to reach the forest and to get some sleep is essential, except that we should try to wake up before sunrise, in order to arrive first to the famous "feasting ground".

In the same perspective, I think we should consider looking for food, because our stomach will obviously be grumbling. It would however be ill-advised to put too much confidence in a quick and successful hunt, but when confronted to dire circumstances, I believe that one wise deerman (or even one harebrained human :P) should ponder upon the virtues of... GRAZING!!!

I am pretty sure that some savory frosty greens are to be found under the blanket of snow spreading in the woods ahead! :)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 08, 2022, 01:36:17 pm »

I agree with the rest of the consensus here. We should rest a little within the forest. +Yellow Pixel's genius-level idea to channel our deer-y nature by grazing, which should help alleviate our hunger problems.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 09, 2022, 03:43:58 am »

What about eating some of the dead thing we're rushing over to burn?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 20, 2022, 07:00:22 am »

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 20, 2022, 07:56:16 am »

The grass, it should serve as ample kindling to start the fire, which will then hopefully spread to the titan's fur before engulfing the whole carcass, burning it, if not to cinders then at least to the point of uselessness in regards to any necromantic experiments.
Maybe we'll have to converse with the spirits again, perhaps they'll help us, knowing our reasons. Spirits, of all beings, should understand that meaningful dreams are nothing to turn your nose up at.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 21, 2022, 04:06:06 am »

Just light thing on fire and be done with it, if there are any trees around we could use the branches from them for the fire.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 21, 2022, 01:45:13 pm »

Yay! We made it! We have returned to the ruins and there wasn't a single obstacle to truly impede our speedy traveling! :D

The situation is so good that I'm starting to seriously wonder if there isn't some sort of unfathomable salientian entity that is lurking behind the curtain of fate and planning a sudden unpleasant happening, especially with our recurrent dark dreams, but that might just be my imagination playing tricks on me... :P

Anyway, it's time to celebrate our fast coming back with the boisterous bonfire we've all been awaiting! And to make it even more intense and scorching, I thought that once it will be well ignited, we could also use our wind powers to efficiently spread the fire over the whole carcass, wich should speed up the burning process and provide a good starting supply of oxygen. But it's evidently important to restrain our magical blowing, not to extinguish our pyrotechnical work or start a giant fire tornado and accidentally become a +deer shaman roast+! :)

Then, following Strik3r's suggestion, I think we should take advantage of our presence in a holy sanctuary to seek the wisdom of spirits concerning our dreams, but we shouldn't tarry too long to avoid making an unlucky encounter when we return from the spiritual realm.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 21, 2022, 02:43:40 pm »

The situation is so good that I'm starting to seriously wonder if there isn't some sort of unfathomable salientian entity that is lurking behind the curtain of fate and planning a sudden unpleasant happening

Oh, like some kind of spirit perhaps, maybe a particularly powerful one? ;) There's any number of reasons we could be shown those dreams, and while it's possible an evil entity may be trying to lure us into a trap of some kind, it's just as likely, if not more so, that the dreams are meant as a warning, or as a way to ask for our aid. Or maybe whichever (great) spirit is showing us those dreams is opposed to the necromancers and hopes to play us against them. Any one of them might have any number of reasons to be against them, it's not even unlikely that this might be Veno(The Vulture) himself. He's clearly aware of us and our wraith friend, and often the motivations of such beings are unknowable and their views convoluted and seemingly contradictory.

But many things often are not as they seem at first and one might end up finding common ground with their apparent enemies, and reasons to doubt their alliances and friendships.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 22, 2022, 02:43:02 am »

We could always make friends with the evil dream guys in the future.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 27, 2022, 08:50:03 am »

. . .

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 28, 2022, 03:35:38 am »

We probably should find a place to hide in case the person approaching is hostile.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp it's too late to run now. And if they've got a hound or a wolf(man) or something, we can't just dive into the snow and hope they won't notice us. It may be our best bet to use our magic to turn up the heat a little and cause a bit of bother for our adverasries, maybe giving us time to bolt on out of there. We should use our magic to direct flame toward where the voices are coming from, violently. Maybe this'll give us a window to run in the opposite direction and disappear into the snowy fields.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp it's too late to run now. And if they've got a hound or a wolf(man) or something, we can't just dive into the snow and hope they won't notice us. It may be our best bet to use our magic to turn up the heat a little and cause a bit of bother for our adverasries, maybe giving us time to bolt on out of there. We should use our magic to direct flame toward where the voices are coming from, violently. Maybe this'll give us a window to run in the opposite direction and disappear into the snowy fields.
+1 Sounds better than anything I can think of.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 60