Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 152134 times)

TeaKing

• Bay Watcher
  • the ruler of tea kind!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« Reply #735 on: March 06, 2023, 04:25:48 pm »

Hmm... Maybe we could ask the librarian or sorcerer to lead us through some secret passageway or something to avoid all these annoying people once we prepare to leave

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 12, 2023, 02:21:02 pm »

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 12, 2023, 03:24:09 pm »

hmm, sounds like it is a personal piece, and the talisman's intended recipient was very much cared for. What concerns me is that it sounds like the talisman might be some form of soulforged artifact - I.e. it contains (a part of) a soul of a once-living being. Some might take offence to that idea. And it also might imply that it is more powerful than the initial inspection would indicate. It being so difficult to probe lends credence to the idea- like somebody went through a great deal of trouble to obfuscate the true extent of the talisman's powers. I fear any more intrusive inspection will risk damaging the artifact. And perhaps it is not even meant to be probed like this, but rather for the wielder to discover all of it's capabilities by themselves naturally, for purposes of good or evil.

Despite that, we should recite these three names to Flax, without the surrounding context, see whether they ring any bells for him. And of course, we should tell of our discoveries to the librarian, too. We did promise after all, that it would be of as much interest to the library as to us. Maybe the librarian will even be able to tell us something more.

As for the invitation from the fellow wizard, i don't see why not. We've got time to kill, we have an established meeting point. Sure, lets join him for something and engage in some wizardly discussion. I'm still extremely wary though, so i say the vagrant sits this one out and acts as our eyes and ears, just in case. We'll make it up to her later.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 13, 2023, 04:07:39 am »

It seems there's more to the necklace than it appeared at first, maybe one day we will know its full potential.

As for the invitation from the fellow wizard, i don't see why not. We've got time to kill, we have an established meeting point. Sure, lets join him for something and engage in some wizardly discussion. I'm still extremely wary though, so i say the vagrant sits this one out and acts as our eyes and ears, just in case. We'll make it up to her later.
+1 but I think we should keep her some what close, so we can make sure nothing happens to her.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 19, 2023, 05:28:09 am »

. . .

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 19, 2023, 06:01:26 am »

Back to the library then. Though we could off-handedly ask what's the townsfolk's fascination with us and ask whether he has an invisibility spell or something, mostly as a joke.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 20, 2023, 03:41:54 am »

I quite like the varied images we got on this one, all kinds of good stuff.

Back to the library then. Though we could off-handedly ask what's the townsfolk's fascination with us and ask whether he has an invisibility spell or something, mostly as a joke.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 26, 2023, 01:21:09 pm »

Had to split the episodes agian, busy week. With Easter on the doorstep and some personal arrangements on top, I expect shorter segments for some time, but suits the city I suppose. No crazy stuff going on yet...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 27, 2023, 03:58:17 am »

Well I guess it's time to turn in our cloak and get the money, probably should be on guard in case they try to take the cloaks and run with out paying.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 27, 2023, 04:30:03 am »

Well I guess it's time to turn in our cloak and get the money, probably should be on guard in case they try to take the cloaks and run with out paying.
Or try to rip us off.

+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 27, 2023, 11:20:20 am »

Mixed media, sweet! Lovely weathering on the paper too :)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 29, 2023, 02:25:49 am »

I forgot to mention that I also really liked the way the maps turned out.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 02, 2023, 04:10:20 am »

. . .

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 02, 2023, 04:30:22 am »

Right, time to get ourselves a new staff. Now that we have a significant amount of money, we should keep an eye out for materials which might be particularly permeable to magic, to make our staff. Perhaps pay another visit to the sorcerer, maybe he has some advice on the best materials to use for a staff. Of course we should be twice as careful when spending our coin. We'll rely on the stoat to keep us from being scammed, since she seems particularly capable in urban environments. She also wanted to get rid of the spear she picked up, so we'll do that, too.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 03, 2023, 02:17:18 am »

Right, time to get ourselves a new staff. Now that we have a significant amount of money, we should keep an eye out for materials which might be particularly permeable to magic, to make our staff. Perhaps pay another visit to the sorcerer, maybe he has some advice on the best materials to use for a staff. Of course we should be twice as careful when spending our coin. We'll rely on the stoat to keep us from being scammed, since she seems particularly capable in urban environments. She also wanted to get rid of the spear she picked up, so we'll do that, too.
+1 Also I thought she only wanted rid of the tip of the spear, and that we were thinking of using it on the end of the staff.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60