Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 152178 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« Reply #720 on: February 19, 2023, 03:22:42 am »

If we add the axe head and the spear tip it'd add even more uses to the staff so I'm good with that idea.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 19, 2023, 03:44:30 am »

A good idea on paper, but it'd take up the same spot as the bird skull on top. As the staff's primary function is still to be a staff, i'd say the topper takes precedence. Though, there is the possibility of reinforcing it (the topper) later- possibly with a scythe-like blade, which could perform many of the same functions. Though, such a reinforcement may be best left blunt, so that it could be used as a hook. A custom-made, small axehead, more tomahawk-like, might be in the cards though. But probably not this giant slab of metal we have right now. Way too big. Plus, the fewer blades on it, the smaller chance of accidentally cutting or stabbing someone.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 19, 2023, 04:50:57 am »

I think our axe head is one sided so we could still have the bird skull on there on the opposite side of the axe blade, also I thought we had a small one handed axe.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 19, 2023, 05:10:03 am »

So, you want the axe head facing our body, or the bird skull?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 19, 2023, 05:47:38 am »

Probably the bird skull.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 19, 2023, 01:30:23 pm »

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 19, 2023, 02:36:26 pm »

Hah! Seems that killing the Titan did pay off in the end! This is excellent. Judging by the furrier's (admittedly restrained) enthusiasm, all our hardships related to that Titan are about to be repaid. If anyone can appraise the true value of such items, who else would it be than a furrier. This will surely be enough to fund the creation of our new staff, and probably have some left over. Which will probably be spent on the other things. We'd be fools not to take the opportunity. Of course, i am not naïve enough to think they won't try to rip us off, but Kadi(Yes. I flat our refuse to call the stoat girl 'Thran') seems to think she'll be able to guard against that, so she must have some knowhow in this regard.

But while we wait for the furrier to contact his guild, we have other things to do. Since it seems like we have the most to do there, i say we go to the library first. But before we take off, maybe we should ask the furrier whether he knows any bonecarvers, since he seems like the guy to know, seeing as the two trades are somewhat linked. I'm also thinking that if we encounter the shrine Sas is looking for on the way to the library, we'll visit the shrine first. Else, we'll handle it later. Also, since cloaks and clothing seem to be the topic of the day, we should ask the vagrant about her own clothing, while we walk.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 20, 2023, 04:58:08 am »

Sounds like we're about to get quite a bit of money.

Shouldn't we wait until the guild guys get here so we get payed and don't risk getting them mad at us if we take to long at the library. Other than that +1 to the other things you said.

Shouldn't we have someone hang onto the shield as we've had a couple of times where having it was incredibly helpful.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 26, 2023, 07:23:56 am »

. . .

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 11:19:47 am by Quaksna »

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 26, 2023, 10:56:26 am »

Not only does the map not have labels on it, but it also doesn't have roads marked on it, so we can only speculate what the road network looks like. Besides that, i'm not sure what to think about this guy, nor the guards watching over this place. The one in the room with us seems a little too brooding. Not to mention i'm getting a particular feeling of deja vu here. Is this the place from our dreams? I'm not sure, but it kind of gives me that vibe. We should keep our eyes sharp, just in case.

Anyway, on with the chatting. If there is any reason we have to suspect them, the last thing we want to is to appear that way.
Lets start off a small laugh and remark that "Knowledge is never in excess. But i fear neither of us will have time for that.", then get onto business: "If there is anyone reputable that could identify the Talisman's magic, whom you could point us to, we'd be grateful. I am of the mind that finding out the nature of this talisman would be of as much interest to the Library as it would be to us." and also add on that "Of course, if there is also anything you'd like to ask from me, i'll do my best to answer what i can."
Or something to that effect.

Also, here, i've annotated the map with how i understand it. You don't have to tell me whether i placed the labels right or wrong, Q. It'll more fun that way.

First thing i gotta say: The map looks really damn amazing, Q.
Second, there's a whole bunch of other places on this map that look like potential points of interest. I figure we'll eventually make it to the large city on the bottom right. There's a few things that look like castles nestled into the crooks of the mountains around there to the east. I wonder how old is this map? how much of this stuff is still there? What has sprung up since?

EDIT: Apparently, according to Q over PM, he messed up the cardinal directions in the script, so Oñirdiral is actually to the east , not the west.  The curse of being a non-native English speaker. :P I know i still mess it up myself frequently enough. He's corrected the script now, but i annotated the map according according to the original version. I'm guessing Oñirdiral is actually the castle to the east of (what i have marked as) Cengidas. I'll correct it the next time i update the annotations. Lets just handwave this as Blackhoof not quite understanding cardinal directions for now. :P
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 11:49:14 am by Strif3 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 26, 2023, 02:08:14 pm »

I love "hold on a breath" as a tribal-deerfolk colloquialism - much more natural than "hold on a second" would be, for a people without mechanical timekeeping.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 28, 2023, 05:10:28 am »

That's a nice looking map should be quite useful to us in the future even if it lacks labels.

Also I don't think we need to be suspicious of the guy we're talking to as he seems friendly enough.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 05, 2023, 11:58:57 am »

:P

Oh I am retarded in every language. You could say, quoque idiotus multilinguēs sum

This one's more passive again, I was kinda useless this week

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 05, 2023, 12:26:14 pm »

Hmm... The townsfolk seem to have taken quite an interest in us... But they don't look like they need our help. I feel like an exotic sideshow attraction, and i don't like it. And it's pretty obvious the stoat girl doesn't enjoy the attention either.
But beyond that, i no reason to deviate from our current course, but staying alert, of course.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 06, 2023, 05:36:21 am »

Dang towns people gawking at us like we're some kind of freak.

Anyway let us continue with our current course of action.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 60