Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144902 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or even better: we could put our staff in the snow and form a sharp icicle on the front half of it, wich should be easier than making an entire ice spear in a hurry like last time. That way, we could have a spear-staff right now and we wouldn't have to wait to reach the big city to get one!

Then, we would just have to rush onto the attacker, avoid his blow thanks to our legendeery agility, and transfix him in one go! :D

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

OMG! Yellow Pixel! Where have you been my friend? I was worried you were gone for good.
That said, i'm afraid i must disagree with you. I don't think trying to take on this guy right after the first one, especially now wounded as we are, is a good idea. Run and live to fight another day i say :D

Also
thanks to our legendeery agility
lol. I gotta admit, this one was pretty good. :P
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably better to make the spear just in case our injury prevents us running away.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OMG! Yellow Pixel! Where have you been my friend? I was worried you were gone for good.

Yes! I'm back! I've been going through a hard time in my life this month, but now I feel much better and I'm definitely going to post more often! :)

Probably better to make the spear just in case our injury prevents us running away.

Concerning the spear, we are facing a little conundrum, because making it now might take too long and we would risk being caught up and forced to fight. So why don't we simply start running now and make the spear only if we see that our opponent is going to be faster than us?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So why don't we simply start running now and make the spear only if we see that our opponent is going to be faster than us?
Sounds good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Good to have you back, Pixel! We've missed you. And you've arrived just in time, for this update was so cursed, legends say if you look it up you'll get seven years of bad luck and on the eight you'll perish

Speaking of which, how are you with these weekly releases? I know this is gonna take forever, but battles are like that in ToDW anyway  :P Once the action settles down, it'll take more time for sure, though spring is coming and sun sets late, so I might be able to work on the drawings outside of weekends, too. We'll see. Oh, and there's a new ToDW theme on the first post, if you didn't catch it already ;)

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 12:09:51 pm by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like the guy is carrying a weapon of some kind, either a sword or a mace or something...

Y'know, this might be a little cruel but assuming we have enough time to get up close this guy, we could snatch the object from him, then use it against him, depending on what precisely it is. If it's like a mace, we could use it to bash him in the knee. Otherwise, if it's a cutting weapon, we can use it(or our dagger, if his held implement is unsuitable for either of those things) to cut up the tendons in one of his legs, cutting right behind the knee. Its a brutal, nasty treatment, but it'll ensure he won't be chasing us any longer. Besides the back of the knee is usually poorly armoured, because it experiences a lot of movement. In whichever way we cripple him, we should just then leave him in the snow. Then if his friends give even the slightest damn about their comrade, they'll be tied up trying to help him, allowing us to gain a lot of distance. (Yes i realize, they probably have healing magic too, or are just simply gonna kill him, but either way, it'll take them time to do that, buying us valuable time to get on out of there.)

Alternatively, if we think that we don't have enough time for that, we could now make that ice-tipped spear-staff and prepare to fight this guy. He is armoured, so it won't be an easy fight. If we do opt to fight him, our strategy should be fairly similar; aim for poorly armoured areas, such as the armpit, the face or the neck/collarbone. Leaving him alive though would be better, because that takes two opponents out of the fight. The guy you incapacitate, and the guy who has to carry him out of there/heal him. Besides, we really don't want to give these guys more corpses to work with...

Phew, okay, i've presented the options that seem like the most logical to me. Do we go down one of these routes or something else entirely?
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds good to me, all I have to add is that we keep his weapon, it also has the added benefit of not having to buy one when we get to the town.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. Crippling the enemy or battling him with a decent weapon certainly makes sense, except that we would still be taking the risk that he regains his senses at the worst moment and gives us a vicious blow, and if we are forced to fight him, his inevitable undeadening would obviously not be a nice prospect.

But instead, to make things more simple, what do you say that we just cool down a bit, take a good breath of cold winter air, and use our magic to freeze the feet of our pursuer in a block of ice? That way, we won't have to kill him, and we will have the chance to safely run away while he struggles to free himself!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. Crippling the enemy or battling him with a decent weapon certainly makes sense, except that we would still be taking the risk that he regains his senses at the worst moment and gives us a vicious blow, and if we are forced to fight him, his inevitable undeadening would obviously not be a nice prospect.

But instead, to make things more simple, what do you say that we just cool down a bit, take a good breath of cold winter air, and use our magic to freeze the feet of our pursuer in a block of ice? That way, we won't have to kill him, and we will have the chance to safely run away while he struggles to free himself!

Oooh, i actually like this idea. it means we won't have to get up close to him. Though it better be a pretty thick block of ice, because i have no doubt the first thing our enemy will try to do is smash the block of ice with whatever he has on hand, probably his weapon. Though if we get exceptionally lucky, his legs will get frostbite from being imprisoned in the block of ice. If so, that's game over for him.
Although, i am slightly worried about us relying too much on our magic. Yes we might be the deer wizard, but we've got to be running out of magical energy or something at some point, and if we keep progressively getting into an increasingly dangerous situation, it'll happen at the worst possible time...

Regardless, i do like the ice block idea the most.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought the whole point of being a wizard was to be able vomit spells everywhere.

Also wouldn't we need to freeze his feet to the ground to stop him?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nahh, we just need to stop him from moving his legs in a suitably walking-like-fashion long enough for us to escape from him and into the wilderness.

I thought the whole point of being a wizard was to be able vomit spells everywhere.
Maybe, but even the best wizards can't do so endlessly, and we're not the best wizard.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nahh, we just need to stop him from moving his legs in a suitably walking-like-fashion long enough for us to escape from him and into the wilderness.
Oh I get it now, your not wanting to freeze him in place you want to freeze his legs together.

HakuryuVision

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold.
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say, this is pretty awesome!
Also love how badass looking Blackhoof has become!

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say, this is pretty awesome!
Also love how badass looking Blackhoof has become!

No u  ;D

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59