Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 152099 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« Reply #600 on: August 20, 2022, 01:37:50 pm »

What kind high gamer circle did you get invited to?

Oh, long time friends of ours, I haven't seen since I was a kid. Fellow enjoyers of RTS', introduced us to Warcraft III, which would bring joy for me the next ten years or so but I guess it's illegal now or something
Aren't actually that established gamers anymore, taking a peek at the desktop, then again, my memory is quite blurred and it was pretty epic to find fellow enthusiasists of sitting in front of the funny box, quite rare occurance back then. Nevertheless, very cool to see the lads again, after all these years, now all of us having jobs and a wider variety of hobbies, the one inviting me turned out to become a promising musician in the meantime, so we had plenty to talk about. They live at the very edge of the capital, right over a forest, have a nice place, with plum trees, a chicken society, very nice scenery and much more peaceful environment then one usually gets. In short, it was awesome, cherish all the relations you have, and the good people you've met.

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 03:47:15 pm by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 21, 2022, 04:37:32 am »

Nami leaving probably is for the best. As she said herself, she has her own matters to attend to. No matter how you look at it, we're still small fry compared to beings like her. It just so happens that she is adorable and non-threatening. Or maybe that's just a conscious decision by her in how she presents herself. Most probably. Either way, it's good she no longer feels the need to shackle herself to us, and that she has such faith in our abilities.
Though, it does leave one gap: In the very beginning, we could summon spirit animals to aid us, an ability granted to us by her presence. Without her, this immensely useful ability is lost to us.

Also, i gotta say, i love the dream sequence. I honestly think you nailed the feeling of dreams in this one. It feels surreal and unreliable, just as dreams tend to feel.

Here are some of my interpretations of what we saw in the dream:
A procession of flax-like people, carrying bowls of blood?
Are there a lot of people like him? Are whatever powers they have, fuelled by blood? Some kind of ritual? Where does the blood come from, for a large group of people to be able to carry a bowl of it each? Sacrifice? Animal, or sapient? The jug in the dream might represent some kind of unfulfillable contract or goal.

In the second one:
I know it's meant to be wood in the fire, but it looks awfully lot like some kind symbol. A burning eye of some kind. Also in this one, Crackantler's antlers are completely shattered, with the pieces floating above his head? I've got nothing on this. Maybe it represents the fragmentation of his spirit in some way. It's been said that the spirit of the stag lies in it's antlers, so it kinda makes sense? And the burning of the old man in the dream and the collection of his ashes to make something, might represent the cycle of consumption that Wraith Crackantler is forced to partake in. It also might hint at some darker shamanic practices.

Finally, the last one:
We know that the dreams from that place are less like dreams, and more like remote sight. Due to the events with the titan's corpse, it is pretty much confirmed that the things we see in such dreams are real things which actually happen. Whether happening as we see them or happened a bit in the past is functionally irrelevant. From the content of this one, i can guess that the necromancer bunch we keep spying on inadvertently, might be in trouble? Well, no big loss to us. But what is interesting, is the mentioned "glimpse of green". Without elaboration as to whether this was something totally benign, or like a green light, it's a bit of a stretch to say, but this might be related to The Gravemoth. We know, from Nami's exposition that the Gravemoth is otherwise known as The Lanternbearer, and is associated with a kind of sickly, pale green light. And also he's not a big fan of necromancers, as can be assumed. Maybe The Gravemoth or a disciple of his has attacked the necromancer congregation?

Also Q, there seem to be some significant translation difficulties in the text in this one, especially in Nami's dialogue. What's up with that? Like it was written in Czech first and then clumsily machine-translated to English.

"Fine. I think it'll be beneficial if everyone at least knows how to hold a weapon. I'll take the sword, because i have no idea how to use it."
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 21, 2022, 05:04:35 am »

"Fine. I think it'll be beneficial if everyone at least knows how to hold a weapon. I'll take the sword, because i have no idea how to use it."
+1

I'm gonna assume that eye in the fire during the dream was important, but I'm not sure why.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 27, 2022, 07:36:50 am »

Laid out a really short one this busy week, wasn't sure how much would I could realistically get out.

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 27, 2022, 09:03:41 am »

"It's true that without trees around, there isn't any place for us to hide. But same is also true for any potential threats as well. And without trees to block our view, we can spot things from a lot further away. I say we just keep going the way we are."
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 28, 2022, 01:24:00 am »

Lets just keep heading the way we're going, no need to risk getting into fights we don't need to.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 04, 2022, 01:24:13 pm »

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 04, 2022, 02:25:31 pm »

I have a sneaking suspicion that those weird screeching noises at night and the magical footprint are connected.

I say we drop out of the spirit world and concisely explain the situation to our companions: "No forest, no spirits to ask from either. Which is rather strange. But, there is a magical footprint, seemingly deliberate. Assuming no objections, we should follow that. We're bound to find something that way."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 05, 2022, 02:35:23 am »

Are you sure we should be following that thing, it could be leading us into a trap.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 05, 2022, 02:49:46 am »

We should at least take a cautious look. If we encounter something that seems too suspicious or too risky when following it, we can always back out before we're fully committed to it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 05, 2022, 03:08:00 am »

If you think we can get out of there before shit goes down then let us do it, but we must proceed with caution.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 10, 2022, 06:55:25 am »

. . .

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 10, 2022, 08:09:07 am »

Remark "Searching for a very specific kind of individual, it seems. There are not many who can peer into this world as i can. Therefore, i would very much like to meet this 'Sut of the secret path'. Tell then, Watcher, how might one do so?"

If the watcher is uncooperative, lets see if it recognizes Nami's sigil.

As an interesting aside 'Sut' translates to 'Bone'... Hmm...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 11, 2022, 03:38:50 am »

Remark "Searching for a very specific kind of individual, it seems. There are not many who can peer into this world as i can. Therefore, i would very much like to meet this 'Sut of the secret path'. Tell then, Watcher, how might one do so?"

If the watcher is uncooperative, lets see if it recognizes Nami's sigil.

As an interesting aside 'Sut' translates to 'Bone'... Hmm...
+1 Sounds good.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 17, 2022, 06:07:32 am »

. . .

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 60