Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144858 times)

HakuryuVision

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold.
    • View Profile

i'm not sure whether he qualifies as a wizard anymore or a muscle mage.
So soon we'll be able to cast fist!
And before you know it, we'll be suplexing a friggin' dragon or something... Or just a house, if a dragon's too much for us.
Just give it time and we'll be able to break all the dragons over our knee.
https://imgur.com/t/playstation/n4ZMned

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Hope you don't mind a bit of fanart.  ;)

I mind ur sentenced to death Ah, how lovely! Very nice, thanks a lot. I'll give it a big red approved stamp, but I'd ruin in. Also who cares about fur pattern  ;). Real nice, also delivered on my nameday, why thank you!

Just give it time and we'll be able to break all the dragons over our knee.

I have only one thing to say to that, seizure warning

And trust me, there'll be alot more Nami lore to come

I have a lot more to say about that

But jokes aside, let's say, I am not exactly happy. I haven't even fully comprehended the last one yet  :P guess there goes my doctorate in Strik3r lore... Appreciate your involvement as always, but what have you provided me before, I have now absorbed and ran with it. I have no problem leaving any part of your stuff to you, but we need to set apart what exactly you're writing, if you insist on doing so. Because although it wasn't the case before, it is now - you're starting to meddle in my master plans. So hit me up and we'll agree on something, don't jumpscare me like this  ;)

There's no ill will, I am not trying to "claim" your creations, I've taken for granted you gave them to me. Again, we need to make clear whose territory is whose or we'll just end up bumping into each other all the time.

Also on the Black is on steroids lol topic, he's supposed to be ripped from the offset, because of the nomadic life and all that, the only thing he hasn't going for him is he wasn't trained in combat.

The fitness combined with superior size of deer men and da antlers would make him able to overpower most humans with ease, they'd have to be either even stronger or skilled in battle. Don't hesitate to use it!

Commercial break over, on with the show!

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 06:15:49 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

Also on the Black is on steroids lol topic, he's supposed to be ripped from the offset, because of the nomadic life and all that, the only thing he hasn't going for him is he wasn't trained in combat.

I'm not really fond of this actually, because i feel like it devalues the wizard part of "Deer Wizard". That, and making a character's sum of power, of physical prowess, skills, and magical abilities, too high risks making the story uninteresting by removing any stakes from the story as a whole. Though i'm not that worried about it, i think you've handled everything really well thus far. Though i have some pretty serious concerns regarding Flax, but his recent injury did alleviate those concerns somewhat, showing that he's not quite invincible and unbeatable.

Anyway, Nami not actually being in the physical world kinda throws off my plans, but i think i can work around it. Though even those plans might not work, because:

I believe that this Nami is STILL just her echo, a figment of Blackhoof's imagination. I believe this to be the case based on some of the stuff she has said since returning. Especially referring to us as her "master" even though we know she'd be FAR too arrogant to use such language to refer to herself in relation to us. That's before one accounts for the fact that she called blackhoof her "chosen" before she left to inhabit the masked woman.

Whether real or not, her insight given the current situation would be something like this:

"
I really hope you don't still have that blood vial with you. The locals, looks like, have progressed past the primitive customs of their ancestors, and you yourself likewise have, unfortunately for once, taken great strides toward not looking like a savage, while i was away. Khehehehehe. So, you'd need a pretty good excuse for why you'd be carrying it around, else, they'll probably convince themselves you're some kind of blood cultist or something.

Or, of course i could just simply trick them into letting you pass without a search by the way of a little bit of psychic suggestion... Aaand maybe a bit of memory manipulation. Khehehehe.
It's one of the few things i can do without inhabiting a physical body of my own. But... We'll talk about that later.
"

Barring any better ideas, i say we go with ^that^ and let Nami handle this one, assumign this is the real Nami.
We could of course flip Nami's comment on her and tell to the guards that carrying vials of blood is part of our tribal customs. That might work.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 10:43:23 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We don't have anything they'd dislike besides the vile so just make up a reason for why we have it, but if they still don't like it then we could just ditch it, even if it's important our life is wort more that whatever's inside it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:o this just came out of nowhere for me.
But as promised, a new course has been set, running with the assumption that this is actually the real Nami. Details aren't yet 100% ironed out, but there's more than enough to it. I'm gonna say right now, i like this scenario a lot more than the first one i came up with. A question for you, Q, are you okay with the story taking a small detour at some point in the future, contingent of course on the players' choice... And you'll get to make a dungeon if you want.
Also, it seems that we've lost Yellow Pixel, again. :(

"
Ooooh, a murder? I wonder who done it? Khehehe, i bet whomever it was, they wouldn't like us to find out. These are the secrets that are always worth a lot to know. Even if it's mundane by my standards, digging them up is always fun. Sooo... My little excursion might have to wait a bit longer, because it sounds like you'll need me around, to help you out.

...Yes, i'm planning to leave again so soon after coming back, but it'll be for just a little while, alright? I want to go and see if the local chapter of the Order of the Whispering Leaves is still around. If so, you might just get a chance to meet me in the flesh. If not, i'll need a bit of your help with that. Their... "monastery" is secluded in a valley in some mountains nearby, not too far from the town if you want to visit it for yourself. But as promised i'll be sticking around for now, to help you navigate the social situation in this town.

Now for the present situation... Apparently Sas has already eaten here, and can order food without issues. So if you're worried about an attempt to poison you... Or just short you with bad fish, give me a sign; tap the underside the table or something and refuse to order, i'll then convince Sas to order "for himself"... aaand give it to you. Khehehehe.
I can do a lot of stuff like that! As long as i'm around, i can relay orders or messages to your companions for you... or anybody else, really! Discreetly, remotely... and deceptively, if you want.
"

I think Nami's being a bit too paranoid in this instance, surely the locals aren't going to discriminate against us that much, right?
And since we have been surviving on nothing but grass and moss for the last few days, a good meal would certainly be welcome, and food in not the thing we should be saving coin on. Also we should ask Sas what information he's picked up since he and Flax arrived here, and whether he knows what's got the king on edge.

Okay, Nami's in your hands now, Q. Just have her leave when you feel like it, then i'll proceed with the scenario. At the latest, she'll split when Blackhoof and co. leave the town. Still, i have at least another update's worth of time, probably more, to finish up and polish what i'm working on.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . .

« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 10:30:51 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems we've lost another player, and sadly one of the forum's biggest names, King Zultan. And i sincerely doubt any new players will join us in writing this story, but i'll stick by you as long as you keep this thing running. But i've wanted to ask you something for a while: do you have any plans on where you'll go once this forum crumbles to it's inevitable and very much approaching end?

"
Usodestis is divided alright, and it seems shattered into thousand little pieces like a shattered jewel, each shard gleaming with it's own distaste for the others. And by the sound of it Usodestis wasn't much of a jewel in the first place. Khehehehe
But the possibility of a revolt worries me much more, Hmm...
"

Out of the corner of your eye, you see Nami flicking her tongue, seemingly tasting the air. It takes you a moment to realize she's actually tasting the aether of the spirit realm, trying to sense some kind energy within it. She does this a few more times, the expression on her face growing more incredulous each time.
"
The confusing situation in this town, and probably the entire kingdom, seems more and more like the work of my vulture of a brother, Veno! Yet, i can't seem to taste the disgusting, bitter smell of his corruption and darkness around anywhere...! And trust me, i can sense him and his cronies from very far away. Usually he's eager to gift his corrupting powers to anyone that asks for it. But i suppose he might've changed his strategy in the time i've been asleep.

What strategy? Oh, he just likes using his mortal agents spark violent revolts and uprisings anywhere he can. And once he has successfully ignited the fires of bloody revolution, he'll march in with his host of disciples and wraiths brought to the living world by his chosen champion and host, the Wraithcaller, who will lead the force, to join alongside the rebels in "liberating" the place, during which Veno and his wraiths will feast on the souls of those who die in the ensuing conflict. Perhaps he has stopped endowing his agents with his powers, because he knows any of the Fragments that might oppose him, can easily sniff them out. Your's truly included. Khehe

If that's the case, we'll need to be even more vigilant, because any one of the belligerent factions in this town could be his puppets. The Joñu people might well be it, as this sort of wanton freedom and vulgar disregard of others' rules is very much Veno's creed. Or maybe the situation here has nothing to do with my brother... Still not good obviously, but not as bad if he's involved. Or maybe there's no revolt brewing at all!
Either way, we shouldn't take any sides in this turmoil and try to remain neutral. If the push comes to shove, i'd say we just quietly make our way out of this town. I don't like this place anyway...
Though if you ever notice anyone bearing the sigil of the noose and the hook, be extremely vary. That is Veno's symbol, and while not all who revere him are his agents, all of his agents do so fervently.

Anyway, I'll go take a peek at what's taking your soup so long... And of course to make sure there aren't any unnecessary inclusions... Or omissions. Khehehe
You should try gathering more info, see if you can figure out whether the guy who was murdered was of any importance at all.
"

With nothing really better to do, i'd say we go with Nami's suggestion, and ask Sas whether Flax told him anything about the guy we were supposed to meet here. The guy who was supposedly murdered.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is kinda a semi-episode, what I managed to get done this week, it was quite a busy one, so not all I have written got pictures yet, only a half of it - you can still add on actions if you want.

. . .

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello I have returned and I'll explain my absence, in the early parts of the second before I could read the part from the first my house got struck by lightning and it killed the internet radio thing and it took about eleven days to get it fixed and I've just now got caught up with stuff on the forum.

It seems we've lost another player, and sadly one of the forum's biggest names, King Zultan.
It's strange to think that I'm seen as a big name on here, but thank you.

Anyway I can't think of anything to add so let us proceed to the location and hear the story.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello I have returned and I'll explain my absence, in the early parts of the second before I could read the part from the first my house got struck by lightning and it killed the internet radio thing and it took about eleven days to get it fixed and I've just now got caught up with stuff on the forum.
Well that's unfortunate. But at least you're alive and still around on the forum.  :D

Anyway I can't think of anything to add so let us proceed to the location and hear the story.
Me neither, so 1+ on this.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that's unfortunate. But at least you're alive and still around on the forum.  :D
I to am glad I'm not dead and am back on the forum since it's the closest thing I have to a social life.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See that's the seven year long curse you get from looking up ToDW posts but it's okay you still have six years left to live nah great to see you back safe and sound, Zultan. You are approximately 50% of the regulars in this thread if I am not mistaken, after all  :P

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"
So, Flax thinks the death of Sodu was the work of a clan rival to his own? Looks like things are starting to get closer to home for him. I do just hope we won't be dragged into whatever clan disputes his clan is involved in. The order must truly be well and gone from this part of the world if petty rivalries like this fester out in the open.

And i think Sodu might've had the role of some kind of a steward or overseer who collected, compiled and distributed information provided by agents. If he was the one to whom all others in the region reported to, its natural that this would have caused the whole operation in the area to collapse.
What i'm worried about is the manner of death. By Flax's description, it doesn't sound like he was killed with a weapon, and we don't see any blood around, so this is probably the case. The next obvious answer is poisoning, but for that, someone had to have gotten close to Sodu, is that possible? Finally, there's magic... There are a lot of insidious ways to kill someone through magic, many of them not requiring the assassin to be anywhere close to the target, and can be made to look like natural causes of death. Without knowing what state Sodu's body was at the time of death i couldn't tell what magic in particular...
But i'll try and see if i can pick up any kind of residual magical energy around here, that'd let me at least narrow down the possibilites, if it was indeed done through magic.

But if the documents were encrypted, what kind of information was on them? I sincerely doubt a travel guide would contain much that needs to be kept secret. Khehehe
No, i think those documents had a lot more on them than flax was letting on. They were almost certainly detailed observation reports, stuff with obvious value to anyone with ill intent towards others.
And if i were Flax, i wouldn't be so sure about the documents being useless to the ones who took it. If they really wanted to know what was on them, they'd probably have only some difficulty with deciphering their contents. Never underestimate a truly dedicated and motivated adversary! What's worse, should Flax's people be using the same cipher everywhere, the secrecy of the entire information exchange will be compromised once their enemies decipher those documents.

And indeed, i of course could dechiper them as well, provided i can get a look at them. I doubt these documents will be encrypted with any cipher comparable to what i've seen. kheheh! Oh i could go on about them for ages... But i wont.
Thankfully, i happen to be incorporeal so walls and guards won't pose a problem to me... What i am worried about though, are spirit wards and magical tripwires, but if whomever is holding the documents has those kinds of things set up, we can be assured that they're serious about what they're doing.
"

"Settle down, Flax. Lets check the room thoroughly. Maybe the documents were hidden away somewhere? If one knows that their enemies want something they have, it makes sense to take every precaution possible to protect it, doesn't it?"
"And if that's not the case and they really did get the real documents, if the documents are still within Usodestis, there might still be a way..."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

great to see you back safe and sound, Zultan. You are approximately 50% of the regulars in this thread if I am not mistaken, after all  :P
I'm also glad I'm safe, and it's sad that there aren't more people procrastinating in this game.

"Settle down, Flax. Lets check the room thoroughly. Maybe the documents were hidden away somewhere? If one knows that their enemies want something they have, it makes sense to take every precaution possible to protect it, doesn't it?"
"And if that's not the case and they really did get the real documents, if the documents are still within Usodestis, there might still be a way..."

+1
Search the floors for a loose boards and behind and under furniture for secret hiding places.
I'm saying this because something that important wouldn't just be sitting on a table waiting to be found, it's most likely hidden somewhere in here, and those places are the most likely they'd be if they're here.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 59