Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 152121 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« Reply #765 on: April 24, 2023, 03:32:18 am »

Since we're in the town right now I say we try the huntsmen and see if they have bones, but if they don't we can try the fox men.

Well given how ever-changing the artstyle is it is hard to judge, the idea goes that Black is strong but not a trained fighter, that's about it. Go off from that, rather than the inconsistent width of his shoulders  :P
You're just saying that because you want to hide from us the fact that Black is actually a body builder that can punch holes in trees!

Also Quaksna what image host do you use, I'm asking because Imgur is purging all kinds of images and I don't want your work to be lost with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 24, 2023, 03:40:35 am »

Since we're in the town right now I say we try the huntsmen and see if they have bones, but if they don't we can try the fox men.
+1

Also Quaksna what image host do you use, I'm asking because Imgur is purging all kinds of images and I don't want your work to be lost with it.
Imgur earlier on, but at least the latest update uses PostImg.cc, which has it's own problems, because nowadays it downscales pictures severely. I used it when posting my art before, because Imgur converts to JPG which destroys the quality of fine detail. Ultimately, the effect is the same—a loss in detail. Currently it's looking like imgbb might be the best one...
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 24, 2023, 03:44:59 am »

Imgbb is what I use for my stuff been good so far.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 24, 2023, 03:48:43 am »

It's thanks to you mentioning imgbb that i got the idea to use it :))
Anyway, something should be done to preserve the earlier chapters together with their images. I think the guys over on the hall of legends thread are working on preserving certain threads.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 24, 2023, 03:52:46 am »

I'm helping with that I could do this tread after the two I said I was working on in hall of legends thread.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 24, 2023, 10:26:21 am »

Honestly I wouldn't mind if my Imgur got purged, it be a service if anything  :P Been thinking of doing it myself should some drastic scenarios occur. Either way the site is fked and was as far as I can remember, so that's that

Anyways if you have better means of hosting images, well I'm listening. The only thing I've noticed with Postimages that sometimes the pictures load in lower res than they actually are, but it's random, about as consistent as the artstyle, but otherwise it serves well, much better than the predecessor.

Also all of the actual drawings/paintings are being steadily archived so I can sell them to Strif3 for Steam gifts as a bundle pack in future so whatever happens, they're still mine to rule.

I am still very much all for updating the ancient scribbles along with text revisions, it's just the time window for that is non existent now, and I might have to get humbler wiith the updates going forward, I'm currently broadening my applications, you see. Still I didn't get bored of this, much more is to come, I hope.

So we can get further from the depths of Tartarus, Zultan, I hereby forbid thee from salvaging any of that outrageous outrage don't even try what is this chaos desinformation and anarchy  :P

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 25, 2023, 02:29:02 am »

But I've already decided to archive this tread and when I decide to do something like this it must be done!

Also I say Imgbb is a good one and I haven't noticed any drop in quality with it.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 30, 2023, 02:06:47 pm »

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TeaKing

• Bay Watcher
  • the ruler of tea kind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 01, 2023, 01:45:47 am »

Another scholar? fine...

Talk to the scholar, ask them if they happen to have bones OR know where we could find these Gugir followers, but urge them to make it quick and short, don't want them wasting our time.

we should also probably flat out leave and ignore them if they suggest some kind of deal or trade for information

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 01, 2023, 02:20:29 am »

I say we politely refuse and be on our way.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 01, 2023, 04:14:19 am »

I say we at least hear him out then decide whether or not to leave.

Also I've archived this thread, I'll upload it when I upload all the other stuff I've got.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 06, 2023, 02:45:56 am »

Hello everyone, I'm just posting to say I've made backups of this thread and papercrafts in case Imgur decides to kill the images, and will leave them here in case people are interested.

Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ ; Tales of Kudarkalur
Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- ; Tales of the Deer Wizard

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 07, 2023, 04:40:58 am »

This has to take the cake for the most useless point to split the script at, but alas. Was on travels this week, got to draw but didn't plan it out very well  :P

Also Zultan, I am still not sure whether this is a service or disservice to posterity, but whatever, appreciated.

. . .

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 08, 2023, 04:42:11 am »

The man has offered to lead us and it would be rude not to follow.

Also Zultan, I am still not sure whether this is a service or disservice to posterity, but whatever, appreciated.
Preserving things that people have put a lot of effort into is always important.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 14, 2023, 10:17:26 am »

. . .

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 60